Chapter 7

Magic of Love

The two, just like a newly best friends talk much comfortably with each other now compare to how they first met. They just met for a day but their conversation was full of fun. Yoona told Kibum a lot of tales about her experiences for the past hundred of years that surprised him. And just like how obsessed he was for the subject, he felt like he learned a lot from the history itself.

Still, in the midst of everything legend, he got the chance to ask her her body age that she gladly answered. She said that her body is aged 18 but her mind is almost a century old. Kibum snorted when he knew. "So you're my noona huh?" he chuckled at the thought but Yoona just pouted at him. 

"Stupid! Are you going to sleep here? 'Cause if you don't your mom must be looking for you." She reminded him with a strong flick on his forehead. Kibum groaned in pain because of it. "Shoot! I forgot, I'm just gonna tell her that I went out with Tiff." He said while massaging his forehead.

But more than the flicking of forehead, Kibum was surprised to heard that the genie actually called him 'stupid.' He thought that Genies are supposed to be kind and clean, moreover knowing that the genie is a beautiful lady. "My forehead, it hurts!" 

He was already in pain but the genie felt no guilt in her heart. She just did it for revenge, she thought. But still, she has a great responsibility for her Master until his three wishes are done. Because if something happens to him without fulfilling his three wishes, Yoona will stay with him forever. And so, she leaned closer to him and checked his forehead. 

"What are you doing?" Kibum asked when she suddenly tiptoed to reach for his face. 

Yoona's heart started to beat fast the moment she found herself near her master's face. And just like an automatic program, she fled off to her room and left him alone. Kibum also felt his heart beating differently, it was a strange beat. "I'm leaving." He said in front of Yoona's door. 

 

 

It was a busy day at the canteen a few days later, for the great bully chose the cafeteria to warm up his bullying skills with the geeks of their school. But in the midst of forcing some students to give him their foods, Donghae saw Tiffany eating alone. Rapidly, he hid behind a post and smirked. He learned that Kibum was not with her so he wanted to take this chance of talking to her, and so he came to her with hands inside his pockets. He got the swag feel outside but deep inside him, he's nervous and afraid that Tiffany might reject him. 

"Uhh--m, Ti-Tiffany?" he stuttered but got his confidence back after a while. "You can do this boy!" Tiffany knew it was him just from hearing his voice so she did not hesitate to gave him her famous icy cold appreciation that she learned from her cousin Jessica Jung. "What?!" she replied in a unwelcoming tone. "C-c-c-canyougooutwithmethisSaturday?" 

Tiffany with the rest of the people at the canteen, looked at Donghae in a serious awe. And out of shockness, she burst out all the food in and made people to look at her. "Sorry, sorry." She bowed at them then turned to the guy standing in front of her.

The great bully was sweating on his place. Who would have thought that the tough jock is a loverboy? And he decided to confess in the cafeteria where a lot of people were pissed at him. 

"Donghae-ah. I can't. I really can't. You see, I have a DATE with Kibum oppa, so I can't go. Sorry." Donghae's bright smile suddenly dimmed. He expected it anyway but it just felt extreme in reality. He didn't know that it could hurt this much. 

"Ohh really? Sorry for disturbing you then." He said with low voice. He tried to act pitiful, hoping that it would work.

"Awww, poor Donghae." 

"Psh, serves him right!"

"He's a bully, he deserves that."

"We should thank Tiffany for avenging for us."

A guilt struck on Tiffany's heart at the time she heard people talk about him. She never intended to be mean but she just rejected him in front of a lot of people. Her mind says that she should not go out with the one bullying her bestfriend, but her heart tells her that Donghae is so sad, and she should give him a chance. Plus, it was pretty hard for him to confess. It took her 2 minutes before Tiffany looked back at Donghae.

"Wait!" she shouted. "--I can ask him to postpone it." 

Just like how how he planned it, Donghae lighted up. Then he started punching his arms in the air and jumped up and down to his place, until he noticed people staring at him. He immediately pulled his self together, flattening his collar and finally combing his hair with his hands. 

The great mind and heart of the bully was happy, he just couldn't neither explain nor say what he feels. While the angel's mind and heart were at ease, for the guilt inside her was gone.

 

 

The bright smile of his mom welcomed Kibum when he got home from school that day. He doesn't know the reason why, but he's fine with it. At least she's in the mood, he thought. He'll do anything to make his mom smile. "Kibum-ah, where's Tiffany, are you with her?" she asked as she get his bag for him.

"No. She is with her friends so I did not have the chance to talk to her." Bluntly replied Kibum. He's just too tired from school to speak more.

When she got the answer she wanted, Mrs. Kim returned to the kitchen and finished her cooking before the actual dinner time. While Kibum who suddenly thought about his genie, become alive and even rushed to escape from his Mom. It was easy for him to get past through his Mom for she was busy with her cooking, moreover to his Dad who's already doing his work at home. 

Yoona just finished washing the dishes when she Kibum arrived at the front door, really tired and sweaty. She heard him enter the house so she walked to the door to welcome him as his servant. She was very concern when she noticed him tired, and so the genie asked what happened. "Why are you sweaty? Did you run?" she asked him worryingly.

The lady grabbed him a towel from the bathroom and volunteered to wipe his sweat for him. Yoona got a quick moment to look at his sparkling eyes that made her heart to feel more uneasy. It's been a week already but still, the more she looks at him, the more her heart acts crazily. 

"Wipe your sweat yourself!" she threw the towel to his face. Then she added, "Am I your mother? Or your--girlfriend, for me to do that?"

"What?" Kibum bit his lower lip after pulling the towel off of his face. He saw that the lady genie already walked through the living room and lodged on the couch, he followed her there and sit beside her too. She opened the television using the remote beside her and watched the moving pictures, as Kibum turn to look around the place once again. Then from the wall across the room, he noticed a painting hanging.

He stood on his feet once more and walked towards where the painting was dangled, studied it with his own eyes then blinked. "Garden of peace." He read the description.

"Garden of peace. An antique being. Siwon gave that to me." Yoona explained from where she was sitting. Kibum upon hearing the unfamiliar name, turned to his genie. "Siwon?" asked him.

"My first love." Yoona smiled as she remember the old times she had with the brave man. But instead of asking what happened to him, Kibum laughed at her. He tried to apologize but he just couldn't stop his laughter.

"Why? Don't genies have the right to fall in love?" she asked with a rolling of eyes she learned from her master. Kibum snorted then smirked slightly, "As far as I know, they don't." 

After hearing from him the truth that slapped her mentality, Yoona's expression dimmed. "Yeah. Right. They don't." She whispered to herself then bowed her head from the thought. 

"Did you eat already?" Kibum ignored her self-pity and continued on towards the kitchen where he saw the cleanliness he couldn't see in his room. 

"Of course. I know how to cook, so I cooked for myself." She yelled to him from the living room, still not moving from her place. Kibum sighed after that long laugh he had. He didn't mean to be mean to her but he must have hurt her feelings so he stopped. In a while, his stares accidentally met Yoona's eyes who was already standing at the boundary of the kitchen and the living room, and was about to cry. 

"I'm just kidding" he reasoned with panic. Yoona just smiled at him and said, "I know." 

She turned to her back again and continued to watch the cartoon program on the television. Kibum saw that she's watching a comedic show, but he noticed that she's frowning. Her heart must be feeling like crying.

"Okay then. I just came to check you out anyway." Kibum told her, with guilt in his heart.