Trip to Japan

August Lovers (G-Ye)

It has just been 3 weeks since the ‘fated accident’. Both Jiyong and Sunye were hospitalized for a week in the hospital and the rest of the days they recovered at their respective homes. It has also been three weeks since JiYong and Sunye had the fight(again) in the hospital. However they had learned to accept their best friends’ love relationship.

But on the other hand, JiYong and Sunye’s ‘relationship’ is on the stalemate. Nothing ‘improve’ yet nothing ‘degrade’. TOP and YooBin knew later how JiYong and Sunye’s first meeting was like hence whenever YooBin is with Sunye she would avoid mentioning JiYong’s name and same goes to TOP. Even with the ‘war’ going on between their two friends, they can tell that JiYong and Sunye are always curious to know about each other’s condition.

“Are you sure you have to go?” Why not you wait until you recovered fully?” SoHee asked her brother, JiYong who was packing his bag for his Japan trip.

“No I can’t since I was supposed to go last week for this VIP client meeting” JiYong answered her.

“Then why don’t you ask Joo–unnie to go with you?” SoHee suggested.

“It will be very selfish for me to do so and besides she is in Italy right now visiting her parents.” JiYong said truthfully.

“How I wish I can accompany you but I promise Taeyang-oppa already that I’ll follow him to his family holiday trip to JeJu.” So Hee replied replied.

“Its okay, dongseng. I’m not a kid anymore.” JiYong said while patted SoHee’s head.

~

“Take care of yourself” Chae Yeon said to Sunye.

“Check your ticket and passport already?” Chae Yeon felt like crying to let go Sunye to Japan.

“Unnie, I’m just there to visit my father” Sunye said.

“Yes, I know but it has been a long time since you went to Japan, right? You might not be familiar with the ways anymore” Chae Yeon voicing out her worries.

~

TaeYang and So Hee dropped off JiYong at the airport.

"Ok, bye oppa. Take care. Don't forget to call when you arrive there" SoHee said to her brother.

"JiYong-sshi take good care of yourself. Don't overwork yourself too much." Taeyang advised JiYong.

"Ok, I will you guys. Don't worry" JiYong answered them. Then both Taeyang and SoHee went back making their way to Taeyang's house. JiYong turned and started walking towards the entrance. He saw three women hugging each other but did not take much notice on them as he urgently need to go to the gents.

~

“Take care of Chae Yeon-unnie” Sunye said to her best friend, YooBin.

“Ok, I will. Don’t worry dear. You take care of yourself” Yoobin replied.

As Sunye was making her way inside the departure hall, she saw familiar figure heading to the gents. 'Is it JiYong? It looks like him. Ah, maybe I was just dreaming' Sunye told herself, still didn’t want to admit that she actually missed JiYong.

Sunye went to get some refreshment before checking herself in. She was greeted by the beautiful stewardess. When she got into the plane she took out her plane ticket and began searching for her assigned seats.

“Excuse me sir, that seat is mine” Sunye said to the person who was wearing a beanie and sunglasses while listening to his ipod. ‘Clearly he couldn’t listen’ Sunye said to herself and reach for the guy’s headphone.

“Excuse me sir, I said this seat is mine” Sunye said to the guy while taking away the head phone on his head.

JiYong was shocked when someone suddenly took away his headphone. He looked up and saw that it was the girl, Sunye again!

“You, again? What are you doing here?” JiYong said.

Sunye too was shocked to see JiYong again.

“I live here! Pabo, of course not. I’m going to Japan to visit my father. Now can you please give my seat back” Sunye said to JiYong sarcastically.

“No, I won't since I got here first!” JiYong said.

“Whether you get here first or not it is none of my business. This is not just some seat where you can sit randomly.” Sunye said angrily.

She then grabbed JiYong with all her might and pushed him over to the other seat.

“Hey!” was the only thing that JiYong able to yell out. He was amazed by Sunye’s strength.

“When I’m in the plane, I will only seat by the window.” Sunye said after settling herself.

“Me too but I guess I booked my ticket late that I am not able to request a seat by the window” JiYong said, astonished by the fact and sounded a little bit disappointed.

Sunye looked at his face and somehow her expression smooth out. She realized that he looks cute when he pout.

“Is there something on my face?” JiYong said when he noticed Sunye has been eyeing him from just now.

“Nope, just that you look like someone I knew from long time ago. Or maybe I have mistaken you for someone else.” Sunye answered him and turned her attention back, outside the small window.

Both of them were quiet for a good thirty minutes. They did not know what to talk since they knew if any of them opens the mouth, they will always end up ‘fighting’. Secretly both of them does not want that to happen yet at the same time both wanted to talk with each other badly.

“Erm….” Sunye and Jiyong said at the same time, looking at each other. Then both looked away almost blushing when discovered.

Both of them ‘waited’ for few seconds more before Sunye broke the silence, “Can you make way, I need to go to the ladies.”

“Oh sure” JiYong said and quickly get up to give way for Sunye.

Sunye stood up and all of a sudden the plane swayed to the right which made her dropped backwards while JiYong went forward towards her.

“BAM!” JiYong’s body landed on top of her and his lips touched hers.

Both JiYong and Sunye’s eyes were widen in astonishment.

“Excuse me sir, ma’am, are you two ok?” A stewardess said who was passing by checking the passengers.

“Yeah, we are fine” JiYong said as he helped the blushing Sunye to get up and sit at her place properly.

Sunye and JiYong avoided each other, mainly because they were ‘embarrassed’ by the kiss just now. While their heads were spinning to find ways to start a conversation with each other, the plane has arrived at its destination.

Still, they did not talk to each other all the way to the arrival hall. Both of them were standing close to each other while waiting for their bags. All the anger and bickering somehow got replaced with ‘quietness’ because of the ‘kiss’ earlier. Strangely, they felt happy that way. They seem relaxed with each other now even though they did not speak a word with each other.

JiYong got hold of his luggage but he still waited for Sunye to get hers even though she did not request him to stay. All the other passengers took their luggage but still there was no sign of Sunye’s.

“Where is my luggage? Don’t tell me that they lost it?” Sunye said, starting to feel panicked.

“Its ok, calm down. I help you to search for it.” JiYong volunteered.

Both of them went to the counter and after explaining the situation it was discovered that due to some technical error,Sunye’s bag is on another plane which will be arrived any moment.

JiYong waited with Sunye and slowly they started to chat with each other. Sunye’s bag ‘arrived’ and after checking that it is hers, both JiYong and Sunye walked outside to take the cab.

“Serious? The design that you made at the hospital? The one I threw the juice at?” Sunye said, laughing.

“Yeah, it is. Well of course I did not give the client the one with the juice splash. I redraw a new one and they liked the design so I’m here to meet the client.” JiYong said to her.

Both of them started to enjoy each others company while making their way to the taxi stand when suddenly a man approached Sunye.



*~*~*