Part 5

The Drunkard and The Runaway Bride

Seconds had passed and Baekhyun pulled away. He stared at Eunji's wide eyes before surprisingly wiped his lips.

“This” he said while smirking.

Eunji didn’t say anything. She kept shutting but her eyes could tell her anger.

“Don’t be so hypnotized. The kiss means nothing. I just want to show you what kind of kiss that I want. I just want to reply your question” he walked away.

Eunji mentally slapped herself. How could he kiss her and say such an unbelievable reason easily and confidently. She didn't even have a chance to slap him because he disappeared so quickly.

“Are you crazy?” Eunji finally found him sitting on the bench outside.

“What now?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow.

“Are you an idiot?” she thought he had no brain.

“What? Did you call me crazy then idiot? Jung Eunji, please, I have explained before” he stayed in his position while ruffling his hair.

“Should I okay with your ridiculous reason?” Eunji crossed her arms.

“Then don’t take it too seriously” Baekhyun kept acting cool.

He didn’t want to admit that he was nervous. He was still dumbfounded with his act earlier. He didn't know what brought him to do that.

“You don’t need to take the responsibility any longer. I’ll leave” Eunji turned around and was ready to leave.

Baekhyun was surprised with her decision.

“Are you sure? What about the spy? What if the spy catches you on your way?” Baekhyun shouted before she reached yard.

Eunji  frozen by his words. She bit her bottom lip didn't know what to do next. Baekhyun was 100% right but what about her pride. Should she live with this idiot any longer?

“It's not your problem. Thank you” she continued her way without turned her face to him. She was really pissed off.

Baekhyun suddenly felt sad when she chose to leave. He knew that he had no right to stop her. He even should be happy with her decision because he didn't need to take the responsibility any longer.

“Eunji-ah” he shouted as loud as he could but she kept walking.

 

*****

 

Eunji felt tired of walking. She sighed as she remembered that she had no money. She decided to sit on the park bench. The jacket that wrapped her body no longer gave her warmth because the weather was getting colder. She blew her palms and pulled the hoodie to cover her head.

“That idiot” Eunji murmured in annoyed tone as she remembered the kiss.

Who wouldn't get mad if somebody kissed you without your permission? More over it was your first kiss. It was what Eunji felt right now.  

Eunji was still clueless about her destination. It was impossible for her to sleep on the park bench in this cold weather. Eunji put her hand in the jacket pocket. She felt there was something inside the pocket so she immediately took it out.

“Cell phone?” Eunji's jaw dropped as she saw an expensive smartphone in her hand.

She put her left hand back in the pocket as she remembered there was something left. She took out a piece of paper and found there was written note on it. She read it carefully.

This is for you. Don't forget to calling and texting me. Take care.

                                                                                                Park Chanyeol

Eunji blinked several times. She wondered when Chanyeol put it in the pocket and why she didn’t realize it. She her smartphone and found there was only Chanyeol name in the contacts.

“Miss Eunji let’s go home. Your mom always worries about you”

Eunji heard man's voice behind her. She could recognize that voice, it was Suho's voice. How could he be there when she even didn't hear his footsteps? Eunji stood up then ran as fast as she could. On the other hand Suho quickly followed her, he didn't want to lose her this time. Eunji's right hand was still holding the cell phone, she called Chanyeol in rush. It didn’t take a long time for him to answer the call.

“Help me! Help me! I'm in the park” Eunji said in whisper.

She hung up the call as Suho grabbed her hand strongly. Eunji tried to release his grip and glared at him.

“Let me go, Suho” she yelled at him.

“I’m sorry miss. I have to bring you home” he pulled her to walking with him headed the car.

“Tell mom I don't want to meet her. Please let me go” her tears started to flow as she saw the car wasn’t far from them.

“Shut up! Get in the car!” Suho was furious. He opened the door for her.

“Please” she begged for the last time with her teary eyes.

Actually she was shocked and afraid of Suho because he hadn’t spoken in rude way before.

“Hurry up!” Suho pushed her to get in the car.

