Chapter 14

Magic of Love

Tiffany dressed herself with the simplest clothes she could wear, and hurried to the place where Yoona told her to come. She looked at her watch and knew she's 10 minutes late, probably, Kibum was waiting.

"Oppa, what happened?" she asked.

"Please sit!" he smiled.

Tiffany did as he say, no idea on what's happening. Violins playing. Romantic lights sparkling. Cool wind blowing.

"Tiffany I want to tell you something" he said.

"What?" Tiffany smiled. "What's all these anyway?"

"I--I--" he said.

"You what?" she smiled.

"....."

"....."

"I like you." Kibum bowed his head as he confessed.

Tiffany's smile faded.

"You what?" she asked confusedly.

"I said I like you!" he cleared.

"But you have Yoona now!" she said.

"She's not my girlfriend, we're just pretending" Kibum avoided Tiffany's stares.

"What are you saying? Don't joke around. I'm getting confused." Tiffany said.

Kibum stayed quiet, making her believe.

"You! Are you telling the truth?" she said wiping her tears. "Why now? Huh? Why now that I already like Donghae!" 

"Sorry. Sorry I only told you now, I don't know what to do--" Kibum held her hands.

"I don't know what to say, I can't believe you!" she threw her hands in the air and left.

Kibum watched her as she left. Feeling numb. His mind and heart were colliding, and his feelings are in a bad mix.

 

~~~

 

Yoona couldn't stop walking back and forth, worried about her master.

"I wonder what's happening?" she said, teary.

"I should not be crying, this is my idea anyway." She stopped her tears.

Yoona crawled to her bed, back to the walking, then sat back to the soft thing, finally walked to the kitchen. She opened her fridge and brought out a pitcher of water. She pulled out a glass and pour it, she was shaking. Her knees were trembling, and her heart was beating fast.

She doesn't know what is it that she's feeling. Perhaps, she's feeling what her master does, since she is conncected to him until he finished his three wishes.

"He's probably sad." She said, taking a hold of her chest.

Yoona burst out all the hard feelings by crying, so much that she can hardly breathe. 

As soon as the sun rose up, Yoona checked her phone for Kibum's messages, but she received no text at all. It was Sunday so she was not doing anything. In the end she decided to invite Sunny and Sungmin to her home and after 30 minutes of waiting, the two finally arrived.

"Whoaa!" both of them groaned.

"Are we in the right address?" Sunny asked.

"Of course." Sungmin double checked the address Yoona gave them.

They pressed the doorbell and Yoona came out.

"Unnie/Noona!" both of them said joyfully.

But Yoona came out with a pale face.

"Waeyo unnie something happened?" Sunny worryingly asked.

They weren't enjoying the house yet, when Yoona fainted out of the blue. They panicked. Sungmin pulled out his phone and dialled the Ambulance Hotline, and it took 10 minutes before they got there.

"I think we should call Kibum hyung." Sungmin suggested.

Sunny agreed. They contacted Kibum using Yoona's phone but no one is answering.

 

~~~

 

Kibum looked on his phone screen and saw Yoona calling. He doesn't know why but he doesn't want to answer. After several missed calls, he walked to the kitchen leaving his phone behind. Suddenly, Kibum's mom entered or should I say trespassed his room.

"Kibum?" his mom called with a soft voice.

His mom was about to leav the room when his phone rang. She opened it and saw a text message from Yoona.

"Hyung, this is Sungmin. Yoona noona, she fainted and we're now at the hospital, the doctor said she fainted because of so much fatigue, did something happened?"

--Yoona

His mom deleted the message, threw the phone on the bed and walked out of the room to get her jacket.

Inside Room 108 lies Yoona who is still unconscious. Sunny kept on walking back and forth, dying of worries for her friend. Minutes later, Yoona finally opened her eyes.

"Oppa she's awake." Sunny said.

"Okay, I'll call a doctor." Sungmin ran to get a doctor.

He opened the door and was surprised to see a lady wearing flashy dress and holding a gold colored bag.

"You must be Sungmin, the one who texted my son Kibum?" she gazed at him.

"Uhh yes!" Sungmin bowed.

"Well he's not coming since he's preparing for a party." She looked inside and saw Yoona.

"We'll go now." Sunny pushed Sungmin outside.

As they leave, Mrs. Kim moved closer to Yoona and handed her an envelope. It was a well-design envelope, with ribbons around it. More likely, a wedding invitation.

 

You are Invited to

Tiffany and Kibum's Engagement Party!

Where: Seoul Gardens

When: August 22, 2011

 

Yoona was in the middle of reading it when tears started to fall down to her cheeks.

"You see they are meant for each other, so don't bother anymore." Kibum's mom sarcastically smiled.

Her tears were dropping one by one on the invitation, she wiped it and tried to get a hold of herself.

"It's just 2 days from now, after that 2 days they're gonna be preparing for the wedding." She thought as she looked through the windows.

 

~~~

 

2 days later, the engagement day was set. While everyone was busy preparing for it, Kibum wondered why all of their maids suddenly disappeared. In the end, he decided to go to the kitchen and look for something to eat.

He was munching over the toasted bread when he felt his phone vibrating.

"Kibum-ah please go here at Seoul Gardens at 3 in the afternoon I have a surprise for you."

--Omma

He gulped and left the bread in between his teeth. Kibum then ran upstairs to change his clothes. 

On the other hand, Yoona received the 'go' signal from the doctor. She was then discharged after days of stay.

"Thanks Sunny and Sungmin for accompanying me." She showed them her brighter smile.

Sunny and Sungmin clapped their hands.

"Chukha-hae (Congratulations) for being discharged." Sunny said.

"Sorry that Kibum hyung did not come, at least your future mother-in-law did." Sungmin joked.

"Don't mention him. He's engaged." She said.

"What?! What do you mean Hyung is engaged?" Sungmin shockedly said.

"That playboy, I'm gonna teach him--" Sunny pulled up her sleeves but Yoona stopped her.

Yoona answered them with a smile as she shook her head, telling them to never mind. Instead, her friends accompanied her to her house and let them browse around for a moment.

"Wow unnie, your house is sooooo big!" Sunny said, dreamily.

 

~~~

 

That same night, everything was set. Foods, guests, program, even their special visitor was there, Yoona. Mrs. Kim saw her outside the building so she came and pulled her.

"C'mon follow me." She said holding Yoona's arm, tightly.

Kibum's mom let her sit beside Kibum's cousins and let them talk to her. She knew they were shy and just like Kibum, history-lover. 

Kibum arrived in front of the building first but the doors are closed so he did not enter. Seconds later, Tiffany arrived. They looked awkwardly with each other.

"So, why are we here again?" asked Tiffany.

"I don't know, mom just called me." Kibum answered without looking at her.

"She called? She also called me." Tiffany replied.

Both of them heard people laughing and talking softly from the inside that made them creep. Kibum was about to push the door but Tiffany stopped him.

"Is it a ghost?" she said.

"Let's find out!"

And ta-da! Confettis were thrown to them, cheers were yelled to them and a banner that says "Tiffany and Kibum's Engagement Party" welcomed them.

The two of them were really shocked. Kibum searched for his mom around, and as soon as he found her, he grabbed her hand and took her to a corner.

"Mom, what is this?" he said.

"Well, this is my surprise for you." Mrs. Kim replied to him.

"Mom I did not agree to this." Kibum defended.

"Oh yes, but you're gonna do it because I say so." His mom spoke back.

His mom walked away and accompanied Tiffany to her seat. Stuttered Tiffany, sat at a round table in the middle and has no idea about everything. 

"Auntie, what is this all about?" Tiffany asked Kibum's mother.

"Your engagement party." Kibum's mother replied.

"But--" she tried to reverse the situation but no avail.

"No more buts, you're gonna be my future daughter-in-law so you should be welcomed warmly by our family." Mrs. Kim held her face before leaving.

Kibum and Tiffany were pulled in the middle of the crowd and made them dance with the alive music. Everyone was having fun but not the two, actually, it's three of them who are not enjoying it. Kibum glanced around and saw Yoona sitting on the front table, almost crying.

He did not take his eyes off of her, until she stood up and run. 

"Wait!" Kibum yelled, pushing aside the people in front of him to reach for her.

He ran and ran until he reached the back of the garden, there he pulled her arm.

"Chukha-hae." Yoona secretly wiped her tears then faced Kibum with fake smile.

"Stop that!" Kibum said.

"'Stop what?" Yoona fakely laughed.

"Stop pretending like you don't care." He added.

"Of course I don't care, pabo-yah (stupid)!" she said.

"I LOVE YOU!" the words came out from his mouth casually yet beautifully.

"Stop joking." She said.

"My last wish, I have decided. I wish you'll become a human, and if there's a 4th wish, I hope you'll become mine" he said.

Yoona faced him with teary eyes. 

"You don't have to do that." She shrugged.

"I'm your master, so you should follow what I am saying." Kibum boasted.

"But why--" before Yoona could finish her sentence Kibum pulled her closer and kissed her lips.

Yoona closed her eyes, and felt that time suddenly stopped. When they broke the kiss, Yoona glowed and lighted. 

"What's happening?" Yoona asked as she looks at her own hands.

She glowed and glowed until Kibum could not see her, even her silhouette. When the light disappeared, she laid on the floor and was reborn from being a mythical creature to a human. She is now a human. Kibum took off his jacket and placed it on Yoona who was lying on the floor, unconscious.

 

~~~

 

Yoona opened her eyes and felt like everything happened yesterday was just a dream. She rubbed her eyes and saw Kibum sleeping on the edge of his bed. 

She looked around and confirmed she was in his room. She sat up and looked at his face clearly.

"Oppa?" she weakly said.

Kibum woke up after hearing Yoona's call.

"Oppa, all of your words yesterday, are they true?" she continued.

"Don't speak first you're still weak." Kibum said, with his eyes close.

"Oppa, you really like me?" she whispered.

"Aniyo, I don't like you." Kibum smirked.

Yoona's bright smile dimmed, she bowed her head as she pout her lips.

"I love you." Kibum opened his eyes and moved his face closer to hers, touching her lips using his.

Yoona smiled, she went back to herself and hugged Kibum.

"Me too oppa, I love you too!" she said.

The scene was as happy as it can be, but the dark part of the room is through the door, Kibum's mom was listening to them and she's not happy about it.

"You really are a thickheaded, did I not tell you to let go of my son?" she angrily said.

"Mom, did you invite her yesterday?" Kibum held tight of Yoona's hand.

"Of course, you're gonna do the wedding whether you like it or not" his mom announced.

"I am not doing it mom!" Kibum contrasted. 

As I said, Mrs. Kim's body is not as strong as it can be, so her blood pressure ran wild until it reached it's limit. Kibum's mom fainted 'cause of it.

"Omma, omma, omma!" Kibum said shaking his mom.