Chapter 3

Magic of Love

The Kim Family is not that rich yet not that poor. The reason why Kibum got into the High school of the Stars is because of Tiffany's help, and his smartness. In exchange, he promised his and her parents to take good care of her while they are studying, and so he's always with her; 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.

"Goodbye Kibum oppa, be careful!" Tiffany waved her hand softly, in a sophisticated way of bidding goodbye to her friend. It was an awkward moment, for what happened earlier is a thing that Kibum never expected. But instead of showing the discomfot in the atmosphere, Kibum chose to smile at his best best friend before leaving. When he left, he didn't look back nor wave his goodbye to her. "I might waver again," he whispered to himself while holding on to his heart.

With his hands in his pockets, Kibum walked to the street of Chan which was the stiffest street in their district, while kicking his feet on the ground. He was whining some things to himself. He busied himself with his own business, not noticing the lamp scattered on the streets waiting for him to step on it. Until finally, he tread on it.

"Ah!" he moaned while jumping like a crazy man. "Shoot!" he cursed more as the pain subsides from his feet. Kibum stomped his feet on the ground once again and looked at the lamp, "A lamp?" he took it with his left hand and shook it a few times, "I think I saw this before." He said, not even sure when and where.

Still feeling annoyed by it, Kibum the lamps antique design. He touched the flowery details on its sides and saw a symbol underneath. When he was done studying its meticulous art, Kibum knocked the lamp a few times and knew that it is made of pure gold. He opened the lid, checked inside and learned that it's empty. He rubbed the sides a few times expecting that something will come out of it, but saw none in the end. It was totally empty. 

Going back to reality, Kibum just held unto the lamp and went back home to ask his Mom about it. He just felt like the lamp's really familiar and he just couldn't leave it there. Then the thought of Tiffany suddenly snapped him again. Kibum went back to whining, "Why does she have to do it?" he continued to scold himself until he finally reached home. When he arrived, he saw his dad reading some newspapers in their living room with his feet resting on a box and ascertained that his Mom was busy cooking their dinner.

"Good afternoon dad" he greeted his dad. "Hm, you're home!" his dad greeted back while flipping the page of his black & white.

Kibum then passed by the kitchen to check on his mom, and also to grab his favorite drink. "Mom I'm home," he said with a soft voice before opening the fridge's door. 

"Oh you are here! Come and have a bite." Mrs. Kim replied while setting up the table for her loving son. Kibum on the other hand, responded with a smile and disagreed to the idea as he got himself a bottle of orange juice, "No thanks mom, I'm full." 

After getting what he wants, Kibum closed the fridge and walked up to his room. He his fingers through the paintings hanging on their walls as he walked through their hallways like a child admiring the things he sees. Then, he immediately locked his door as soon as he entered it, hoping to have his little privacy once again. 

Immediately, Kibum threw his bag on his bed, dangled his jacket on the wooden holder and plopped down his small couch to rest. When he got his remote, he his cabled-TV and switched it fast to Nat-Geo before opening his orange juice to refill his thirst. The show streamed on for an hour.

It was already at the of the show when Kibum suddenly felt like a pair of eyes was watching him. He felt shivers run down to his spines as he looked around and only to see nobody. And so, before he could think crazily, the 17 year old decided to turn off his television to give himself a rest. Probably he's just feeling tired so he felt anxious about his environment. 

 

 

It was already 12 in the evening. The moon shined really bright that the light passed through the window and hit Kibum's face. The lad was sleeping peacefully on his bed when his bag, lying on his couch, suddenly shook from it's place. Then in a bursting way, a light spread out from the bag and filled the room. Kibum saw the bright white from behind his eyelids so he squeezed his eyes together. But thinking of it as a dream, Kibum went back to his dreamland fast.

When the light was gone, a silhouette of a lady slowly shaped up standing from the side of his bed. She was shining in her white dress and a goddess in her looks. Lastly in the process, the shadow of white formed into a human figure and saw Kibum first who's sleeping on his bed, peacefully wandering in his dreamland. When she realized it,  she started cheering. "Oh, what a boy!" she squealed like a little girl having her first doll.

The lady walked closer to the bed, bent down her body then leaned her face close to the lad's. It was so near that they could kiss. But the innocence in her mind brought her to poke his cute chubby cheeks instead. She giggled more and stared at him for quite a while.

"You're a cute little guy." She smiled before standing up to look around the room. 

The stranger turned her head to her left then to her right, scanning the place with glee. She gasps everytime she sees an interesting stuffs from Kibum's things and gawks from his writings. 

"He's a smart kid." She added with a swift nod.

When the lady was done studying his room, she went back to her new owner and sit on the edge of his bed. She did it almost carefully, avoiding him to wake up. Then she stared at him for quite sometime again until she saw him move, pulling his blanket over him. The pretty lady smiled at the view.