She did his command but after that she saw him collapsed on the ground. He held his cheek because somebody already punched on it. Eunji was surprised as she saw who had punched Suho. He was Baekhyun.

Suho got up from the ground. He punched Baekhyun’s face and they got fight. Their faces were bleeding but they hadn’t stopped. No one wanted to give up on the fight.

“Stay away from her. Don’t you dare to bring her home if she says won’t” Baekhyun grabbed Suho’s collar with one hand. Baekhyun clenched his fist for another punch for Suho who was lying on the ground unconsciously.

“Enough!” Eunji shouted walking toward them.

Suho got up then walking to his car.  He glared at them before drove off immediately.

“I…” Baekhyun couldn’t finish his words.

“Your bruises seem bad” Eunji held his wrist then guided him walking to the bench she had sat before.

Baekhyun smiled secretly behind her even though she was still treating him in cold way.

“Sit here. Wait a minute” she said in cold tone before run to somewhere.

Baekhyun giggled as he knew she came with first aid kit. He was busy rubbed his cheek when she sat beside him.  She started to take care of his bruises on right side of his face without permission. She asked him to face her after had done with his right side. He moved slowly to face her. He avoided eye contact but he gulped when saw her lips.

Eunji sighed as she needed to hold his chin. Baekhyun chose to shut his eyes after he gulped earlier so he was surprised when her soft and little palm touched his skin. The weather might be so cold but with less than 10 centimeters distance between them everything was getting warmer.  

Baekhyun felt tired of shuting his eyes. He opened his eyes slowly but he widened them immediately.

“Ouch!” he winced in pain after Eunji suddenly slapped his injured cheek.

“Omo!” Eunji covered didn’t believe what she had done. It was her reflex response when he opened his eyes.

“Yah, what’s up?” Baekhyun got confused.

“Uhm…nothing. I’m sorry. I think it’s enough” Eunji bit her bottom lip.

“Thank you. I’m feeling better” Baekhyun assumed that she might think he was ert and jerk after he had kissed her.

“Anyway, how could you be here?” she asked looking at the ground.

Should I tell her the truth? I felt worried when she left my house so I decided to look for her. What if she thinks that I like her? Should I lie? Will she believes me?” Baekhyun frowned.

“I…” he stuttered.

“I know you just wanted to go somewhere then you passed this park” Eunji cut him quickly.

Baekhyun was surprised but he simply nodded.

“I don’t know why you helped me but thank you very much. You have saved my life”

Baekhyun couldn’t help but looked at her. She was still looking at the ground and playing her fingers. Suddenly tears fell from her eyes and she wiped quickly.

“Are you okay?” he asked her full of concern.

She just nodded. But few seconds later she couldn’t hold her tears anymore. She was crying while covering face with her palms.

“Hey…It’s okay” Baekhyun moved closer then hesitantly hugged her.

He saw her crying for the second time but now she wasn’t drunk like before. He tried to comfort her tapping her shoulder gently.

“I’m sorry” Eunji separated.

“I’m so emotional right?” she coughed.

“No problem. You can’t always be tough and… I’m sorry about earlier. I should respect you as a girl. I always play with girls, that’s why I can’t understand their feelings well” Baekhyun apologized.

“So you’re a player?” Eunji raised her eyebrow.

“Kind of but I have plan to quit” Baekhyun joked.

Eunji smiled. It was her first smile after the incident. She was very pretty with that smile and her smile was enough to make anyone who saw it amazed included Baekhyun. He held his chest as he felt his heart was beating crazily.

What’s wrong? Did I get heart attack or Eunji caused it happen?” Bekhyun said to himself.

“Complete package. Drunkard, gambler and player” Eunji rolled her eyes.

“Yah, what you said? Don’t challenge me to argue with you, we just made up two minutes ago” Baekhyun said.

“I haven’t forgiven you” Eunji stuck out her tongue.

“Yah this…”

“JUNG EUNJI!!!”

Baekhyun and Eunji turned around. There was Chanyeol with messy hair. He was exhausted holding both his knees.