New Faces

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Attention, everyone!!”

Everybody looked up from their tasks and saw Eunhyuk at the lounge. A few curious ones even took a few steps closer to see what it was about. Donghae was no exception. He thought he could see a figure hiding behind the director and he shifted his place to see who it was, but all he could make out was a smaller, shorter figure than Eunhyuk himself.

Eunhyuk gave a short nod when he noticed that he had everybody’s attention. “I have a small announcement to make,” he said, finally stepping aside to expose the person behind him.

A hushed silence fell over the salon staff as they saw the petite figure take a small step forward, giving them a small wave.

Donghae’s eyes widened in surprise. The person took a shy bow, introducing himself to the salon staff in a bashful voice.

“Good morning, my name is Kim Ryeowook, but you can just call me ‘Wook’. Pleased to meet you all.”

Whispers arose from the other stylists and Donghae was pretty sure he’d heard a few girls giggling and calling him ‘cute’. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, but he was really curious as to what Ryeowook was doing here. Eunhyuk seemed to have heard Donghae’s silent question and provided an answer.

“Ryeowook here will be our new trainee, and he will join us for work today. You people can get acquainted with him later during lunchtime. Alright, that is all. Please go back to your stations now.” The director clapped his hands again and everybody immediately dispersed, except Donghae.

Ryeowook had already caught sight of Donghae ever since he stepped foot into the salon, and he couldn’t help smiling to himself when he saw the shocked look on the elder. Donghae was still standing there, mouth agape like a goldfish. Ryeowook bounded up to him happily to wake him from his daze.

“Hae hyung!! Surprise!! I bet you never thought of seeing me here, right??”

“W-Wookie?” Donghae finally spoke up. “What are you doing here?”

Ryeowook grinned. He knew Donghae would ask him that question. “To work?”

“But why?”

“Well actually, it was Uncle Geng who encouraged us to come.”

Donghae raised his eyebrow. “What do you mean, ‘us’? And why didn’t dad tell me earlier? Did you leave him in his shop all alone just to come and work here???”

“Whoa, slow down, Hae hyung. ‘Us’, meaning Hyung and I; Uncle Geng wanted us to come and surprise you but Sungie wouldn't budge; and no I didn’t, because Chullie-imo is with him right now.” Ryeowook smiled, clinging on to Donghae’s arm. “It’s so nice to see you again!! We haven’t really talked to each other since… well… uhm, since that incident…”

Donghae blew air into his cheeks and tried shrugging off Ryeowook’s hands. “Yeah, about that. I haven’t exactly forgiven you yet, you know.”

The younger of the two pouted and jutted out his bottom lip. “I’m sorry, Hae hyung. I really am. Please forgive me…?”

Donghae gave him a look like he was contemplating for a long time and made Ryeowook get anxious with every passing second. However he soon burst out laughing and messed up the younger’s perfectly styled hair as he walked towards the lockers to fetch something. “Sure. I actually forgot all about it, to be honest. I guess I kind of have to thank you too.”

That piped Ryeowook’s interest, who followed after him like an obedient little dog. “Thank me? Why? Oh, I get it,” he whispered, getting Donghae worried for a second as he looked around. “The guys are really handsome here!! Did you get yourself one already, Hae hyung?”

The elder was a little surprised at how accurate his dongsaeng was at guessing. He blushed a slight red, and that was enough for Ryeowook to confirm his suspicions.

“You did!!” Ryeowook squealed, clinging on to Donghae for all that was worth. “Who is he? Who is he? Is he the director??”

“N-No,” Donghae stammered, the mere thought of being in a relationship with Eunhyuk scaring him out of his mind.

“Then who is he? C’mon, please, you got yourself a boyfriend and you didn’t even tell your best friend!!” The younger showed him a sad pouty face, nudging him in the sides.

Donghae laughed and was just about to reply when suddenly a tall figure appeared behind him and spoke in a deep, but familiar, voice.

“Good morning gentlemen, and what, may I ask, are the both of you doing here, chatting, instead of outside, working?”

Ryeowook yelped and detached himself from Donghae immediately, turning around to see Kyuhyun standing behind them, arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

“Well?”

“I’m sorry sir!! Please don’t blame Donghae for chatting; it was my fault!!” Ryeowook apologized immediately, bowing ninety degrees on behalf of the two of them.

Kyuhyun sniggered and Ryeowook looked up in confusion, seeing Donghae’s ears turning beet red as the stylist casually slipped an arm around his waist and held it tight. Donghae was biting on his bottom lip and fighting the blush on his face. Ryeowook understood immediately and he had to struggle to hold in a squeal. “Hae hyung!! Hae hyung!! It’s him?? Hae hyung!!” He simply could not think of coherent words to form a sentence and that was all he could come up with.

The stylist chuckled again and pecked Donghae on his head, who turned an even brighter shade of pink. “Yes, I’m his boyfriend, and you’d better go see Hyuk in his office before he starts throwing a tantrum at you, new guy. Trust me, you don’t want to get into his bad books on the first day.”

“Okay!! I’ll be going now; and congrats, Hae hyung!!”

Ryeowook happily skipped out of the locker room, leaving the two people inside. As soon as he was out of sight, Donghae pried himself away from Kyuhyun’s hold and started rummaging through his locker silently, looking for the thing he came for in the first place.

“I never knew your friend could be so cute, Hae. I have a feeling I might end up liking him very much.”

Donghae turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter