Supermodel Crisis

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 13 new subs and thanks to QuoVadis, shinobikoe, mslsml, and Diamondspark1809 for upvoting!!! XOXO

 

Next morning, Donghae arrived bright and early for work. Eunhyuk was just pouring himself a cup of black coffee when the younger waltzed into the salon with a smile on his face. He brought himself over to the director and bowed slightly to him, making Eunhyuk raise an eyebrow in question.

“Morning, Eunhyuk-sshi,” Donghae chirped happily.

“What’s come over you?” Eunhyuk asked, genuinely curious. After all that hell he put him through, surely the young man would be at least a little hostile towards him?

Just then, the doors opened and Kyuhyun walked in with his helmet under his arm. He set the helmet down on the couch and proceeded to take off his biker gloves before shrugging off his leather jacket. The slight cut on the stylist’s cheek somehow had him looking even more badass. Donghae was simply mesmerized.

Kyuhyun flicked a loose strand of hair that fell on his lashes and gave Donghae a grin, feeling the younger’s gaze on himself. On the other hand, Donghae couldn’t help staring with a silly grin on his face. Eunhyuk’s question went unanswered as Kyuhyun walked past the director to place a hand over Donghae’s head, using his height to his advantage. Donghae scowled a little, feeling his hair messed up. Kyuhyun chuckled and then moved towards the backroom where his locker was, leaving a charmed Donghae and a huffed Eunhyuk in the lounge.

* * *

It was a busy day at the salon. Donghae had never seen so many people streaming in one after another for their appointments. Since he had already cleaned the entire place spotless before, Eunhyuk allowed him to observe the stylists at work, but of course with a broom in hand to clean up the locks of hair that fell on the floor. But nonetheless he was free to roam around the salon, so he stuck mighty close to Kyuhyun throughout the day. Kyuhyun was just too happy to teach Donghae a few more tricks besides the scissor spin last time.

The customers began thinning out after lunch, and Kyuhyun was glad to be able to finally rest comfortably on the couch without tending to a couple of customers screaming for his attention every two minutes. The trainees were doing fine without the professional stylists there so he was able to have a good rest in the meantime. He closed his eyes and just meditated for a while. Donghae came and sat down timidly beside the man, who opened his eyes at the sensation of the cushion dipping beneath Donghae’s weight.

“Hae, do you need something?” Kyuhyun smiled at the younger. Donghae blushed and shook his head. “Nothing. I just wanted to be with you.”

Kyuhyun grinned and closed his eyes again, leaning his head over the couch. “What did I say last time about getting too close to me?”

“I shouldn’t, because I’d probably get hurt,” said Donghae, rolling his eyes. “How could I be scared of you? You’re an undercover cop, aren’t you? I should feel safe around you instead.”

“I see you’re forgetting about that incident yesterday already.”

“You’re pretty good at fighting, Kyu. You were so cool yesterday!! I wish I could see you do that again!!”

Kyuhyun sat up and ruffled Donghae’s hair, making him yelp in surprise. “I certainly hope not. I don’t know if I can protect you from them again. They might send more men after me, you know.”

“Aww…”

Donghae was about to punch Kyuhyun playfully in the arm when the bell above the salon door chimed softly, indicating that someone just stepped through the door. Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up with recognition at the newcomer and smiled. Donghae, puzzled, turned around to see who Kyuhyun was smiling at and he instantly froze in place.

There, standing less than three feet away from him, was Lee Sungmin, the most famous and most sought-after advert and runway model in all of South Korea. Some even say he is ranked among the top models in the world. Sungmin was a freaking supermodel.

Donghae could hardly hold in his fanboying instincts. He had a huge celebrity crush on Sungmin ever since the model made his debut, and he owned a copy of every magazine and poster Sungmin ever appeared in. He bit back a squeal, reminding himself to behave like a professional (one of the first things Kyuhyun taught him) but nonetheless he grinned widely at the sight of the real person just in front of him.

Sungmin was wearing a pink and white knitted sweater which screamed aegyo, with torn jeans ripped here and there, accompanied with a pair of bright red Converse sneakers on his feet. He had on dark sunglasses concealing his eyes, which he took off once he reached the couch where Kyuhyun was previously sitting on. The latter had stood up to hug Sungmin briefly. Donghae couldn’t help feeling a little jealous at the gesture but he said nothing at all; he was tongue-tied anyway.

“Min!! I haven’t seen you in such a long time!! How are you?” Kyuhyun asked brightly, petting the supermodel on his head.

Sungmin giggled. “I’m fine. I was only away for three weeks in Japan doing a couple of commercial shoots, you know,” he replied, removing Kyuhyun’s hand from his head and pouting a little because a small part of his hair got flattened.

“I know, and I’ve also seen some of the exclusive photos already. You were absolutely stunning, especially with the new hair colour!!”

Sungmin blushed. “Thanks, Kyu. I thought I looked a little fat, though.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me. You looked perfect. Trust me when I say it,” Kyuhyun smiled, winking at the model. “Anyway, it isn’t like you to grace us with a visit without your manager, Min. Are you looking for anyone in particular?”

Nodding, Sungmin reached for the backpack slung across his shoulder. “I’m looking for Kangin. I haven’t seen him in a while and I really missed him so much… He never even called or anything ever since I left for Japan,” he finished with a pout.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Kangin hyung’s probably been a little too busy with work, but I agree that it just isn’t the right way to treat his boyfriend, right Min? He should have at least sent you a text while you were away. I’ll bash him on the head for you when I see him, if you want.”

Sungmin flicked him on the forehead, laughing. “No, seriously, where is he? I brought him some lunch today. I made it myself. I thought I’d surprise him with his favourite Kimbap today.”

Donghae felt a little relieved hearing that Sungmin really was Kangin’s boyfriend, although he kind of envied the latter for it. It was one thing reading about the rumour in gossip magazines, and another thing hearing it strai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter