Making Acquaintances

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 14 new subs and thanks very much to loove_db5k_suju, steven, softspotforhae, connieis1, Kyu3392, rbatalovr, and SuJuelfcassshawol for upvoting!!! **gives you all a beeg beeg hug** ⊂(´・◡・⊂ )

 

“Hae-ah, hwaiting for tomorrow!!”

“Thanks,” mumbled Donghae, tilting his head to the front so his father could reach the hair at the back of his head. He took a peek at himself in the mirror again, running his hand through the now shorter locks of hair.

It was Hangeng’s idea. He wanted his son to start afresh at his new workplace, so he suggested a new haircut to ditch the old Donghae and begin anew. His son didn’t really think it was necessary, but complied all the same. The last time he trimmed his hair was at least a year ago, and somehow he really missed the soothing touches and familiar snips of his father. A single tear escaped his eye and he rubbed it away unconsciously, smiling to his father who was looking at him through the mirror.

“Has it really been that long, Hae-ah?” Hangeng said softly while snipping away. “You’re so grown up already; I can’t believe you used to be a small little kid barely as tall as my waist. You were so adorable, running about in the shop back then. Everybody who came fell in love with you instantly because you were such a jolly kid with adorably irresistible eyes… Some say you took after your mother… She was such a pretty lady, you know? But she never liked this place…”

Donghae nodded silently, watching his father stop snipping for a while and drown in his sad memories. He couldn’t really remember much about his mother, save for the time when she left. Hangeng choked down a sob and let out a sigh before continuing with his work.

“Ah, that was nearly eighteen years ago. And look at you, Hae-ah, you’ve grown into such a fine man!! I’ve been keeping you selfishly with me all these years because I didn’t want to lose you… Mianhae, for being such a selfish person. You’ll always be daddy’s little boy. Now that you’re finally leaving the nest… Daddy really hasn’t gotten used to the fact that you won’t really be around me all the time anymore, Hae-ah… Promise me, you’ll work your hardest and try your very best at your new place? Be strong, and don’t forget daddy-yah… I love you, son. So much.”

“I love you too, dad,” Donghae whispered softly, his eyes moist with unshed tears. Hangeng finished snipping and laid down his scissors and comb on the tray, while Donghae stood up and embraced his father in a lingering hug. Hangeng hugged back, not willing to let go of his only son so soon. Donghae was his only family, and also all he had to remind him of his runaway wife. He tightened the hug as fresh tears spewed from his eyes.

“Mianhae, Hae dear… I haven’t really been the best daddy to you… Sometimes I just wish you had a feminine touch while you grew up, but look at me; I wasn’t even able to keep her around for five years, so I’m so sorry if daddy hasn’t been good enough for you –”

“Dad,” Donghae cut in, resting his chin on Hangeng’s shoulder. “Don’t say you’re sorry. There’s nothing to be sorry about. You’ve been the best dad and I promise to work hard. You don’t have to worry about me; I’m a big boy already… and I know it hurts when you think of her… But hey, at least it’s thanks to her that you’ve got me…”

“I know. If there’s only one thing I’m grateful to her for, it’s for giving me you. So…” Hangeng pulled away and patted his son’s head. “Starting from tomorrow, just try your best, and don’t let daddy down, alright? I have faith in you, and I know that you’re going to shine no matter what happens. You have lots of talent, so just let your natural instincts take over, and don’t over think too much, okay?”

“I’m okay,” giggled Donghae. “You too, dad, don’t miss me too much while I’m gone. I promise to make you proud, dad. I promise promise. I triple promise.”

“Good, now let’s just go to bed, dear. You have a long day waiting for you tomorrow, and you don’t want to be late for your first day of work.”

“Mmh. Good night, dad.”

“Good night, son, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

* * *

 

Kyuhyun smirked at the sight of Eunhyuk pacing up and down the salon’s main entrance. It was ten to eight, and the director had been fidgeting ever since a quarter of an hour ago. He never stopped looking at his watch. Kyuhyun didn’t know if he should feel amused at his behaviour or not.

“Waiting for the boy?”

Eunhyuk stopped in his tracks and glared at the younger. “No, what made you think that?”

“The fact that you’ve been pacing the floor for nearly half an hour. We’re not expecting any celebrities today, so you definitely cannot be worried about security or fans or anything. You’re obviously waiting for him, aren’t you? Don’t deny it,” Kyuhyun quickly added the last line before the director had a chance to retort. “I wonder what’s so special about him that caught your eye?”

“Hmph, he hasn’t caught my eye. I’m just making sure he’s not late, that’s all. I’ll skin him alive if he dares to step in here even one minute late.”

Kyuhyun still had that knowing look on his face that Eunhyuk absolutely hated. It meant that the younger could totally see through him and he gritted his teeth in irritation, throwing both his arms into the air. “Whatever, I’m going to my office now. Send that boy to me as soon as he arrives, and he’d better not be late or I’ll–”

“You’ll treat him nice. For freak’s sake, Hyuk, can’t you be a little less hostile? He’s just a kid, poor thing. If you make him cry I swear I’m gonna kick your to the moon and back.”

All Kyuhyun got in response was the sound of a door slamming so hard that he feared the hinges might have come off. He shook his head and picked up his cup of coffee before heading towards the waiting area and sat down comfortably on the couch, facing the doors.

Five minutes later, a small figure slowly walked up to the doors. Kyuhyun saw the familiar silhouette and smiled, getting up t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter