Part 9

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Two months had passed. It was morning, Baekhyun and Eunji had breakfast together. Eunji had cooked foods. There’s no meat in their simple breakfast menu but it didn’t matter as long as they ate healthy food. Money had to be saved.

Baekhyun worked day and night. Breakfast was became his priceless moment because he always had lunch and dinner outside. He liked Eunji’s cooking even though it salty, too spicy and burning sometimes. She just improved her cooking ability.

He gained friends and fans from place he worked. Mr. Kim once said that the café became crowded because his appearance. He was really happy. Any song he sang successfully lightened atmosphere and situation. He loved his job and left his bad habit however sometimes he bought beer and got drunk secretly. It just when he missed it so bad.

“Eunji-ah”

“Nae?” she glanced still busy eating.

“You just stay in the house every day. It’s so boring, isn’t it?” he put down his chopsticks chewing for the last and she nodded. She was undone with her food yet.

“You want to go out?” she nodded again.

“Let’s go out tonight” he excitedly said.

She choked her food by his last words. She quickly grabbed glass then filled it with mineral water. Drinking would really helping.

“You just asked me out huh?” she still startled. He nodded and looked at her with what’s-wrong expression.

“Going out together in the night sounds like da…” she paused, gulping.

“Da what? I need your accompany to grocery” he said.

“Ah. Forget it” she smiled sheepishly “Okay. I think it is sound interesting”

How could she think that he asked her out for dating? She looked at the other direction hiding her blushing cheeks. She started acting weird these days.

 

*****

 

Finally Eunji wore her own clothes. Baekhyun had bought for her and she didn’t need to share clothes with him anymore. However now her clothes weren’t expensive and various like hers before, she still liked them and thanked him so much.

She quickly put on a cap on her head as she heard Baekhyun’s nagging outside. He had promised to fetch her at 8 PM. His kind-hearted boss had given him off for tonight. He waited for her in his car. He felt relieved as he saw she ran in hurry towards his car.

“What took you so long?” he asked as she sat on passenger seat.

“Yah. It’s less than 10 minutes” she rolled her eyes while bucking the seatbelt.

“Look what you wear. I think it’s not complicated as carnival clothing” he eyed her top to toe.

How impatience” she grumbled with herself “Aigoo. I’m really sorry Mr. Byun. Let’s go before midnight” she eye smiled.

He stepped on the gas, leaving the yard immediately. There’s no traffic jam so their way was flawless. Eunji seemed happy. Her eyes kept watching outside while her ears were listening to the radio. It wasn’t comfortable in his old car but at least the radio still could be operated. She could see the grocery wasn’t far from them. They were almost there. Surprisingly he kept driving.

“Did you see the grocery behind us?” she turned around pointing the grocery they had passed.

“I did”

“So why do you keep driving? It is the nearest, isn’t it?”

“I need the bigger one”

“Aish. Sounds you have a lot of money”

Unknowingly he wanted to spend more time with her. Their moment would end soon if he went to the past grocery. He hoped tonight would be special since he got barely off.

 

*****

 

It was midnight and they had done with groceries. There were many bags filled the car. Eunji stretched her muscles and later she earned a yawn. She felt tired after walked around in the big grocery. She thought Baekhyun was picky. They almost spent half hour just to buy orange. He did everything on purpose to extend time.

“Are you sleepy?” he asked while driving.

“Of course” she yawned again.

“I’ll buy coffee. There is famous coffee shop around here”

He parked his car near the coffee shop. He asked for her order because he wanted to buy by himself. He told her to stay and take a rest in the car. With grin he passed the coffee shop’s door. There was long queue. He had to wait patiently until came his turn. Cappucino for him and moccacino for her. On his way out he bumped into someone, luckily, the coffees didn't spill.

“Oppa. Long time no see” Jiyeon said.

“You?” he became gloomy.

“You are so handsome oppa” she whispered “Oops. Your girlfriend will angry if she knows another girl say such this thing to her beloved boyfriend”

“I gotta go” he released her grip.

“Why you abandoned me so fast after your confession?” she sighed “She’s very lucky. You seem love her but I doubt about her. You must see what she’s doing outside”

He was surprised, leaving her as quick as possible to know what's going on.He frozen watching Eunji standing near his car. She wasn’t alone. There was a tall and handsome guy with her. He was Chanyeol. They were talking. Eunji smiled so often seemed they had very interesting thing to be talked. He felt more pain in his heart when he saw Chanyeol hugged her. It was long hug and it must be warm. Chanyeol seemed bid goodbye because he already waved his hand. Smiles never faded from their faces until Chanyeol walked away with hesitation.

“Aaaah. This is the best moccacino. Thank you very much Baekhyun-ah” Eunji smiled widely.

She looked so bright. No more sleepy. Meanwhile Baekhyun just responded with nod. He wasn’t talkactive and excited as before. He was in heartache. He didn’t even ask what she did with Chanyeol and how could they meet. He was too afraid to know what was happened between them. He went straight to bed as they arrived at home. She didn’t give any question because she thought it was normal, he must be very tired.

 

*****

 

Eunji dialed Baekhyun many times but he didn’t answer. She was worried. It was late night and he hadn’t arrived yet. She waited for him while watching TV, hoping there’s nothing bad was happened with him.

Baekhyun entered the club. He decided to go there after done his work, looking something fun to heal his ache. He approached Kris, his friend, who sat alone on the corner. He was being accompanied with two bottles of beer and a shot glass.

“Hey Kris. How are you?” Baekhyun greeted while tapping Kris’s shoulder.

Baekhyun’s greeting only earned Kris’s confused expression. Baekhyun couldn’t be recognized again.

“Kris. This is me, Baekhyun” Baekhyun put off the glasses and messed his hair.

“Woah. You look different” Kris widened his eyes then gave Baekhyun big hug. He really missed his friend.

“Sit down. Where have you been?” Kris asked.

“It’s very long story. I’ll tell you after ordered more beers. Let’s have fun tonight. My treat” Baekhyun smiled.

Eunji fell asleep but noises from TV woke her up. She checked her phone as soon as she woke up. Pouting, there was no any message or call from Baekhyun. She was very sleepy but she had to wait for him. She decided to dial him again. Smile formed from her lips as her call finally was answered.

“What’s happen? Where are you? Will you go home?” she bombarded him with questions.

“Good night”

“Who are you? Where is Baekhyun?” Eunji heard female voice from the line.

“He is in the right hand”

“Ji…Jiyeon? Is it you?” Eunji asked.

“How could you recognize me? But I really appreciate it” Jiyeon giggled “Don’t bother us. We have so much fun time together”

Soon the line was disconnected.

 

*****

 

Eunji just slept few hours ago but knocks on the door really bothered her. She grumbled on her way to door. She peeped through the window before opened the door. There was Baekhyun. She shook the handle then pulled it slightly. He was very messy and his eyes were half opened. He passed her. No word was said and his shoulder hit hers. She turned around on her slippers with annoyed face. But she turned around again as she saw he was half .

“Omo” she bit her lower lips.

He threw his clothes on the bed and changed into casual.

“Have you done?” she asked still in earlier position.

“Hmmm”

“You had fun all night long huh?” she asked while crossing her arms.

“I met my friends” he simply replied.

And your ex” she said to herself.

“Oh” she nodded then left him to the kitchen.

Sitting on the chair, she sipped a glass of mineral water to wet her dry throat. She didn’t want to interrogate him. She would let him to do anything he wanted. She had no right to control him and to know his personal life further. What she was to him?

He buried his face on both palms. He hoped she would mad at him. If she was mad, it meant she cared about him and his goodness. He walked following her to the kitchen. Watching she stiffened on the chair.

“Are you hungry? I’ll cook breakfast” she opened the fridge hurriedly as she realized he was in the kitchen.

“Do you like someone?” he asked.

Why did he ask such that thing?” she didn’t move an inch from her position in front of opened refrigerator.

She hesitated to answer but she followed her heart and gave answer from his weird and sudden question.

“I think I start to like someone” she didn’t even look at him.

His heart sank by her answer. They were completely misunderstanding.


Another update again. I hope you like this chapter. I will type as much chapter as I can before my busy schedules come. I will choose right time to post it.

Thank you so much for your priceless appreciates  ^^

I'm afraid it's getting lame and boring ><