Chapter 16

Magic of Love

"Omma, Yoona and I have to go back to school. We already missed 1 week of our classes." Kibum held his mom's things on his left shoulder and Yoona's hand on his right.

"Okay, study hard you two, but don't stress yourselves. Your dad and I still need to meet the doctor you better go now." Mrs. Kim kissed her son before letting them go.

Kibum and Yoona both bowed and waved goodbye to Kibum's parents. They left the hospital holding each other's hands and were swaying it back and forth just like two children playing. 

The two arrived at Yoona's house about 4 in the afternoon after minutes of bus ride.

"Huh oppa I'm tired." Yoona said massaging her neck.

Kibum sat beside her and placed his arm around Yoona, while she leaned her head over his chest and hugged him.

"I can't believe this day would come. I thought I would be left in that curse forever." She said.

Yoona lifted up her head and smiled. Kibum showed off some of his brightest smile that he only gives to the people he love.

"You should have just tell me and not hurt yourself." Kibum said.

"What do you mean?" she confusedly asked.

"The letter." Kibum whispered.

"What letter?" Yoona wondered.

Kibum brought out a letter with a pink envelope from his pocket.

"Yah! How did you get that?" she said stealing the letter from Kibum's hands.

But Kibum fled, so she was not able to get the letter. Kibum ran while Yoona was trying to catch him.

"Oppa, give me that!" she yelled.

But Kibum was not listening, instead he read it aloud, and so they continued to chase each other all day long.

 

~~~

 

Three months later, things just got better. Kibum and Yoona always walk to school together, with holding hands swaying everyday. Sunny and Sungmin once rubbed their eyes, the first time they saw them together. 

"Wait a minute, what is this?" Sungmin asked.

All of the people were  at looking at them. Boys, who tried to court Yoona, and girls who's jealous of her. People kept on whispering to each other and purposedly gossiping in front of them so that Kibum and Yoona could hear them saying that Kibum is one lucky guy.

"I'm lucky?" Kibum mouthed.

Yoona giggled and hid her face behind Kibum. 

"Just go now!" she said.

"Are you pushing me away?" Kibum mocked.

"Ani, you'll be late!" Yoona chuckled.

Kibum waved goodbye to Yoona, to Sungmin and to Sunny, they waved back at him as well.

"How did this happen?" Sunny shook her head.

"I will tell you later." Yoona linked her arms to Sunny and Sungmin's.

 

~~~

 

When the bell rang, Yoona excitingly walked out of her room and decided to go fetch Kibum. She waited outside the university gate, but the guard let her in. 

She walked through the school garden and was really amazed by it. She was browsing around when a group of guys tapped her shoulder.

"Excuse me miss, can I know your name?" one guy asked.

"Sorry, but she has a boyfriend." Sunny popped out of nowhere.

Yoona smiled when she saw Sunny together with Sungmin and Tiffany. Tiffany is quite popular in her school since she's a Hwang, so when the guys saw her, they rushed away.

"Are you here for Kibum oppa?" asked Tiffany.

"Neh." Yoona bowed.

"Okay, follow me." 

"Unnie I have to go, my mom's gonna kill Sungmin oppa if I go home late." Sunny reported while embracing Sungmin's arms.

By then, Sunny separated from Yoona and Tiffany, with Sungmin.

"I see you are quiet popular to the boys." Tiffany joked.

But Yoona just smirked and shyly played with her feet. Tiffany chuckled at Yoona's expression, she's a bit shy about being pretty. Yoona walked through the hallway and saw many boys playing around. She caught the boys' attention when she stood in front of the door.

"Woohoo--" one boy said.

"Hi, can I help you?" another guy asked handsomely.

"Uhmm, I'm looking for Kibum oppa." She said.

"Kibum oppa?" one boy chuckled.

Kibum was at the back, reading some of his books when he noticed that his classmates were bunching up at the door. He then walked to the crowd and pushed them aside.

"Excuse me?"

Then he saw Yoona standing there.

"Oppa!" she waved at him.

Kibum smiled and walked to her.

"What are you doing here, 'girlfriend?'--" he emphasized his words.

He cleared his throat purposedly, telling his classmates to stay away from his girl. It actually worked because all of his classmates went back to there places and were disappointed.

"I just wanna passed by since I went out first. Sunny and Sungmin were with me but, they left early." Yoona said.

He thought they're done, but he knew that his classmates were behind the door, eavesdropping on them.

"Okay, let's go home now." Kibum invited.

He went back to his room to grab his bag then immediately pulled Yoona's hand away from there. They walked home together while eating ice cream. They were laughing and chitchatting when his phone rang. Yoona wiped Kibum's mouth with her handkerchief before he answers the call.

"Hello?" he greeted.

"It's me." Kibum's mom said.

"Oh omma, waeyo?" he asked.

"Would you go here for a while? I cooked a dish for you." She added.

"Okay, I'll just go there." He nodded.

"Bring Yoona with you, I need her help with the tasting" Kibum's mother said.

Kibum gazed at Yoona. He hang up and Yoona just gave him a curious expression.

"She wants to see you," he said, "I'm jealous now, my mom loves you more than me." he mocked.

Yoona smiled and pulled him towards their house.