Fights Aplenty

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Part 1 of a double update ~

 

 “Who’s this?”

Donghae asked as he ran his fingers lightly over a framed photo hung on the wall next to the television. Well, since Eunhyuk had given them permission to just scout around and Donghae felt a little chilly outside, Kyuhyun brought him into the house where it was warmer, but not before making sure that both Kangin and Kibum were nowhere in sight. They had just begun exploring the mansion, first starting with the enormous living room, which was full of all the sophisticated luxuries Donghae had ever only dreamt of.

Kyuhyun walked over to where the other was admiring the portrait on the wall. “That’s Eunhyuk’s dad. And the other one standing next to Eunhyuk is Hyukjae, his younger twin.”

“I know that,” Donghae replied, one of his fingers lingering on Hyukjae’s face. “I’ve met him before. He’s really nice and more gentlemanly than Eunhyuk. They look like they’re very close to each other in here; I wonder why their personalities are so different though?”

“Well… They used to have a very close relationship with each other,” Kyuhyun said slowly, wondering if he ought to be the one to break the news to Donghae. He later decided against it and shrugged. “Something happened a few years ago and Eunhyuk changed after that.”

“Did they quarrel?” the younger asked, turning to Kyuhyun. “Hyukjae told me that they had a fight, and that’s why he rarely appears with Eunhyuk on the same occasion. They wouldn’t even visit their poor Halmeoni together.”

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows and looked at Donghae sceptically. “When exactly did he tell you that? Was it when you went to visit Eunhyuk’s Halmeoni? I knew it – you’ve been spending a lot of time with Eunhyuk outside work, haven’t you? What exactly have you been doing with him behind my back?”

“I—no, I visited his Halmeoni with Hyukjae, not Eunhyuk,” the younger frowned, placing his hands on Kyuhyun’s. “A—and it’s not what you think either!! I promise I’m not seeing anyone else!!”

Although there was that one night when I went out with Hyukjae and he nearly kissed me on the lips…

Looking into Donghae’s puppy eyes that were literally shining with moisture, Kyuhyun forced himself to calm down as he hugged the other. “Alright. I believe you, and I’m sorry for making assumptions. It’s just that… well maybe Eunhyuk should tell you about it himself. Uhm—”

“Tell me about what?”

“Huh? Uhm, it’s nothing.”

“Kyu, please?” Donghae asked, biting his lower lip to look exactly like a lost puppy. Kyuhyun made a strangled sound in his throat before clearing it, looking around distractedly as he tried to change the topic.

“Uhh… wanna take a tour around the kitchen?”

Kyuhyun cringed on the inside when Donghae gave him a massive pout, but he nodded all the same. The stylist made a mental note to personally ask Eunhyuk if he could quite deceiving Donghae and just tell him the truth as he led the way into the kitchen, big enough to put any five-star hotel kitchens to shame. Their previous topic was soon forgotten as Donghae’s eyes began sparkling in awe at the shiny stainless steel utensils, stoves, ovens and the like.

“This is amazing!!!”

 

* * *

 

“Hyuk, can I speak with you for a second?”

Eunhyuk looked up in surprise. He thought everyone was already asleep since it was past midnight, but apparently Kyuhyun was one of the few that were still awake. He put down his cup of cocoa and gestured for Kyuhyun to sit, which he did.

“Cocoa?”

“Nah, I’m good.”

The director leaned back and made himself comfortable on the couch, staring at the younger stylist once he was done. “What did you want to say?”

“Can I tell Hae the truth?”

“Truth about what?” Eunhyuk was puzzled.

“About your twin. You’re only pretending to be him, aren’t you? How long are you planning to keep him in the dark?”

Not batting an eyelid, Eunhyuk continued staring at the other expressionlessly. “What are you talking about?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Look, Hyuk, I know that you really like Donghae and all, but he’s kind of with me right now, in case you didn’t know? It’s no use for you pretending to be Hyukjae just to fool him so that you could just spend more time with him. He’s too naïve for his own good – I can’t believe he still hasn’t figured out anything yet.”

“What makes you think I’m just trying to spend more time with him by pretending to be Jae?”

“Hyung, please. How much longer must this charade continue? Can I just tell him everything?”

The director raised his eyebrow. Kyuhyun only called him ‘hyung’ when he was desperate or dead serious. “No.”

“But why?”

Eunhyuk sighed, worried creases actually appearing on his forehead as he did so. “I know Donghae belongs to you now. I’m not doing this for myself. I’m doing this for my Halmeoni. She mustn’t find out about Jae.”

“Why fool Hae as well?”

“Because… H-He obviously feels more comfortable when he’s with ‘Hyukjae’ rather than with me… and Halmeoni likes seeing the both of us visiting her together… Trust me, Kyu, I’m not trying to steal Donghae away from you. I know my place. And besides… I’m still waiting for Su to come back…”

“Hyuk,” Kyuhyun interrupted. “Why don’t you want your Halmeoni to know about Hyukjae? I think she deserves to know, of all the people in the world. You wouldn’t lie to the person you loved the most…”

That sure sounds funny coming from me…

“She wouldn’t be able to handle it, okay?? It’s just for her own good. How am I supposed to tell her that her son and favourite grandson died in a car crash years ago just because of that… that stupid ?”

“Hyuk…”

“It’s all her freaking fault anyway!! Why did she have to destroy my family like that?? It was because of her that father and Jae went out for a drive in the storm to blow off steam after that huge argument and got killed in the crash!! Do you know how much it’s going to break Halmeoni’s heart if she knows everything?? I can’t lose her… She’s the only family I’ve got now…”

Eunhyuk was now sitting up straight on the couch, his muscles tense and fists clenched as he thought of the home wrecker that first appeared to their family disguised as an angel.

Kyuhyun sighed and threw his head back against the couch after Eunhyuk’s outburst. “You know, perhaps it’s time to let go. She must also have been devastated to know that she destroyed a family, with or without intentions. She’s human after all, and humans have a conscience.”

“She isn’t human. She’s a monster,” the dir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter