In the hospital

August Lovers (G-Ye)

About 6 men in black suit and black sunglasses came to Sunye’s room. Then an old man dressed differently from them holding a stick approached Sunye. She knew this man very well and she last saw him about 8 years ago on the day of her mother’s funeral. He was the right hand man of her father, a well-known Japanese Yakuza. This must be really important because Mr Yamaguchi, the name of the guy fly over to Korea from Japan to see her. Sunye knew that he came not because she is in an accident but because there is a ‘mission’ that he needs to accomplish.

“How are you, Sunye?” Mr Yamaguchi greeted Sunye in Korean. He really deserves to be my father’s right hand man due to his wide knowledge and ability to speak several languages. Sunye just gave him a faint smile while she adjusted herself properly on the bed.

By then, her aunty, Chae Yeon woke up from her sleep. She was kind of shocked to see there were ‘visitors’ squeezing in the small room.

“How are you, Chae Yeon?” Mr Yamaguchi turned to greet Chae Yeon.

“I’m fine, thank you. Didn’t know that you will get here this fast.” Chae Yeon said which makes Sunye raise her eyebrows towards her.

‘Did my aunt told them to come here?’ Sunye felt confused and half-betrayed at the same time. All this while, she wanted to break all ties with her father, everything about him or anything that reminded her about him, she just wanted to put the past behind her.

“Sunye, I’ll be right back. Need to get some refreshment at the canteen. You want anything, dear?” Chae Yeon said to Sunye while patting her niece's head. Sunye shook her head and she wanted to ask further about Mr Yamaguchi’s presence but she held back. Might as well ask Mr Yamaguchi straight out. Sunye thought.

Chae Yeon then left the room leaving her with Mr Yamaguchi.

“All of you can wait outside now. I will like to have some time with Ms Sunye alone” Mr Yamaguchi instructed the ‘black suits men’ and they quietly followed the orders.

“Now, Sunye let me just get straight to the point cuz I believed you also want to know the reason I am here.” Mr Yamaguchi said while Sunye just swallowed her saliva waiting to hear what is the reason.

~

In JiYong’s room, a doctor is checking his condition while his sister and her boyfriend, Taeyang, watched by the side. Before leaving the room, the doctor explained JiYong’s situation and told him that he needs at least 2 more weeks to stay in the hospital. Later, came in Joo and TOP who went to the hospital canteen to get some refreshment.

“Oppa, how do you feel? Do you remember anything?” Joo asked JiYong.

JiYong shook his head. He vaguely remember about the accident, what he remember was that he threw himself out of the car when another car was about to collide with his car.

TOP interrupted and said, “Luckily, the lady who got into the accident with you is also safe”

The others then started to tease TOP that actually he was ‘worried’ about the lady’s best friend, who he met that night of accident.

TOP playfully said, “I think it is fate that I met YooBin, you know. If you met her back then, she was such a hot-temper lady but who can resist my charm?” TOP said proudly since he is now in ‘friendly’ term with YooBin.

But JiYong ignored their conversations, he is much more interested to know about the lady who got involved with him in the accident.

“A lady? A lady was hurt in the accident? Is she fine?” JiYong asked the others as he could not recall anything about the other party who got involved in the accident. She must be quite a lady to drive like that. JiYong said quietly while recalling the night before.

The others assured him that she is fine and later So Hee showed JiYong a video of their parents who couldn’t visit JiYong as they were stuck in New York’s airport due to bad weather.

“‘Thanks guys for coming, all of you should be going back right now. Have a good rest. I’ll be fine by myself.” JiYong told them as he could see that they are all tired.

“I’ll accompany you here, then” Joo volunteered.

“Its, okay. I’ll be fine. Besides there are nurse here to take care of me.” JiYong said to Joo while the others just stood there listening to their conversation.

“Since you insist, I’ll get going.” Joo said and tried to give a soft peck to JiYong but he seems uncomfortable with the light kiss. Luckily, Joo didn’t realize it.

“Ok, bye oppa. See you tomorrow” SoHee said while she linked arm with Joo, exiting the room together. Taeyang seems to want to talk personally with JiYong and so TOP left the room as well to let them have their own conversation.

“I couldn’t help but remember about what you say the night before. Are you in love with someone else? The person is not Joo, is it?” Taeyang asked him straight as he wanted the real answer from his long-lost friend.

“Well, I am not sure myself whether I am in love with that girl or not but with Joo, besides being her childhood friend, I don’t really have special feelings for her.” JiYong said truthfully.

“I know that but you better make it clear to Joo sooner or later. Don’t wait till it is too late.” Taeyang advised his friend.

“Its ok, I don’t think I’ll be able to meet the lady again besides every time we meet it always spell bad luck for both of us.” JiYong told Taeyang and both of them laughed.

“Ok friend, whatever you say. Just take good care of yourself. See you tomorrow.” Taeyang gave Jiyong a hug before leaving the room.

JiYong’s mind wander of about Sunye. How he wished Sunye was there to ‘fight’ with him.

~

Around the same time, in Sunye’s room, Mr Yamaguchi took his leave and wished Sunye well. He reminded her to visit her ill father as soon as possible.

“My father is sick?” Sunye asked her aunt, Chae Yeon as she come back moments later. Chae Yeon who knew everything, felt guilty and told Sunye her share of story. Sunye found out that her father has been trying to contact her ever since he grew ill few years back. Not until recently that they manage to get hold of Chae Yeon and Sunye’s whereabouts.

“Thanks aunt. I’m not angry at you” Sunye comforted her aunt after she saw that Chae Yeon-unnie felt so guilty for informing his father’s men.

“Oh, by the way unnie, I heard the man who got into the accident with me is also in the hospital?”



*~*~*