Shotgun Wedding

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STAHP!! Read the previous chapter if you haven't.

​~ Part 2 of a double update ~

You're welcome. ;)

 

It was another one of those days when both Donghae and Kyuhyun got their off-days together. Kyuhyun suggested that they spent the day with a picnic at the waterfalls, to which the younger agreed way too easily.

They set off somewhere around midday when the morning sun was high in the sky but the weather still wasn’t too hot. Donghae found a nice shady spot under a couple of trees the moment he hopped out of the car in glee, and waved happily to his boyfriend. Kyuhyun followed the eager young boy only a short while later, lugging behind him the rather large picnic basket full of goodies he’d just managed to pack in the morning.

The grass was soft and cool to the skin, and Kyuhyun found the younger all sprawled out on the ground, with an arm underneath his head for support. The stylist smiled as he set the basket down, sitting cross-legged next to Donghae who immediately shifted and plopped his head onto his lap. The sun shone down through the mosaic of leaves up above, providing them comfortable shade as the duo just enjoyed the beautiful sounds of nature in serenity, watching a few butterflies dancing gaily amongst the early buttercups on the opposite riverbank.

“Hae, baby,” Kyuhyun started, running his fingers through Donghae’s scalp and hearing the other hum in content. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking recently, and there’s something I think I ought to tell you… in fact, it’s something I should have told you a long time ago…”

Donghae’s eyes fluttered open and he stared up into the stylist’s face. “Mmh, what is it?”

“Well there are two things, actually. Uhm, firstly… About me being an undercover cop…”

The younger sat up and immediately placed his finger against Kyuhyun’s moving lips. “Wait, wait… let me guess… You have another mission to go to? Is it going to be in Korea? Or are you going overseas? Are you going to Japan?? Can I come along with you?? Please please please, I promise I won’t be a burden and get in your way but I want to see the sakura flowers so badly—”

“No, silly. I’m not going anywhere,” Kyuhyun laughed, petting his lap and indicating the younger to lie down again. “I’m not really an undercover cop.”

“Oh? Then are you secretly a spy? Why were the bad guys after you last time then?”

Kyuhyun huffed and swallowed a little nervously. “Uhm Hae, I’m also not exactly a good guy, you do know that?”

Donghae frowned and pulled on the stylist’s fingers as he fiddled with each digit. “What do you mean?”

“I—I used to be with the bad guys that were after me. You know, uhh, in a gang?”

“A gang?” Donghae echoed, his eyes turning wide. “You mean like Sungie last time?”

“Yesung-sshi was in a gang?”

 “Yeah, he used to beat up people last time. Real scary, but he’s out of it now. Were you in a gang like that too?”

Kyuhyun carefully contemplated his answer before replying. “Well, perhaps we were slightly more extreme than just beating people up and painting graffiti on the walls… you know?”

Donghae gasped. “You… you’ve killed people before?”

Biting his lips, Kyuhyun nodded subtly, his gaze never breaking contact with the younger’s. This is it, Kyuhyun thought, he’s gonna break it with me because now he knows I’m a bad guy. As expected, Donghae looked absolutely terrified for a while, but then he slowly regained his composure. “But you’re good now, right? I mean, you didn’t really want to kill all those people last time, right?”

“I—well technically I only killed on orders. I was actually… rather highly favoured in the gang last time but, uhh…”

“But you don’t do it anymore, right Kyu?” Donghae asked in a shaky voice, closing his eyes tightly as he tried to imagine his Kyuhyun striking down innocent people just because his boss told him to. It rather frightened him that he was in a very dangerous situation now should Kyuhyun suddenly decide to kill him. There was nobody around and they were alone. Perfect opportunity for any killer to strike.

“Honestly I never liked being in the gang,” the stylist said quietly, seeing very well that Donghae was trying his very best not to freak out. “And I quit because of some misunderstanding with my former leader. He’s been hunting for me ever since, and that’s why he appeared with those thugs last time. I’m not associated with them anymore.”

Donghae opened his eyes, the fear evident in the shining brown orbs. “D-do you think they’re coming for you again?”

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth and hesitated to answer. If he said no, he’d most definitely be lying because there was no way Siwon would ever let him go like that. On the other hand if he said yes, Donghae would worry even more and possibly break up with him. Call him selfish or anything, but Kyuhyun wasn’t willing to let go of the younger just yet.

In the end, he settled for a vague answer.

“Hae… I don’t know.”

Donghae got up from the elder’s lap. “Well… as long as you’re not still working on them or anything… Do Eunhyuk or the others know?”

“Only Hyuk. Kangin and the rest of the trainees and staff have no idea…”

“You never told them?”

“It’s not exactly something I’m proud of.”

“But you told me.”

“Because you’re my boyfriend and I felt bad for lying to you for months. I’m sorry.”

“Oh,” Donghae cast Kyuhyun another worried look. “You’ll stay safe even if they come for you again, right? I don’t want to see you hurt…”

“I wouldn’t be too worried about myself. I’m more worried for you, actually. They might recognize you from last time and figure out you mean a lot to me… and then you might get dragged into my mess… I’m so sorry for putting you into so much unnecessary danger…”

“It’s fine, I guess. I know you’ll be there to protect me anyway,” the younger smiled, dipping a hand into the picnic basket and fishing out an egg sandwich with… Donghae peered closely… kimchi? He shrugged and took a huge bite, offering the food to the stylist who also took a bite.

“I’ll make sure they won’t be able to even lay a single finger on your hair,” Kyuhyun promised, munching away happily. Donghae smiled and leaned into the other’s embrace as they shared the weird but delicious food, occasionally teasing one another. He clapped in delight when Kyuhyun threw a few grapes into the air and caught every single one in his mouth, making a slight bowing action in the end. The younger also attempted, in vain, to catch food with his mouth but he only ended up wasting them as they dropped to the ground. Kyuhyun reprimanded him lightly for that, making him pout and ignore him for the next five minutes but all was forgiven as soon as the elder shoved a piece of moist chocolate cake drenched heavily in sauce into Donghae’s hands. They shared the sweet treat together with Donghae eating rather messily and Kyuhyun up the chocolate syrup on the corners of the younger’s mouth thereafter although the other protested and blushed heavily when he did.

When the afternoon sun became too scorching hot, the duo packed up their things and made their way to the car after making sure that there weren’t any trash lying around. Donghae bid the beautiful waterfall goodbye as Kyuhyun loaded the empty basket into the car. He suddenly remembered something and frowned.

“Kyu, you said there were two things that you wanted to tell me but you only told me one. What’s the other thing?”

Kyuhyun threw him a lopsided grin and walked towards the younger with his hands in his pocket. “I’m glad you remembered, although I kind of hoped you didn’t because I think I kind of chickened out in the end…”

“Huh? I don’t understand…” the younger answered, tilting his head to the side as he always did when he was confused.

“You don’t have to,” the other chuckled, lacing his fingers with Donghae’s before taking a step back. “It’s more of a request, though, and I hope you’ll accept.”

“Accept? Kyu what are you talking about—”

Donghae’s hands flew to his mouth when Kyuhyun got down on one knee and pulled out a dark blue velvet box from his pocket. He opened it, showing Donghae one of the most beautiful rings he’d ever seen in his life.

The stylist chuckled when he saw Donghae’s shocked face. “Lee Donghae, I know it’s only been a few months, but I really, really love you and I wish I could make you mine for all eternity. Hae… The second thing I wanted to ask you was… Will you marry me?”

The younger was too stunned to reply and he blinked stupidly after the sudden confession and proposal. Kyuhyun knelt there and waited patiently while a gentle breeze began to blow, sending leaves and flowers spiralling towards the ground. Donghae suddenly realized that he hadn’t given his answer yet and spoke in an unsteady voice.

“Kyu… we’ve only been dating for three months odd, you know,” he started, trying very hard to prevent the tears from falling. “I—I haven’t even thought about anything like this yet…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter