True Love?

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 6 new subs and thanks Daiana1 for upvoting!! :)

 

“Kyu!! C’mon let’s go eat!!” Donghae squeaked happily as he skipped all the way to Kyuhyun’s station. “It’s one o’clock already, and I’m absolutely starving!!”

Kyuhyun chuckled in amusement as Donghae tugged impatiently on his sleeves. “Sorry Hae, I can’t have lunch with you today. I’ve got too much on my hands right now.”

Donghae pouted. He blew some air into his cheeks and looked pleadingly at Kyuhyun with his bottom lip jutting out, making Kyuhyun laugh. “Maybe tomorrow,” he said, pushing a finger against Donghae’s forehead. The younger scrunched up his face and stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun, who bent down and lightly pecked him on the head. “Eat something for me, alright?”

“Won’t you be hungry at all?”

“I’ll be alright. There’s coffee here so I’ll survive. Don’t worry about me.”

“Okay,” said Donghae, walking towards the exit. “I’m off!!”

 

* * *

 

Donghae had his lunch at a nearby kimchi ramen stall. There was still some time left after he’d finish his ramen so he walked to the park where he’d been with Kyuhyun a few days ago, when they met Siwon there.

There was a water maze in the middle of the park that he loved to go to every once in a while. The water maze was a favourite hotspot for teenagers and young adults in love. It was really just a huge pool that was relatively shallow, with many coloured (and transparent) stepping stones right across the pool that acted like a bridge. They were all slightly submerged underwater so they didn’t look too obvious. Not all the stones were part of the actual bridge; in fact most of them were fake stones, although none could really tell. If somebody stepped onto the fake stones by mistake, they’d fall splash into the water immediately. Besides running the risk of falling into the water before they could reach the other side safely, there was also a possibility of two people crossing from each side of the bridge not meeting up in the middle, because there was more than one true path throughout. Legend said that if you could complete the water maze and cross the bridge without falling into the water at all, or if two people crossed simultaneously and met up in the middle, then that person is your one true love.

That was why this maze was especially popular among the young people, who wanted to try the maze for themselves. Although not many believed in the legend and only played for fun, young lovers enjoyed trying their luck to see if they could take up the challenge. Of course, they usually, if not always, ended up splashing into the pool before they were even halfway through.

Some even thought no one had ever successfully crossed the bridge before without getting wet.

The maze was oddly deserted at that time of day, and Donghae strolled quietly along the edge of the shallow pool. He reached the middle of the pool where the bridge began and he looked across the water, immediately doing a double-take when he saw somebody at the other end.

-

Eunhyuk strolled along the colourful stone path with his hands in his pockets, deep in thoughts. He recalled one or two days earlier when Donghae fled into his arms sobbing after witnessing the Kyumin scandal in the salon, when it actually made him feel bad for the boy. He had been gentle and caring towards Donghae and he actually thought that the younger looked really cute when he was crying, but not that he was a sadist or anything. He swore he felt his heart breaking little by little every time Donghae called Kyuhyun by his endearments or the other way around. Sure, as Kyuhyun’s hyung and best friend (and not to mention boss) he always looked out for him, making sure the younger stylist had everything he needed.

And wanted.

It was obvious, that both Kyuhyun and Donghae were smitten with each other at first sight. Even Kangin, who was usually oblivious to everything, mentioned something about it to him. Eunhyuk somehow didn’t have the heart to separate the both of them, plus he always liked the younger’s smile. If Kyuhyun continued making Donghae smile like that every day, then he, Eunhyuk would not mind surrendering the trainee to him at all.

Maybe.

He liked him.

Well, maybe just a little bit.

Just a tiny, tiny bit.

Eunhyuk never noticed a small rock in front of him and tripped over it clumsily, landing on his knee. He winced in pain and let out a small exclamation, but then he heard a small shriek from behind him and also the sounds of water sloshing. He turned his head around and stared at the approaching figure in surprise.

“Donghae?”

-

As soon as Donghae saw Eunhyuk tripping over the stone, he let out a yelp and started running towards him. He never even stopped to think what he was doing and why he was doing it; his first instinct was to get over to Eunhyuk’s side to help him up.

“Hyuk!!”

And of course it never even occurred to him that he was walking across the water maze, his feet making contact with every true stone step and bringing himself closer to the dazed director at the other end of the pool.

Donghae never fell. He dashed across the maze as if he’d just memorized where each true step was, his eyes focused on the other man who was slowly standing up, but in pain.

Suddenly, he stopped. Eunhyuk had stood up quite well without his help, and his feet just stopped all of a sudden. Donghae finally realized that he was almost across the water maze, with only two more steps to take in front of him. His eyes widened in realization as he glanced nervously at the transparent stone step he was standing on and the pool edge where Eunhyuk stood, who was still gazing at him with an astounded expression.

 

 

“Let’s try something, Su-ah,” Eunhyuk suggested, gesturing for his boyfriend to stay where he was while he ran around the pool towards the end of the bridge. He began stepping onto the stones, first testing gingerly with his foot before putting his whole weight on the stone.

On the other side, Junsu figured out what Eunhyuk was doing and stepped onto a stepping stone as well, intending to walk over to his boyfriend and meeting him in the middle.

They never met.

“Oops,” Eunhyuk mumbled, when the path he took diverted him away from Junsu. The latter actually looked a little disappointed they never met in the middle. Eunhyuk pulled up his pants and stepped into the shallow water, walking over to his pouting boyfriend. “Nahh, don’t believe what the legend says, Su-ah. It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter