Finding Out

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong peeps!!!! EXAMS ARE FREAKING OVER AND I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!

AND OH MY GOODNESS 11 NEW SUBS AND AN UPVOTE... I LOVE YOU PEOPLE TO BITSSSSS.... XDD

THANK YOU JungMaeRi FOR THE UPVOTE!!! 사랑해!!! <3

 

“Well you see, it’s like this. The Stylist Showdown is supposed to be a competition for local aspiring stylists to compete against each other to clench the title ‘Stylist of the Year’. It’s very prestigious and highly viewed upon as a standard for producing the nation’s top stylists. I’m pretty sure you understand, seeing as to where you have come from.”

“I understand, sir, but please continue.”

“This year, however, we smelt something fishy. Word has spread that the organizers have invited a top French stylist to compete against our representative. And the best part is, the winner of the last semi-finals round somehow could not make it to the finals, however there is a boy taking over his place. We do not know why and how, however this is very much of our concern. First of all, we never sent the boy in; he just appeared today out of the blue. Secondly, we have never heard of the boy before, although rumour has it that his father runs a barber shop.”

“And your point is?”

“We smell foul play. Something is telling me that the entire competition is staged and the poor boy is just a small pawn in a bigger plan. I happen to have a very reliable source that tells me there is a connection between the competition organizers and the French company that the stylist works for. I think they are planning to take advantage of this competition for their own agenda; for what, I am still not sure, but it definitely means that our pride is at stake. They are probably trying to advertise their fashion products by playing dirty against an inexperienced Korean stylist. Our pride, as Koreans, are at stake.”

“Wait, why are you telling me all of this? What are you planning to do? What has this got to do with me?”

“Ahh, here is the part where you come in. Eunhyuk-sshi, you are one of the best stylists and also the most famous in the whole of Korea. I, as Minister of International Affairs, humbly ask for you to represent Korea in this massive competition. We know that you can definitely win against the French stylist, and restore the pride of our nation. Are you up for the challenge?”

“Bwo? You want me to take over the kid? What about him?”

“Poor boy, I’m afraid you might have to force him off. He probably doesn’t know a thing about the hidden intentions behind the competition. But I have read through the competition rules, and surprisingly enough it never mentioned anything about switching competitors halfway through the competition, so I guess that’s a lucky loophole on our side.”

“I understand, sir. May I bring along a few more of my co-stylists as well?”

“Yes, please, the more the merrier. Just remember, by all means, you HAVE to win this competition. The entire nation is counting on you.”

“I understand.”

“Good luck to you, and thank you so much.”

­* * *

After both Donghae and Ryeowook were both unceremoniously kicked out of the competition, the former was fuming with anger. Ryeowook trailed behind, still hugging the precious bag of tools the second guy had shoved at him earlier. If he remembered well, his name was Kyuhyun. Ryeowook could only follow his long-time friend around as Donghae muttered profanities under his breath, cursing the pompous Eunhyuk for embarrassing him like that in front of so many people. Who did he think he was anyway, and why was he supposed to know him? He’d never seen the jerk before in his life, and he had the nerve to do that to him.

Donghae stayed back long enough just to find out that the rude and pompous Eunhyuk had won. He stomped off towards the exit the moment the host announced the winners, while still rubbing his . Kangin hadn’t exactly been gentle with them earlier. Donghae hurried off to look for the weird man he signed the contract with and found him just at the entrance, arguing with the host who had just got off the stage.

“I DIDN’T KNOW HE WAS GOING TO BARGE IN LIKE THAT!! IT WASN’T MY FAULT!!”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WASN’T YOUR FAULT?? I TOLD YOU TO FIND A SIMPLE SUBSTITUTE FOR THE GUY WHO QUIT, AND YOU COULDN’T EVEN MAKE SURE HE STAYED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE THING!!!”

“I DID FIND A SUBSTITUTE, OKAY?? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN EASY TO BEAT!! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT FAMOUS DUDE WOULD JUST TAKE OVER LIKE THAT??”

“WELL I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU KNOW OR NOT!! IT WAS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE WE WON BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN’T TAKE YOUR JOB SERIOUSLY. YOU’RE FIRED!!!!”

“YOU CAN’T FIRE ME, YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS!!!”

Donghae waited impatiently for the two people to stop bickering so that he could do a little yelling on his own, too. In the end, two big and bulky guards had to intervene and literally drag the two men who were starting to throw punches at each other. The brunette then decided to just forget about the yelling and humiliation, and began to walk home. It was a long way to walk, but he needed to think. Ryeowook saw the brunette walking off without him and shouted for him to wait up. Donghae ignored the yells and continued walking, forcing the younger assistant to run after him while still hugging the big leather bag of tools. It was actually really very heavy for a small and petite guy like him, but he had already grown used to Donghae ordering him to do this and that for him so he just bore with it.

After about half an hour of walking, Donghae finally reached his father’s old and worn barber shop. It was actually their house, with the living room somehow converted into the shop, installed with numerous mirrors and worn leather seats.

“Dad, I’m back!!”

Donghae walked into the shop and sat down heavily on a chair. Business was slow, so there wasn’t anybody in the shop. Ryeowook was practically out of breath when he finally reached the door and nearly collapsed on the floor. The elder flinched and giggled when Ryeowook landed on his for the second time that day.

“Sorry Wookie, but you looked so funny,” Donghae defended himself when the little guy on the floor sent him a grimacing look.

“Ahh, my boys are back already?? How did the competition go?”

Donghae’s dad came out of the kitchen and sat himself down on his favourite spot, holding a plate of Beijing fried rice in his hands. “Lunch is in there if you’re hungry.” Ryeowook immediately disappeared into the kitchen.

Sighing in frustration, Donghae threw his hands in the air as leaned back against the chair. He started telling his father about the humiliating scene that happened that morning, and how much he loathed the man, Eunhyuk, for embarrassing him like that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter