Part 3

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Eunji moved sitting beside Baekhyun who was still lying on the floor. She fixed her clothes while clearing awkwardly.

“I'll go outside. Whatever happens, stay in the home” Baekhyun wakled out leaving Eunji dumbfounded.

Baekhyun kept smiling and scratching his head when walked outside. His feeling became jumbled. He almost went crazy remembering what just happened. Eunji was still sitting on the floor. almost hit the ground and her eyes blinked many times. She couldn't believe what just happened.

“What took you so long, Byun Baekhyun?” a man with black glasses spoke when saw Baekhyun emerged from behind the door.

 “Of course he don't have the courage to meet us” man with tattoo on his right hand smirked.

Baekhyun just shook his head while smiling. He walked closer to two of them.

“Long times no see, Jung Daehyun” Baekhyun looked at Daehyun, a man with black glasses. “…Yoo Youngjae” Baekhyun looked to another direction, to a man with tattoo on his right hand named Youngjae.

“Unnecessary niceties” Daehyun replied. “You must be very busy lately, busy looking for a place to hide” Daehyun said making himself and Youngjae laughed.

“He's definitely hiding in his mother's house a few days ago. Oops… I forget that he has no mother” they laughed even louder.

Baekhyun only clenched his fist trying to control his temper. He ran away a few days ago because he wanted to protect Eunji. He did not want them to find her in his house.

“When are you going to pay your debts?” Youngjae asked pulling Baekhyun's collar roughly.

“Don't worry. I'll pay as soon as possible” Baekhyun smirked getting rid of Youngjae's hands from his collar.

“How can I believe in unemployment boy's words?” Daehyun crossed his arms. “Or…” Daehyun punched Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun fell on the ground. Daehyun pulled Baekhyun's collar then punched Baekhyun many times. Then Youngjae replaced Daehyun. He kicked Baekhyun on his stomach, back, and foot. Baekhyun grinned holding pain on his whole body.

“Is that hurt? Tch… Come to the club tonight, if you win, you just have to pay half of your debt. But if you lose, don't think you will see the morning sun again” Daehyun walked to his car leaving Baekhyun.

“Torture you until you die, see you dying, it will be so fun” Youngjae smiled evilly kicking Baekhyun for the last time before went following Daehyun.

Baekhyun was still lying on the ground. His wet clothes now were full of blood stain. He wiped blood on the edge of his lips.

“Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?” Eunji shook Baekhyun’s body anxiously.

“What's actually happen? Who are they? Sorry for not being able to help you, you told me to stay in home previously” Eunji hold Baekhyun's hand.

“It's okay Eunji-ah. I’m fine. Please help me to get in the house” Baekhyun said while coughing for several times.

 “Ah…okay okay” Eunji helped Baekhyun to get up.

Eunji helped Baekhyun to walk. She put her right hand around his shoulder so Baekhyun didn't fall. It was difficult for her because her knees were still injured. After few minutes they reached the house. Eunji helped Baekhyun to sit on the couch. She walked to the kitchen. She held towel and a bowl of cold water then sat beside Baekhyun.

Eunji gently pressed a towel that has been moistened with cold water onto his face. Baekhyun bit his lower lip when the towel touched his bruises face.

“Please be carefully and slowly” Baekhyun said.

“Aish… Why're you make fun of me when I was whining in pain last night? You even do the same thing now” Eunji pressed the towel harder making Baekhyun to scream.

“Yah… I know, I know, please don't take revenge at a time like this” Baekhyun covered his face.

“Okay okay, please face me now, how can I do if you keep covering your face?” Eunji said.

Baekhyun slowly put his hands down. He showed her his puppy eyes begging her to cancel the revenge.

“Come closer” Eunji held his chin and he leaned closer.

When their eyes met, they remembered the incident when they almost kissing. Eunji slapped Baekhyun's cheek. She did it unconsciously. After that Eunji blinked and gulped.

“Yah… What are you doing? It's really hurt” Baekhyun said rubbing his cheek.

“I'm sorry” Eunji finally spoke.  

Eunji really wanted to talk about that incident but she didn't want to start it first. It was so embarrassing for her. On the other hand Baekhyun didn't say anything. He pretended to forget about it and kept grinning in pain. He was afraid because Eunji absolutely would mad at him.

“Did they come to collect your debt?” Eunji asked to break the awkward atmosphere.

“Yes, they did. But they offered me to play a game with them tonight. If I win, I just have to pay half of my debt” Baekhyun explained.

“And if you lose?” Eunji was curious.

“Of course they'll kill me” Baekhyun said.

“What??? Kill you???” Eunji's eyeballs almost jumped out.

“Yah…Your expression is so scary” Baekhyun stated.

“It's mean your life is only one day left? With whom I will live later?” Eunji started whining.

“Yah… How could you say that? I'll win, you can count on me” Baekhyun smirked.

“But they look pretty smart in gambling moreover they look so hot” Eunji acted like fangirl.

“If you like them, so live with them” Baekhyun was angry leaving Eunji dumbfounded.

“Baekhyun-ah, are you mad?” Eunji bit her lower lip and scratched her head.

 

Eunji's fangirling :')

 

*****

 

Eunji looked at Baekhyun who was ready to go. Baekhyun didn't say anything after Eunji's statement earlier. Eunji was feeling guilty. She tried to talk with him, but he kept ignoring her. Eunji knew Baekhyun wasn't in a joke. He was seriously mad at her. Baekhyun opened the door.

“Baekhyun-ah” Eunji called his name before he walked out.

“What now?” Baekhyun turned around with annoyed face.

“Good luck” Eunji kissed Baekhyun's cheek.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what just happened. But he wanted to keep his image, he acted cold in front of her.

“Yah… You just will make me late, they will be furious” Baekhyun hid his blushing face then walked out.

“I'll wait for you” Eunji shouted from the house when Baekhyun reached the front yard.

Baekhyun only giggled. Got Eunji's kiss on his cheek was like winning a lottery. It's like a vitamin too. But he felt worry too because his fate was determined tonight. He took a deep sigh as he got in his car.

 

*****

 

It was 4 o’clock in the morning. Eunji was still waiting for Baekhyun. Her feeling was full with anxiety. She paced for a long time and ended up on the couch as she felt frustrating.

“Baekhyun-ah, where are you now?” Eunji mumbled to herself.

It was possible if tonight he suffered defeat and had to end his life, this negative thought kept appearing in her mind. But the negative thought soon disappeared as she heard car's sound outside. She jumped in happiness then rushed to open the door. The door revealed Baekhyun who was smiling widely like an idiot.

“You’re still waiting for me? I thought you were hugging bolster and peacefully in your dreamland” Baekhyun said as he flicked Eunji's forehead.

“How could I do that when your life was in danger?” Eunji rubbed her forehead then walked following him.

“By the way, how could you defeat them?” Eunji asked.

“Do you want to say that they're pretty smart in gambling and they're hot again?” Baekhyun raised his voice.

“Nonono, please tell me?” Eunji begged in her puppy eyes.

“You don't know anything about gambling, it will be useless. Ah... I have something for you” Baekhyun patted the bag.

“Is that tteokbokki?” Eunji snatched the bag and rushed to open it.

“It's all beer?” Eunji's jaws dropped.

“Yes. It's impossible for me to find tteokbokki in the club so I bought you this. It's better than don't bring anything, right?” Baekhyun smiled.

“But I can’t drink this. I just drank once when in high school and I'm not a good drinker” she confessed.

“So try again” Baekhyun took glasses from kitchen and gave one to her.

“Ah… fine” she poured the beer to her glass and drank it hesitantly.

“Weeek… The taste is awful” she stuck out her tongue and shook her head slightly.

“I you wanna the awful taste gone, you have to drink it continuously” Baekhyun suggested.

After 20 minutes…

“Baekhyun-ah, give me one more glass” Eunji hiccupped leaning on the couch. She was absolutely drunk with eyes weren't fully open.

“It’s enough Eunji-ah. You’re already drunk” Baekhyun who wasn't drunk, told her.

“Mom, what have you done to me? How could you do that to me?” suddenly Eunji mumbled but Baekhyun could hear her words clearly.

“Mom? Eunji-ah, why did you run away from your wedding?” it was the only question that Baekhyun had after heard Eunji mentioned ‘mom’.

“Because I didn't like my mom's arranged marriage. I'm never like it” Eunji said, her expression became sad.

“Why did your mom do it?” it's like an opportunity for Baekhyun to know about Eunji's past life because she might keep it as secret when she was conscious.

“She's my stepmother actually. Everything happened after my deal with my mom. My mom gave me two choices after my dad passed away. The first was I had to take business majors in college, but I could marry any guy I want. And the second was I could take any majors I want, but my mom would pick my future husband. And guess which one I chose?” Eunji said.

“The second choice” Baekhyun said as he kept staring her.

“Exactly” she snapped her fingers.

“It was the most difficult choice in my life. But I loved drawing Baekhyun-ah, I loved drawing so much till I chose the second choice. I really wanna be artist. I couldn't change my ideal that I had since childhood, since my mom praised my drawing when I drew my mom on my math book. But she left me too fast. She left me with people that didn't know me so well” tears started flowing from her eyes.

“And one day a woman came to be the new mother figure to me. It felt very hard to accept her presence because she was very different from the mother that I had before. Her decisions and commands must be obeyed and my dad turned into like that. And since that I felt like lost my dad too” Eunji sobbed.

“Just because she didn't want to become poor, she gave me difficult choice. I was tired of living like that and decided to run away. Her arranged marriage couldn't be tolerated anymore. I don't care if my dad's company bankrupt because of there's no the heir. I'm not afraid to become poor and live in a simple house as long as I still can be happy. I miss my real mom, I miss her so much” she wiped her tears then sipped the beer that left in her glass.

Baekhyun put his arm around her shoulder to comfort her. He was really touched by her story.

“It's okay Eunji-ah. Calm down” he patted Eunji's shoulder.

Eunji was still sobbing in Baekhyun's warm embrace. It happened for quite long till she fell asleep on his lap. Baekhyun tucked Eunji's hair behind her ear then gave her soft kiss on her pinkish cheek.


Sorry for late update. I almost have no time to update this story because my lecture tasks are so terrible,confusing, and tiring (but it's okay since I love drawing^^). I took time to streaming MAMA 2013 on my break time last night and I got inspiration for this story. The show was awesome and I thought Eunji eonni was the cameraman's bias. By the way, EXO and APink, congratulation for winning the awards. And I'm more proud of Eunji eonni, because she won best performance award on Daejeon Drama Festival. Thank you readers, you're the greatest gifts from God. Please comment this story because your comment is my inspiration too. Sorry for grammar errors ><

Eunji's singing along with her hubby

Baekhyun was so ewwww