Part 7

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Eunji refused to open her eyes. The cold weather made her wanted to sleep on the couch longer even it wasn’t comfortable couch. She pulled the blanket until covered half of her face and hugged herself tightly. She went back to her dreamland but few minutes later she felt pain in her stomach. She was hungry. She kept closing her eyes but her hungriness was getting stronger.  She gave up on her stomach.

She swore would back to her sleep after this. She walked lazily to kitchen searching something to fill her stomach. There was no snack or something else she could eat without cooking. She ended up boiling egg. After had eaten it she went back to the couch. She saw Baekhyun was sleeping on the bed. His blanket was laid on the floor he must kicked it on his sleep.

At first Eunji didn’t care about it but he might get cold because slept without blanket. Eunji took the blanket then covered Baekhyun’s with it. She did it quietly and carefully.

Curiosity filled her body. She used this occasion to check his injuries. She checked here and there. His injuries were bad but they’re better than yesterday. Her curiosity grew bigger. She also wanted to know his condition. Bad outside might bad inside. She dared to place her palm on his forehead.

Surprisingly his temperature was high. No wondered he slept for quite long. He was in low and weak condition. She shook his body trying to wake him up.

“Hmm” his respond wasn’t what she had expected.

His face was pale. Running to the kitchen, she brought warm water and little towel. She needed them to reduce high temperature. She placed wet towel on his forehead.

She pulled a chair and sat beside the bed. She hoped for his better condition. She checked his temperature again and again but there’s no development with his condition.

She sighed. She needed to call doctor or at least bought medicine. She looked for Baekhyun’s wallet and his money was just enough to buy medicine. Low price medicine. What if it couldn’t heal him? Poor you Byun Baekhyun.

She had to find another way. She didn’t have a job. She couldn’t earn money. Wait, she still had something left. It was her pretty but ty wedding dress. Don’t ask how much money that her mom had spent to get her wedding dress?  She would sell it for sure.

“Stay strong, Baekhyu-ah. I’ll be back” she tapped gently on his arm.

 

*****

 

Eunji had waited but no one came to her. She only needed one buyer but it’s so hard to get since she dressed up like this. She almost covered her whole body and called people by whispering. She looked like a kidnapper. Some people even shouted and ran after was called by her. She didn’t have another choice because her mother might do more extreme way to find her.

“Don’t judge book by its cover. I only want to sell my wedding dress” she pouted while leaning on the tree.

“Please forgive me, honey”

“Yah. Shut up and don’t follow me”

“Honey, let me explain everything”

“Don’t follow me”

The last sentence that Eunji heard was so scary just like lion’s roar.

“That girl must really piss off” Eunji swept dust on her clothes then got up.

Eunji was still behind the tree. She peeped and found a boy was standing with sad expression.

“Don’t be sad” Eunji said while approaching that boy.

“Aah… Who you are?” he jumped with her sudden appearance.

“Don’t worry, I’m not kidnapper. Sorry, I have heard your fight” she apoligized scratching her head.

“And I’m not stalker” she added.

“What do you want?”

“I know what she feels and I will piss off like her if my boyfriend does some mistake. You have to show her how much your love and your seriousness. Don’t just ask for her forgiveness. Promise her that you will bring your relationship to the marriage”

“Are you cupid or what? Why you dress up like that?”

“I’m normal girl. I have allergy with coldness so I end up like this. Will you consider my advices?”

“It sounds great. Is it enough for her?”

“I will be perfect if you give her gift”

“Gift? What kind of gift?”

“Anything that relate to marriage. Uhm… maybe wedding dress”

“Wedding dress”

“Ta-da like this” Eunji showed him her wedding dress.

“Wah, it’s really beautiful. Are you genie or doraemon?”

“Okay, actually I want to sell this wedding dress. I really need money”

“Do you trick me? You’re from TV program, right?”

“Yah. There’s no camera.  I told you I’m normal girl. Would you like to buy this?”

“It’s must really expensive. I don’t have enough money”

“It’s up to you how much you want to pay”

“Really? Is it enough?” he handed money to her.

“Yes. Thank you so much. Take this. Sorry, I gotta go. My friend is waiting for me” Eunji bowed 90 degrees.

“You’re welcome”

“What’s your name?”

“Kyungsoo”

“Good luck, Kyungsoo-ssi”

“What’s your name?”

Eunji already disappeared.

“Wah, she’s so fast. Thank you so much stranger. Your advices are so priceless. Bomi-ah, I’m coming” Kyungsoo ran with grin on his face.

 

*****

 

“Take care of him” the doctor said before left.

“Thank you so much doctor” Eunji said then bowed slightly.

Eunji sat on the chair beside the bed. She couldn’t help but smiled to the sleeping Baekhyun. She felt so relieved because finally could help him.

Baekhyun finally woke up after his long sleep. He had drunk his medicines and his condition got better. Remembering Eunji nagged at his weak body when she asked him to drink medicines made him chuckled. She was scary and cute at the same time.

He saw Eunji was sleeping. She fell asleep on the chair with head laid on the bed. Tiredness caused it to be happened. He ruffled her hair and a smile was formed by his lips. He couldn’t believe this cold girl had taken care of him. Baekhyun pulled his hand away as Eunji woke up.

“You’ve woke up, are you hungry?” she asked while tying her hair to ponytail.

“Take a rest if you tired” he told her.

“Yah. Don’t talk too much. You’re sick. I’m sure you’re hungry. I’ll cook porridge”

“Eunji-ah”

“Baekhyun-ah, I will throw away you medicines if you ask me to take a rest once again. You’re sick, I’m healthy. Don’t worry about me” she warned him scarily.

“Aish this girl” he commented as Eunji walked to the kitchen while covering her ears.

Eunji brought a bowl of porridge. She put it on the table then helped Baekhyun to sit up. Eunji slapped his arm as he touched the bowl.

“Yah. You’re still weak. I’ll feed you” she glared.

“How about you? You must be hungry too” he asked.

“I’ll eat five bowls after this. Say aaaa” she started with full spoon.

The bowl was empty in short time. She took care of him very well and he couldn’t hide his over excitement.

“Thank you” he thanked her.

“No problem. Yah, you’re so dirty. Hold on” she leaned in closer.

She wiped the edge of his lips with her thumb. Her face was so close with him. He realized how beautiful her eyes were. She looked at him as she noticed there were a pair of eyes were looking at her.

 “I will take your medicines” she moved away as soon as possible.

Baekhyun scratched his head as the moment ended but he caught something strange with her, her cheeks were red as tomato. He couldn’t see it clearly because she left so fast. Deep in his heart, he hoped she blushed.