Chapter 9

Magic of Love

Inflamed, Yoona grabbed the piece of paper from Kibum's hands and unwaitingly scanned it from top to bottom. Though she's not sure if she'll be able to finish studying before she could concede all of his wishes, the genie's still grateful of the gift.

"Whoa! I can't believe it!" Yoona covered with her right hand and left the other to hold the paper. Then again, read what's in it. 

 

Lee Soo Man School of Arts
Seoul, South Korea
Academy Year 2011-2012

 

To Ms. Im Yoona,

        Good Day! We are glad to say that you, Ms. Im Yoona is invited (through recommendations) to come and take an entrance examination for our special scholarship. We are expecting you would accept this kind invitation from us. 

          Anytime you are ready, please come to our school and fill up some application forms. We are happy to have you here in our school. 

From: Mr. Lee Soo Man, President of Soo Man School of Arts

 

After re-reading the letter, Yoona stood up from her chair and jumped off the ground many times, like a kid who got a new gadget from her parents. Kibum laughed as he watched his genie act like a child. This natural laugh of her friend, caught Tiffany's attention.

"Thank you Tiffany-sshi!" the genie bowed down to her new friend before lifting the paper up above her head then locking it on her chest. 

It was also during that time that they finished their dinner and decided to go home early, and Yoona as the host, conducted her guests to her house's steel gate. She couldn't stop thanking the kind lady who gave her this wonderful opportunity. "Tiffany-sshi! Thanks for your help. I'm going to study well." She said still grasping the envelope with her fine hands. 

"You can't let go of that envelope huh?" Kibum smiled through it, his hands inside his pockets. Tiffany was muted for a while as she watched the two get along really well. "We have to go now, I will still have to accompany Tiffany to their house 'cause it's dark already." Kibum said before leaving with his friend. 

Yoona's precious grin's couldn't be hidden ever since, the reason why Kibum wanted to leave early so she could savor the moment by herself. He did not want to ruin it by making her serve him.

 

 

The mood was halting between the two when they left together. Neither wanted to speak, and they don't even know why. They never intended to be this awkward, but because of the feelings they've been hiding, this came. Still, Tiffany tried to save it, by starting a conversation. "Hey," she blurted. "It's just been 3 weeks yet you're super close already." But she said it with a soft blow.

"Yeah, she's not hard to get close to." Kibum replied while looking up the sky, seeing the sparkling starts above them. He smiled.

"Really?" Tiffany bowed her head, her chest being pressed hard against her, "What about me?" she asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" Kibum turned his head to his best friend and felt like something's wrong with her. The lady, on the other hand, in all of the air she needed to say, "It's just, I-I, I like Yoona. She's kind and sweet, but-but, I'm jealous of your friendship. Ever since I accidentally kissed you we became awkward--"

"That was in 6th grade Tiffany, let it go." Kibum exclaimed weakly, with his voice cracking a bit. Tiffany sighed. "I know. It's just that--whatever. I'll go now."

Kibum knew that something's up, that his friend's just not admitting that she has a problem. But also because of this concern, Kibum thought of letting it go for the night. Probably Tiffany would want to keep it to herself first. He should just wait 'til she's ready. 

"Sure, good night!" He still hugged her though, to give her comfort despite them being in a clumsy situation. 

"I'm so happy for you. I'll give Donghae oppa a chance, is that alright?" Tiffany whispered as he felt her hand on his back, rubbing it in a friendly matter way. That somehow, comforted him.

"Don't ask me, I'm just your best friend." He replied to Tiffany before pulling back and walking away.

 

 

Yoona stayed in her room, the whole day. Spent it through playing with her new smart phone that her master has bought her, and by talking to herself about her certain issues. Later on, she opened her phone only to see her picture smiling very well at the camera. Then she wondered. "Will he like a person--I mean a creature like me?" then she sighed. "Stop it Genie! You're just a worthless Genie, don't fall for your master or you'll end up like in the past." 

She felt like a fool while talking to herself about her master that way. But she couldn't help it, her heart beats fast everytime she's with him, and worries when not. In short, she's falling for her master. 

"It can't be! We just met for 3 weeks." She messed her long hair, but it just returned to its old look in a snap. 

