Part 10

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Baekhyun sang while playing guitar on the stage to entertain the customers in the café. He really enjoyed his activity until he saw entrance door. Guess who came in?

There were three boys stood near the glass door, looking for empty table since the cafe was almost full of people. Baekhyun gulped, knowing the only table that left was near the stage. He was so nervous when one of them pointed that table and the others nodded in agreement. Sweat started falling on edge of his paled face but he kept to pluck guitar strings and sing the song that just reached the first reff , it wasn't as enjoyable as before.

He glanced bitterly at Suho who was sitting comfortably on the round couch along with the others. Yes. Suho was part of the group. Suho was the reason why he acted weirdly in sudden. His mind was jumbled. Should he stay calm at the fact that Kris and Jiyeon who knew him so well couldn't easily recognize him, so it meant Suho who briefly met him would possibly be the same?

He pulled down his cap burying his face. The one who pointed the table before now was looking at him, smiling. He nervously faked a smile, gesturing him to enjoy his time, so opposite with his heart and wish. When the song ended he exchanged singing with his partner so he could excuse himself to lavatory.

He planned to escape but he switched his plan as soon as he overheard about their conversation about jobs. They all were the spies who have the same aim and mission. Looking for a place that safe and didn't arouse suspicion, he was sure about intention to spy the spies, collecting as much information as possible.

 “Sehun, don’t be lazy anymore. We have to work harder to find Ms. Jung” Suho said munching his food.

“I understand hyung. Where’s she hiding actually? It’s really frustrating” Sehun looked desperate, digging in lazily.

“Everything still will be hard however we have found her. Sehun, Chen, I told you, there is a boy who always by her side. He will protect her no matter what and he was the reason why I get bad injuries two months ago” Suho explained to his juniors.

“That was your bad day. He has paralyzed you” Chen shook his head.

Baekhyun swallowed hard. They talked about him.

“I heard Mrs. Jung has prepared $ 10,000 as reward to anyone who brings her daughter back” Chen uttered.

“You’re right. The news will spread tomorrow. Mrs.Jung has lost her patience. Everyone will hunt that poor girl starting tomorrow” Sehun added.

After quite long, they got up, ready to leave while Baekhyun still hiding near the artificial trees that decorating interior. Suddenly there was something that surprised him, Mr. Kim tapped his shoulder then asked what he was doing. He was caught. He apologized, stuttering in every words, rubbing his back neck with his sweating palm. Lucky, Mr. Kim forgave him and asked him to go back to his work.  He walked away from the boss, keeping his head down because the spies were less than 1 meter in front of him. He passed them while murmuring a pray.

“Is this yours?”

Damn. There must be something was fallen. Baekhyun checked his pocket and his phone wasn’t there. He couldn’t pretend it wasn’t his and simply ignore that voice because he just bought it few days ago with his salary. He turned around, facing the spies in hesitate.

“This is mine. Thank you” he bowed slightly, taking the phone from Sehun’s hand.

“No problem” Sehun replied, trying to look at Baekhyun’s face because he kept his head down.

“Thank you” Baekhyun turned around on his sneakers then quickly ran to the stage.

Sehun could only shrug at the boy who seemed in hurry. His shirt was pulled slightly by Suho then they walked together. Suho rolled his head, looking at the stage when he almost reached the door. There was Baekhyun stood up greeting the customers with his warm smile. Suho couldn’t recognize Baekhyun but he felt something was lingering and bothering. When he narrowed his eyes and was in deep thought, Chen dragged him out.

 

*****

 

Baekhyun was in the terrace. He knocked the door many times but there was no any response. He assumed that Eunji might already sleep but it was weird because she would wake up as soon as there was noise that bothered her sleep. He waited and waited, peeking through the very small hole in the door. It was dark inside. It was getting weirder. Eunji never turned off the light. He should open the door forcefully to know what was happened inside. He pushed his body against the door with all his strength. But failed.

“Eunji!!!” he kept shouting her name but there was no answer yet.

He kept trying till he got wounds on his arm. He worried her. This time he used his leg. It would be useless if he used his arm again. He kicked the door many times. Finally the door creaked opened. He looked for the electric switch then the light. He never expected or imagined thing in front his eyes to be happened.

Eunji was sniveling with ripped blouse. Daehyun was on top of her. He pinned her against the floor. was covered by his palm. Without any thought Baekhyun grabbed Daehyun by collar and pulled Daehyun harshly to face him. He punched right on Daehyun’s face hardly couple times. Daehyun deserved that or even more. Daehyun winced in pain and swept flowing blood below his nose.

“How dare you” Baekhyun yelled at Daehyun furiously. His breathing was uncontrolled.

“Tsk… I haven’t done anything yet except tasted her delicious lips” Daehyun smirked.

“You!!!” Baekhyun glared, clenching fist.

Daehyun winked lustfully at Eunji who hugged her knees tightly on the floor with eyes was full of fear. He hadn’t given up.

“Calm down Baekhyun. Do you know how much your left debt? I will forget no matter how much it is. I will even give you money, car, house, anything. You just need to do the easiest thing, give her to me”

“In your dream” Baekhyun pushed Daehyun to the floor.

Baekhyun punched Daehyun again and again. He didn’t want to stop. Daehyun didn’t even do any single rebellion, he was weak and getting weaker. He didn’t know where’s Baekhyun’s strength came from. Baekhyun was never being that strong. In past Daehyun could torture Baekhyun in the fight however it wasn’t easy but Daehyun always won. And now Daehyun was the one who was lying unconsciously.

