Part 13

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

“Baekhyun, where are you? Why do you leave me behind?” Eunji whined, pulling up her hood, worrying if it blown by wind again. Her sore feet couldn't bring her to look for him any further, so she would stay at that spot, hoping he would come back to her soon. She tapped her foot on ground slowly couple times since she couldn't stomp to express her anger.

Just then, she heard footsteps behind her. That grew louder and nearer. Imagining Baekhyun shocked her from behind and brought a lot of foods made her smiling and getting rid of her anger. She stayed still. But her eyes widened as someone placed handkerchief on her nose. She struggled but she felt getting weaker and soon out.

 

*****

 

“What do you want to eat?” Baekhyun asked. He didn't realize leaving Eunji far enough behind. His impatience rose up as he hadn't got any answer after his question had been spoken so he turned around.

“Oh Lord, where is Eunji?” he flabbergasted, wanting to bang his head on the wall for his carelessness but he didn't have time for that. He quickly ran to find her as soon as possible, worrying if she fell on her way because her sore feet and worrying more if something worse happened to her.

He stopped for a while, panting, and both hands on knees. When he looked up, his eyes saw something he never wanted to see. Her body was carried to a car. No. He couldn’t let this happened. He ran again.

He almost reached them. Suddenly someone made a hard tackle against him till he fell down on concrete ground causing so much pain in the whole body. Groaning, he attempted to get up but it's really difficult even blood gushed from his nose.

“Nice to meet you again Baekhyun” he heard those words but still didn't get that voice belonged to whom, his eyes was busy watching Eunji who was laid on the back seat. It might few minutes later they would speed away. His body and soul really wanted to save her, he had to get up but he fell again when got a kick on his body.

“Ddae…hhyun… yyou” his voice was tremble. Daehyun knelt down, lifting Baekhyun's chin before slapped on his bruised cheek. Daehyun’s fellow grabbed his arms then folded them behind with tight grip.

“What made you so arrogant that time?” Daehyun asked sternly with sharp and scary gaze. Baekhyun didn’t speak a word, avoiding Daehyun's gaze, the spies already closed the car door and he couldn't take his eyes off that.

“Look at me, idiot!” Daehyun pulled Baekhyun’s hair harshly to face him but he turned away again, disobeying the order. It made Daehyun reached his boiling point. He punched Baekhyun’s jaws then asked his fellows to martyr. The clothes Baekhyun wore were full of blood stains. Gasping, he couldn't open his eyes any longer and the last thing he saw was the car drove away, carrying his dream girl away.

 

*****

 

Eunji gradually opened her eyes after few hours of passing out. She felt dizzy and her sight was still blurry but she could feel soft and comfortable material below her body. As she could see clearly, she just realized that she was in a contemporary style bedroom with gorgeous decor. Oh wait. I’m familiar with this room and its furniture arrangement. Her mind was speaking.

“I'm at home?” she shocked, throwing the blanket away, running to the window. She almost forgot pain in her feet but just noticed they had been bandaged.

Opening curtains of large window, a pout instantly formed “Geez, it’s locked”. She dropped her knees on the marble floor, escaping tears from corner of eyes. She buried face, sniffling for herself, her destiny and Baekhyun.

The door cracked open but she kept burying face. She already knew who it was without looking.

“Where have you been, Ji?” that question sounded so irritating.

“How could you let this old woman barely sleeping? I miss you so much” that one sounded more irritating and she slapped away a hand that caressing her hair.

“Go away. I hate you” she yelled then bit her lower lips, holding more tears.

“Ji, dear, please listen to me” the older begged as her lips quivered of crying. Eunji a little bit startled. She never saw her mother crying except on the day when his father passed away. Her mother was always firm, tough, and fierce in front of anyone.

“Listen to what? Your orders?” Eunji asked coldly.“Can you let me go? I am sick of being with you. You are not my mom” Eunji got slapped as she finished her sentence. Not only one but three slaps in sequence.

“You're right. I'm not your mom and I never can be like her” she paused, exhaling “I was so happy when met you for the first time. I was grateful because the most beautiful and cutest little girl I've ever seen would be my daughter. It's more than enough since I couldn't give birth my own child”

“I treated you with my own way. Coldly and fiercely. I didn't need to act gentle like your biological mother or someone else to get your attention as long as I truly loved you as my precious daughter. It’s really painful knowing you secretly complained to your dad and compared me with your mom so many times. I knew you hate me, but I wasn’t sick of being with you. Wasn’t and won’t ever”

“And the arranged marriage. It's the reason you left home, wasn't it? On the day when your dad was dying he asked me to convey something to you. It's about your mom wish before she left this world forever. She wanted you to marry her friend's son in the future, she would ask you when you were growing up but God took her away when you're only 7 years old. Unfortunately your dad left without a chance to say it to you. I was confused that time because I didn't know how to convey so I gave you two difficult choices with a bit of pressure and coercion”

“It's all because your mom wish instead of I couldn't live without wealth. Please don’t go again” she kept raising her voice before but ended up begging then walked out, slamming the door behind her. It was incredibly loud door slam.

Eunji closed her eyes, clutching her own chest. She climbed to her bed, crying. She couldn’t believe that all.

 

*****

 

“Eunji” it was what coming out firstly from Baekhyun’s mouth after nearly half day lying unconsciously. What a relief even though he just mumbled it weakly. He felt weight on his right arm so he turned his head to that side. There was brunette girl slept, resting her head on his arm. A thin smile formed instantly, he her hair gently and the girl started squirming.

“You woke up?” she straightened her body while fixing messy hair with half opened eyes.

A thin smile was no longer plastered on his face.

“Where is Eunji?” he asked with wistful eyes.

“Eunji? Who cares? Stop thinking about her! Look at you, you are severely injured and almost lost your life. I was the one who coming to rescue you from ing Jung Daehyun” Jiyeon glared at him.

They had taken Eunji away. This fact was unacceptable. He ran his fingers, digging on the hospital bed sheet and closed his eyes tightly.

NO!


another update but this is kinda short, sorry :(

Thanks for upvoting, subbing, and commenting. I'm highly appreciate them. Happy reading ^^

Don't forget to leave your comment in column below, I wanna know your thought about this story so far ^^