Part 6

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Very very very late update again :( I'm sorry.

I have double for today. Thank you very much ^^


“Chanyeol” Eunji said almost in whisper.

Chanyeol ran towards her and stopped in front of her. He held his chest trying to control his breath. Exhausting, he couldn’t breathe properly.

“What happened? Are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

Eunji stood up “Suho found me and…”

“Suho, the spy? Did he hurt you?” Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes of hers.

Suddenly Baekhyun cleared throat awkwardly. He didn’t know who Chanyeol was and the way Chanyeol looked at Eunji was bothering him.

 “Who are you?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

“Who are you?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol back.

“I’m Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun” Baekhyun was standing up beside Eunji.

“I’m Park Chanyeol”

They looked at each other still confusing.

“Ehm…Chanyeol, he’s Baekhyun, he had helped me earlier. And Baekhyun, he’s Chanyeol, my friend” Eunji helped them to know each other.

Did Eunji introduce me as friend?” Chanyeol almost jumped in excitement at least she accepted him as friend.

Chanyeol nodded seeing Baekhyun’s injured face. He bowed sligtly to Baekyun before gave his attention back to Eunji.

Friend? Eunji must afraid of him, isn’t he bring harm like the others from her past life?” Baekhyun frowned.

“Sorry, I’m late” Chanyeol apologized.

“No problem, I have punched and kicked Suho like this” Baekhyun interrupted imitating when he fought with Suho.

“Don’t worry too much. She’s fine. Anyway, sometimes she looks like lion when get angry, who won’t afraid of that?” Baekhyuned added bursting in laugh.

“Huh?” Chanyeol’s right eyebrow was raised.

What’s wrong with him?” Eunji clenched her teeth.

“Oh, I forget to tell you that she lived at my house” Baekhyun felt relieved telling this part.

“Really?” Chanyeol asked Eunji.

Eunji simply nodded. She was speechless with Baekhyun’s straight words. Looked like he cared about her but it was too much. He was strange. She thought his head got most damage from the fight.

“Just the two of us. Look she even wears my clothes!” Baekhyun exclaimed then smiled.

“What?” Chanyeol’s eyeballs almost jumped.

Aigoo…Baekhyun , I think I should shut your mouth with glue” Eunji bit her bottom lip.

“He’s right. I didn’t have another choice, he’s the only one who could help me. I had very difficult time after left my house” Eunji explained.

Who’s Chanyeol actually? Why did she need to explain like that?” Baekhyun pouted crossing his arms.

“Oh, I understand. Sorry, I was the one that made you suffering” Chanyeol felt guilty.

Eunji kept silent. Flashback suddenly crossed in her mind it was when she met Chanyeol for the first time. Her mom forced her to wear a dress and put on some make up on her face because her mom had invited Chanyeol and his parents having dinner together. Eunji didn’t like this kind of family meeting so she would show them how bad she was. She appeared in front the guests rubbing her sleepy eyes and wore simple clothes, plain t-shirt and short. She brought her beloved dog to the dining room and played with him. Of course she did it on purpose. Her dog caused so much trouble in the dining room made the guests leaving her house faster than her mom hoped. Her mom got angry and she got punishment. She didn’t know why Chanyeol agreed to marry her after what she had done.

“I think I need some rest. Let’s go home Eunji-ah” Baekhyun rubbed his injured face. He would do anything to end her meeting quickly.

“Huh?” Eunji looked at Baekhyun with puzzled look didn’t know why Baekhyun asked her back to his house when she already left.

“Ah… It’s getting worse” Baekhyun pretended to wince in pain.

“Did you for…”

“My back…my neck…my arms… my legs” Baekhyun continued his acting.

“You should check your condition to the doctor” Chanyeol suggested.

“Nonono, I just need some rest” Baekhyun suddenly grabbed Eunji’s hand and pulled it slightly.

Okay. He had saved her life and she couldn’t ignore him. She should followed what he said even it’s weird like now.

“Chayeol, thanks for coming to help me. Sorry, I have troubled you and your works. And I should give it back to you” Eunji gave the phone to Chanyeol.

“Never mind. I’ll do my best to help you. Please accept this” Chanyeol handed it to her.

“But…”

“Please” Chanyeol begged.

“Thanks. I’ll go first” Eunji bowed.

“Thank you Baekhyun-ssi, you had helped her” Chanyeol said.

“Nice to meet you” Baekhyun waved his hand before pulled Eunji walking with him.

Finally” Baekhyun mumbled giggling secretly.

Eunji and Baekhyun walked together. Baekhyun kept holding Eunji’s hand along their way to his car but he released her hand quickly as he realized it. The atmosphere became awkward especially for him.

“Ouch” Baekhyun felt pain at his hand as he opened the car’s door.

“Are you okay? Let me drive the car” Eunji said she wasn’t sure Baekhyun could drive the car with his bad condition.

“Don’t worry. I had a car before” Eunji gestured asking the key.

“I know. You’re rich” Baekhyun smirked before gave the key to her.

“What about the first aid kit? Did you forget to give it back?” Baekhyun asked sitting comfortable on the passenger seat, bucking the seatbelt.

“No, I didn’t. An old man gave it to me. He’s really friendly and kind-hearted” Eunji drove off the car.

They hadn’t reached Baekhyun’s house after 20 minutes. It wasn’t caused of Baekhyun’s battered car but the distance from park to Baekhyun’s house was far enough. Eunji was strong girl and Baekhyun admitted it.

“Are you hungry?” Baekhyun asked worrying that she might faint suddenly.

“Yes, why did you ask me back to your house?” Eunji changed the topic.

“Who’s Chanyeol?” this question made Eunji raised her eyebrow.

Baekhyun grinned. He was offering barter.

“Answer my question first” Eunji smirked.

“Ehm… Because we’re in the same ship” Baekhyun paused.

“After what I’ve done to Suho, I'm sure he will do revenge. I’m in your danger” he finnished waiting for her turn to answer.

“Oh… he’s the groom who supposed to marry me” she swallowed hard.

“What? Isn’t he the most dangerous person after your mom?” he almost choked even though he didn’t eat or drink something.

“Have I told you about the arranged marriage?” she didn’t know why he was very shocked.

“No, you haven’t. I guess he has done something wrong until you ran away from your wedding. Oh… so it’s because of the arranged marriage?” he pretended to don’t know anything.

“Yes” she nodded.

“But why you aren’t afraid of him? What if he tells your mom or maybe he brings you with him?” his curiosity was killing him.

“He has promised never tells anything to my mom” she said.

Suddenly Baekhyun completely forgot about his injury. Chanyeol didn’t bring any harm for her but for him. He mentally slapped himself for that thought.

“It’s mean you had met him before?”  he couldn’t stop interrogate her.

“I did this morning”

“Do you trust him?”

“I don’t know” she shrugged.

Eunji stopped the car, they already at Baekhyun’s yard. Baekhyun was quiet after Eunji’s last answer. He felt something strange with his heart. It was felt like jealousy.

“Can you walk by yourself?” she turned around before reached terrace.

He didn’t answer her but his lips curved into smile automatically as he saw her face. He realized his feeling towards her and couldn’t deny it anymore. Was it too early to fall for her? They were still stranger but what he couldn’t do when love already came?