First Love

August Lovers (G-Ye)

The next morning when Jiyong wake up, he found Sunye was not with him. He was panicked and went outside to look for her. Jiyong saw Sunye lying on the beach with, appreciating the sun that compliments her body. Jiyong walk towards Sunye who was clearly sun bathing. She didn’t realize that Jiyong was walking towards her as she had a hat covering her face.

“Morning…” Jiyong said as he took the hat off Sunye’s face and lie down beside her on the white beach.

“Morning oppa..” Sunye replied with a smile that never fails to melt Jiyong’s heart. Jiyong give Sunye a light kiss on her forehead which makes her smile grew wider.

“You shouldn’t wear bikini and lying on the beach here alone…” Jiyong said protectively.

“You were sleeping oppa and I don’t want to wake you up besides you said yourself yesterday that no one ever comes here and the weather is so good today that it is wasted if I don’t go for sun bathing” Sunye reasoned out.

“Yeah okay, I know that. What I mean is that if you want to go on sun bathing next time, just wake me up. I don’t want you to go alone especially at the times like this. I got so worried, I thought your father kidnap you or something.” Jiyong said, looking at Sunye with his serious eyes.

“Ok, sorry oppa if I make you worry.”Sunye said as she rises up to kiss Jiyong on his lips. He returned the kiss happily and pull Sunye closer to him before deepened the kiss.

They released the kiss as Jiyong brought Sunye over by his side and he lay on top of her. Sunye laughed as Jiyong rested his head on her chest. “Do you know this is the best place in the whole world for me, to be with you..” Jiyong said lovingly as he closed his eyes.

Sunye smiled at his comment as she took something out of her pocket. It was a picture of her when she was celebrating her 4th birthday party at her old kindergarten.

“What are you looking at, baby?” Jiyong asked as he noticed Sunye was busy looking at the photograph.

“Nothing, just a picture of me and my first love….”Sunye said but before she could even finish her sentence Jiyong grabbed the picture from her. He didn’t say anything at all while looking at the picture. Sunye was trying to figure out what Jiyong was thinking as she could not bear to be in silence while she is with him.

“Oppa~, I was just playing around. Don’t take it too serious. It just a crush when I was small. I don’t know where is the boy now because he moved out of the kindergarten the very next day…”Sunye explained.

“Yeah, because the boy went to Korea and didn’t have the chance to say goodbye to the girl..”Jiyong said.

“Well, I don’t know where he went….wait what did you say, oppa?” Sunye asked, stopping herself from talking as she tried to comprehend what Jiyong has been telling her.

Jiyong looked at her mischievously and said,”Im your first love, dear…” Sunye took the photo from him and try to compare the boy in the picture with Jiyong in front of her. She couldn’t believe herself that it is indeed Jiyong due to the similarities.

“How come I didn’t realize it..No wonder I feel that I knew you before and you does look the same with the boy in the picture…”Sunye finally said her point of view.

“Nope, I don’t look similar with the boy. I am the boy, Sunye! It just shows that destiny wanted us to be together in the end. To meet you again is like our reunion. Do you still remember the kiss we shared when we were little?” Jiyong asked her as he reminisced the memory himself.

Sunye laughed and said,”Yeah, you stole my first kiss without warning” She playfully pushed Jiyong away from her. But Jiyong was quick to hold on her and he bring her closer to him. Their faces were just inches away as their noses touched.

“Well of course your first and last kiss will always belong to me..” Jiyong trailed off as his lips captured hers.

They were still playing by the beach and only when the sun is going down that they got back to their abandon house – both Jiyong and Sunye knew that they need a place to settle down since they are already married, theoretically.

“I think we should live in Hokkaido. My mom and I used to live in that place while we were on the run. She has a best friend who stayed there. I think they still live there.” JiYong was looking at her while she said this. He was actually looking at her lips. As soon as she finished saying, JiYong kissed her. Though Sunye was surprised she kissed him back.

“Whatever you say, my queen.” JiYong said as he hold Sunye tighter. Sunye looked at him and give him a soft peck before she slowly releases his hand grip. She stood up and walked outside.

