Prologue

Magic of Love

This story, just like any fantasy tales, will start with a 'Long time ago.' It was in the year when legends just started to spread, and creatures of different kinds were said to be seen. One of them is a beautiful monster that wanders around the capital of South Korea. They said she was fulfilling wishes of young men in exchange of their own lives. It was the most famous scare in the city towns of Hanyang, the old Seoul.

Time came that villages were ruined, the darkness fell, wars and killings happened, battles of the families struggled. But a light has happened to a small place in an isolated part of Hanyang where people are hopeful, and peace is at hand. 

Villagers have been keeping this wonderful gift that according to their ancestors, their goddess of nature has given them. A lamp. They've been wishing and wishing to this lamp without knowing who or what is in it. She was named 'Genie' for she is special and different.

"Oh I wish for a bottle of wine genie." An old man wished when he found himself stumbled upon the altar where the lamp was lodging. 

"Genie, can I wish for a doll?" A young girl prayed to the lady genie as she held on tight to the coins she earned from her all day of working with her parents. 

"Genie, they said you fulfill wishes, can I wish for more money?" Asked a lady who's tired of living her life likely everyday, all sufferings and problems. 

"Oh dear genie, I wish for love." It's a hopeless romantic who wished, hoping that he'll find love soon.

She's required to do stuffs as the humans wish for it. But even if the creature inside grants material wishes, it cannot grant hopes that could change human nature. It cannot make a human, it cannot kill a human, and it cannot make them fall in love. It's part of her being. She's just a simple girl in the past cursed with beautiful powers.

Her skin is as white as snow, lips as pink as roses, hair is black long and straight. You might think she's Snow White from all those Disney fairytales, but she is Yoona. She is the creature inside the lamp. The one they once called the "Genie." She's the monster the people from the larger cities' been scared of. 

Hence, the people of the small town hid Yoona from the city people, to avoid them from killing her for they thought that she seduces young men to kill and feed herself with their bodies. But the small town people knew the truth, and that is she's not a monster. She's a gift from the heavens, they thought. 

Women envy her for her beauty lasts, men wanted her but she just couldn't love them back, for they only want her for her beauty and power, and not for love. However, if they wanted to be like her, Yoona  never wanted the same. She hated being a genie. She doesn't have freedom, or choice. The lady's tired of doing the same thing for almot hundreds of years already. She would do anything to be like them; living normally, peaceful, and grow her own family. 

"One day I will find the one I love. The one who will free me from this curse. The one who will truly love me for me." She promised to herself even if she's not sure of what her future prepares for her. 

This genie has been dying inside her lamp. She tried to change herself and be like an ordinary human, but she couldn't. The last time she meddled with humanity, she was discovered of being the Genie. Everyone mobbed to get and own her. This almost killed her. Fortunately, she returned to her lamp safely.

It's really in her nature to grant wishes. But there came a time that because of so much frustrations, she tried to ignore the humans' wishes. And because of it also, her lamp was thrown into a long wide river for they couldn't find use of her already. They thought that her powers were gone so they banished her.

Many years had passed and the legend was forgotten. The lamp was said to be missing and nowhere to be found.