Chapter 5

Magic of Love

Kibum's mother couldn't do anything but to shout at the scene. She was so shocked that she couldn't believe that her son would do such thing at 17. Mrs. Kim limitlessly hit her son by his arms that awake him from his deep sleep. "What's this Kim Kibum?!" she was scolding him as well. 

Kibum tried to move his left arm to cover himself from his Mom's rage but it felt heavy from its place, like it's being pinned back by something. However, the moment he looked at it, he realized that it's not 'some thing' that prevents it from moving but rather a 'some one.' Not only because of the noise of the breaking glass and his mom's shout awakened Kibum, but also because of the unexpected happening right before his eyes. 

"Kim Kibum, who is this girl? Huh?!" Kibum's mom heated up more, her eyes filled with burning flames like those in some cartoon animations of angry people.

Kibum never intended to be in this situation, he doesn't even have an idea on what happened last night. But to immediately cover up his obvious crime, Kibum shook his hands while denying to the on the spot raid. Yoona on the other hand, just sat up from her sleep and was surprised to see an angry mother in front of her.

"No Mom, you've mistaken it--" but even before he could finish his words, his mom interrupted him with her rants. "You really! I did not raise you up to be like that. What would you do if Tiffany's parents find out, huh?! You--" Kibum's mom paused and pointed her delicate fingers at Yoona. "--Who are your parents huh?! I want to meet them, you should go home now!" Mrs. Kim yelled more.

Yoona in the midst of everything decided to shut and bow her head, but she was much surprised when his Mom suddenly held him by his ears and pulled him out of his bed. "I will tell this to your father." Kibum's mother threatened him while pulling him out of his room. Yoona just followed behind them when she realized that she's left alone in the room.

Kibum among all, respects his dad the most. He's always afraid of losing his trust so he did all his best to sustain it, and this kind of situation won't cut that string that he's always been holding on to. 

"Omma. Don't. I will bring her back to her house, just don't tell appa about this. I will--I will--" Kibum nervously said, thinking fast to solve the problem. He knew very well that he couldn't avoid it already, that he's already in this situation so he have to admit it instead of denying it. His mom wouldn't even believe him if he does deny it so what more can he do? "You will what?" his mom asked.

"I will break up with her!" 

 

 

It was after the commotion inside his room when Kibum pulled Yoona outside their house. People passing by were looking at the lady genie who was still wearing her white long dress, but Kibum didn't give a care. Instead, he dragged her at the abandoned lot just a block away from their house. 

"Why are you sleeping beside me?" he confronted her as soon as he stopped walking that made the lady in front of him to bow her head and pout her lips at him. "You fainted yesterday. I don't know what to do that's why I brought you to your bed--" the genie tried to explain but Kibum was too pissed that he didn't let her finish. "Then why are you beside me?" he asked more from her.

"Well--I don't know where to sleep, and since you are my master, until your 3 wishes are through I will not be apart from you. Genies need rests too you know!" she added while playing with her soft white fingers. Kibum messed his hair and hissed in an irritated way.

"Aisshh! What should you do huh? My mom misunderstood us, you know that!" the young man held his head with both of his hands and closed his eyes while stomping his feet on the ground. The genie slowly nodded in return and bowed her head, embarassed from what she did.

Kibum's a guy with a long patience, and he knew to himself that he's not a violent guy so to avoid his masculine instinct of being violent, he calmed himself first. Then he went back when his head's cool enough to take more of Yoona's 'genie stuffs.' "You said I am your master. Right?" the 17 year old asked with a sigh.

"Yes."  Yoona replied, her smile returning to her naturally happy face.

"I'm sure there are rules." He asked again, this time with the gestures of his hands in an explaining way.

"You should be wise on making a wish. ONE, I can't make people die or make them alive. TWO, anything you wish I will grant except the first one and THREE, I can't make people fall in love." Kibum glared at her when she suddenly become alive while explaining. Yoona on the other hand just bit her lips and covered it with her palms, apologizing to her master.

After a few silent sighs from Kibum, the lady suddenly bent down and cried. Genies are like humans also, they are easily hurt and can easily laugh. She was sad because she felt like her master's angry of her and so she expressed it. Just like a normal human, she cried, that made her master panic.

"Fine, I wish for-for a-a-a house!" he blurted out without even thinking about it. He was too panicking that he didn't think of it well. Yoona stopped crying and blinked. "Eh?" she said, sniffing.

"I wish for a house." Kibum repeated it coolly. 

"But you already have a house." Yoona tried to stop her sniffing but she failed. So in between her words comes her catching her breath.

"It's not for me," Kibum whined then stopped when he noticed him being immature again, "but for you. Don't wander around here, people might see you." He said after a coughing a few times.

Kibum's very first wish and the genie was really happy. So, without any more delay, the beautiful genie wiped her tears off of her cheeks and started the granting session. Beautifully, she waved her fingers in a magical wizard way and sparkles began to line up above them, and slowly built a house at the abandoned lot behind them.

At first was an outline of starry sparkles the shaped the silhouette of the house that it wanted. Then comes the same light that showed when Yoona first came out from the lamp. And finally, the house that her master wished for appeared right before them. Building a huge material actually takes a lot more time than the small things, so it took the magic a little longer to build it than the time the genie fixed Kibum's eyeglasses in a snap.

"Whoah! Cool!" Kibum looked up at the instant house and grinned, "Unfortunately, you can't make someone fall in love." Then he whispered.

"Who is Tiffany? Your girlfriend?" Yoona asked, curiously while tilting her head to one side with her hands behind her.

"No, she is my childhood bestfriend. My father wanted us to marry after graduation." He explained after shaking his head in disappointment. He always liked the idea, but he wanted it to happen because Tiffany loves him and not because they were arranged to be married.

Still, instead of moping about of it, Kibum just invited the genie to check out his new house. Yoona smiled at the invitation and was about to walk in when somebody came yelling at them. "OPPPPAAAAAA!" it was a voice of a lady who's calling. 

The two of them paused their steps and looked to where the voice was coming. It was Tiffany. Kibum wanted to hide Yoona just like how he hid her the last time but it was too late. Tiffany already ran towards them with a smile on her face. Then she made her way to them in front of the steel gate.

"Oppa, who is she?" Tiffany asked. And just as he was about to tell her his response, Tiffany continued. "Your girlfriend? Yaaaahh why you didn't tell me. Wow your girlfriend is pretty." Tiffany complimented before clinging unto the lady beside him. 

"Thank you, young lady." Yoona thanked sweetly with a soft bow. 

Because of her courtesy, Tiffany giggled more. She found Yoona a fine sophisticated lady. Then she noticed her long flowy dress and smiled. "Come on, let's go in." She said.