“Hey where are you going without me?” Jiyong asked her as he followed her and hugged her back into his arm.

“I just need to go out and make a phone call, dear.” Sunye answered him.

“I follow you then since its dangerous for you to go alone now that its almost dark.”Jiyong said.

Sunye just laughed at him, truthfully both of them knew that Sunye has ‘gone through hell’ before besides the fact that she is a good fighter herself, thanks to her family’s background.

Hand in hand they went to the telephone booth nearby. JiYong was still eyeing his soon-to-be-wife while she was on the phone talking to her mother’s friend. JiYong was awed by her Japanese language. He couldn’t help but stare at her. Truthfully, he still couldn’t believe that he is able to marry the girl that he had a crush when he was little.

Once the call ended, Jiyong hold Sunye's hand suddenly and said, “You know what, I almost forget the most important thing…” Sunye was dumbfounded by what Jiyong meant as he took out something from his pocket – it was a box.

None of them spoke anything while Jiyong opened the box and took out something shining out of it. The diamond ring lit up the night sky as if there is another star on earth. In silence, Jiyong slipped the diamond ring on Sunye’s third finger, where it will stay there forever.

~

The next morning, JiYong and Sunye prepare themselves to head to Hokkaido. They plan to travel by bus and train once they are on the mainland.

“What are you looking at?” Sunye asked as she noticed JiYong was looking at other people on the train. The couple he was looking at was holding a baby.

“No, I was just thinking when can we have a baby like them.” Sunye didn’t answer but she smiled as she turned her attention back to the book she was reading.

~

They arrived in Hokkaido after about two days travelling through many means of transport. Both couple were greeted by the aunt. She was actually Korean but has been living in Hokkaido ever since she was small.

“Oh, Sunye so nice to see you back. So is this the guy you are talking about on the phone?” The aunt said as she take a good look on Jiyong. Awkwardly, Jiyong smiled at her.

“Umma, look at SeungRi. He cant leave me alone!”A thin figure lady came into the house with a boy followed her close behind.

“Sunmi, did you remember Sunye-unnie? You used to play together when you were small.” The aunt said,ignoring what the girl said to her earlier.

“Oh my, is this Sunye-unnie? I’m Sunmi! Unnie remember?” Sunmi now shouted happily up and down while holding Sunye’s hand. The boy that Sunye believed must be SeungRi also followed what Sunmi did, jumping up and down.

“Yeah, I remember you, Sunmi. By the way, Sunmi this is Jiyong, my fiance. Jiyong this is Sunmi, kind of my dongseng.” Sunye said as she introduced both of them. Jiyong and Sunmi exchanged friendly handshakes and Sunmi introduced the boy, SeungRi to both Sunye and Jiyong.

The four couple quickly build up a good relationship with each other. SeungRi was awed by Jiyong’s profession and the two never stopped talk about cars as Jiyong teach SeungRi to design cars. A week later, with the help of Sunye’s kind aunt, JiYong and Sunye had their simple wedding in a small church nearby. Their wedding was attended by the aunt, Sunmi, the aunt’s daughter and her boyfriend, SeungRi.

“You may kiss the bride.” The priest said which marked that JiYong and Sunye are now husband and wife legally. Both of them later settle down in a small apartment owned by the Aunt. It was the house Sunye used to live with her mother before. Recalling the memories, she had with her mother was still around. Unknowingly, tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Why are you crying, baby?” JiYong asked as he saw his wife crying.

“Nothing dear, I’m just happy” JiYong knew that it isn’t the truth as he can tell that Sunye is hiding something from him.

“You missed your mum is it?” JiYong questioned her further. Sunye nodded silently.

“Now that you are with me, I don’t want you to be sad anymore because you are so precious to me, ok baby?” JiYong said as he wiped the tears that were flowing down her cheeks.

No matter what happen in the future, the newly wedded husband and wife now have each other’s support and knew that they can rely on each other for the rest of their lives.



*~*~*