Eunji tossed her head up looking at Baekhyun who walked nearing her. Her face expression hadn’t changed yet and tears kept dropping. It was terrifying and traumatizing moments for her. Baekhyun knelt down and he really felt sorry for her. He helped her to get up. He could felt her body was trembling.

“I’m sorry” this what Baekhyun could say. She hugged him and buried her face on his chest. He kept his hands beside his body, couldn’t hug her back. Her sound of crying was the only sound that played in such quiet and cold night. Her arms on his back started loosening. She swooned. He managed to catch her before she touched the floor. He carried her bridal style to his car worriedly. They had to go. They had to move. He placed her on passenger seat carefully, buckling the seatbelt then stared at her fragile figure intensely.

She left single tear on her rosy cheek and he wipe it gently with his thumb. He cursed many times silently at Daenyun’s immoral act to her before left her to pack their stuffs. He opened wardrobe and took their clothes. Unknowingly, Daehyun tried to rise with his left energy. He took out his sharp pocket knife and moved quietly towards Baekhyun. He was ready to stab Baekhyun. Baekhyun fell the clothes down with eyes were opened widely as he turned around.

“I will send you to the hell and she will be mine” Daehyun smirked.

Daehyun aimed the knife to Baekhyun but Baekhyun quickly avoided it. The knife scratched deeply on Baekhyun’s left arm. Baekhyun took the knife and threw it away. He pushed Daehyun to the wall by Daehyun’s back. Daehyun’s cheek touched the cold wall, he groaned as Baekhyun pressed his back harder. Both his hands were at back and Baekhyun tied them tightly. Baekhyun moved down, tying Daehyun’s free legs. It was impossible if he could attack again. Baekhyun left him, moving to zippering the full bag.

“I’ll pay my debt before I go” Baekhyun scattered money around Daehyun who was deceived.

 

*****

 

Baekhyun had covered Eunji’s body with his jacket. His worry hadn’t gone yet. He had no destination and Eunji was still with her shut eyes. He saw her fingers started to move and later her eyes were opened slightly. Her sight was dim and she was clueless about where she was. She still felt insecure.

“Baekhyun?” she mumbled weakly in very low tone.

“ I’m here” he placed his right hand on hers and he chose to stop his car.

She felt relieved as she heard his voice. She rolled her head to the right side where his voice came from. Slowly but surely her sight was back to normal. She could see worry expression plastered on his face.

“Are you okay?” he asked her.

She nodded weakly as her answer. He wouldn’t ask anything that could remind her about past incident. He had to make sure she was okay. She needed to be comforted and her sadness had to be erased.

“Thanks” her lips curled into small smile but her eyes was teary.

“You’re safe now. I’m so sorry” he brushed her hair.

“Omo. Your arm. You’re hurt” she took his hand, looking at the bled part worriedly.

“It’s nothing. You better take a rest” he assured.

“But…”

“Shhh. I’m fine. Listen to me”

Eunji couldn’t help but nodded obediently. She rested her head, still holding his left hand.

“Where will we go?” she asked.

At first he didn’t want to tell her about Suho because she was still sad but finally he decided to tell her. She was so shock. She closed her eyes, saying she really hated her mom after his end of story. He could only tell her to stay strong and think problem solving together. They agreed to sleep in the car and continued their journey tomorrow.

 “I will always by your side” he said sincerely.

She smiled. “So am I. You have to sleep now. Good night” she was so sleepy and tired, closing her eyes slowly. She didn’t know what would happen if Baekhyun didn’t appear to save her because her entire struggle to escape didn't work. She was very grateful. Even though grief was still buried deep in her heart, she was sure time would help to forget all bad memories.

“Good night” ………… “ I love you”

It wasn’t sleep talking because he hadn’t slept yet. With it she opened her eyes again, facing him with slack-jawed. On the other hand, he was chaos silently. His heart skipped a beat.

“You what?” she asked.

He was urged with her gaze and question. He scratched her head, feeling nervous.

“I love you” he repeated shyly.

“It’s something you never expect, right? My feeling just keeps growing up each day” he looked at his laps, avoiding her gaze.

It was really awkward moment and no one dared to break the silence.

One second

Two seconds

...

15 seconds

“Baekhyun-ah” finally she called his name.

 “I know you already…”

His babbling was cut off. She pecked his lips then rested her forehead on his for a while before separated, blushing. He blinked several times, almost forgot the way to breathe.

“Do you…”

“I love you too” she said in low tone, biting her lower lips cutely.

“Really? You like Chanyeol, don’t you?”

“Chanyeol? When I said that? You’re the one that I like” she pouted “How about your ex? Did you already make up with her?”

He just realized the misunderstanding.

“I will never make up with that clingy and selfish girl. Anyway, how can you like me? Do you forget I have tons of badness?”

“Everybody knows how bad you are but for me you’re like a savior” she paused “You’re also cute and handsome”

They giggled unison. They glanced each other, having the same idea of what they should do next. He got closer and closer, looking into her eyes, went down to her lips. He leaned in while she was closing her eyes, titling her chin up. His lips finally reached hers, capturing it tenderly. He deepened his kiss and she kissed him back while wrapping her arms around his neck. They broke their kiss to catch some air. Gasping.

“I think I can’t feel pain anymore” he said, giggling, showing his injured arm.