Nevertheless, Yoona slept all the stress away and woke up very early the next day. The moment she realized that it's her special day, she shortly took a bath and dressed nicely for her application. She even took time in searching inside her closet for the appopriate clothes but she wasn't able to find a good one, so she waved her index finger and a beautiful dress showed lying on her bed.

It was a plain white dress with a black ribbon through it's waist and a pink long sleeve vest, she got it and tried it on. 

Downstairs though, was Kibum who trespassed in her house once again--which he always does anyways, and stole another drink in her fridge before going to school. And so, upong feeling his presence, Yoona happily walked out of her room and came out looking beautiful. Her master, after seeing it, dropped the can he's holding. 

"Is it pretty?" she asked while swirling around her place. 

"Yeah, you look---good." Kibum replied with a gulp, a hidden gulp to be exact. He suddenly felt embarassed from invading her home.

Yoona smiled widely and felt flattered of his compliment. She really enjoys his sweet-talking. Once again, the genie turned around in her place and let her master fancy her pretty clothes.

"Where are you going though?" he asked leaning his side against the fridge.

"Oh, to the school Tiffany-sshi recommended. I would apply." She answered him gladly. 

"You will?" Kibum raised an eyebrow at his servant then blinked.

"Yes, I will!" she nodded firmly.

"Okay, I'll accompany you there." He shrugged his shoulders a little, suggesting it with a full-heart.

With that, they walked together to school. It was not a peaceful walk for Yoona kept sharing stories about her from the past. She told him she liked her master whose name was Siwon. She added to him that he is a brave soldier, but died during the war.

"How tragic," Kibum's forehead curled, but still did not lessen his good-looks, and bit his bottom lip.

"It is. He promised me he'll wish me out of this curse, but he died. I guess it's really my fate to be a forever genie." Yoona bit hers in return.

Kibum gazed at the lady beside him. Suddenly he thought that she might be as bright as sun outside, but she's as dim as night in the inside.

"Oh we're here!" she cheered after seeing the huge sign hanging above by the two posts. Excitingly, she has gone step by step, she's too excited that she forgot to say goodbye to her master.

"Hey, are you just going to leave?" asked Kibum when she suddenly left him behind. Yoone turned to her back again then grinned sheepishly. 

"Sorry," she bowed to him as low as she could, "goodbye Master." Kibum started to worry when he noticed people looking at them. Hastily, he ran right in front of her, held her by her shoulders, and pulled her up. Then whispered, "No need to bow," he looked at her, "people are looking." 

Yoona rolled her eyes towards them other people and bowed again, but this time higher. Therefrom, she walked away with her head bowed. 

The moment she was released from being Kibum's genie, Yoona entered the school and was simply amazed by it. The lady genie smiled weakly at the people she passes by, and tried to make a good impression of them. 

"Whoa bro, look at that, what a chic!"

"I wonder if she's taken?"

"Whatever bro, taken or not I like her."

After hearing those words, Yoona thought of moving fast, already feeling umcomfortable about the whispers of the guys around her. She followed Tiffany's directions to walk towards the tallest building she could possibly see and look for the registration room there.

When she found it, Yoona paced through the wide-looking hallway and looked for the staff room. She stopped by in front of a room with a sign that says 'Registrar' and knocked at the door. A door from inside told her to come in so Yoona opened the wooden door and peeked her head through it, "Hello, I'm Im Yoona!" she introduced.

"Oh, we've been waiting for you Ms. Im, come and follow me." Yoona did as the person inside says. She eyed that person and knew that she's a lady in her 30s with a skinny figure wearing a professional looking clothes. "Please sit here and answer this form." Her thoughts were stopped when the lady gave her two pieces of paper. Yoona looked through it and was fascinated. 

"Can I start now?" she asked the lady that seems to be the registrar. 

"Please do so."

By then, she brought out a pen from her bag and answered the form. 

"Name is Im. Yoon. A," she wrote to the first line, "birthday? Ah, the date I was created, May 30th, year? Year? Master's age is 18--"

She meticulously continued to answer the application form, and she finished it slowly but surely. She might not make a mistake of this, especially that she needs to take care of her true identity. 

"--Parents? Should I write orphan?" and then, she wrote 'orphan.'