Declaring War

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 3 new subs and thankyu flying_art for upvoting!! :)

 

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Hyuk.”

“Explain this,” Eunhyuk said in a low tone, shoving the morning newspaper in the younger’s face.

Kyuhyun took a step back and took the newspaper in his hands. As expected, both he and Sungmin made the headlines for their little escapade yesterday.

He flinched reading the large title splashed across the front page in bright red letters.

[NO MORE KANGMIN?? KYUMIN INSTEAD!!]

Right underneath the big title was a huge picture of them kissing. The photo had been edited so that Kangin’s face also appeared next to them, but with a red cross over his face. The caption read: “International supermodel Lee Sungmin kissing national top stylist Cho Kyuhyun after witnessing his boyfriend cheating on him.”

Eunhyuk snatched the paper back from Kyuhyun, who was busy facepalming himself at the moment. “This is just great…”

“Oh, so now you know,” the director sneered, reading the article next to the picture. “What was in your head? Why did you kiss him?”

“He begged me to. I couldn’t bear seeing him so broken so I complied,” he shrugged. “No real harm done.”

“What do you mean?” Eunhyuk stopped reading to glare at the younger. “Did you know how much you made Donghae cry yesterday because of that one kiss? I know you were just trying to help Min out but seriously, did you even consider Donghae’s feelings at all? He was heartbroken. He couldn’t even stand straight after sobbing for nearly an hour in my office. I had to send him back home for the rest of the day; luckily his father wasn’t home so I didn’t have to give any awkward explanations.”

“I know,” Kyuhyun whispered quietly, immediately dropping his nonchalant act when it concerned Donghae. “I haven’t been able to apologize to him properly yet.”

“I suggest you do it today. You know later Min would be coming over for his photoshoot. Clarify things with Donghae before he comes. I don’t want another sobbing boy in my office today.”

“Yes, Hyuk.”

The door opened and Donghae stepped inside, a little surprised at the two men chatting so near the entrance. “Morning,” he said, dipping his head slightly and walking to his locker.

Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow at Kyuhyun and nodded his head in Donghae’s direction. “Go,” he mouthed.

Kyuhyun took in a deep breath before walking briskly to catch up with the younger. “Hae, wait!”

Donghae stopped walking and turned around after a while. “Yes, Kyu?”

“About yesterday… I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to be.”

“Excuse me?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion.

“It was me. You didn’t do anything wrong, it’s just… I thought too much,” Donghae smiled politely. “Don’t worry about anything. I’m fine. I know you’re not really dating Sungmin and it’s just an act. If anything, I should be sorry for worrying you.”

“Hae… I’m sorry if you’re upset.”

“I told you I’m fine, Kyu.”

“He’s coming over later,” Kyuhyun said quietly, not knowing what reaction to expect from Donghae.

The younger just replied with a small “oh.”

“For a photoshoot, and I’m going to be his stylist. Um well… would you like to be my assistant, Hae?”

“Me?” Donghae’s eyes grew wide. “I—I don’t think I can help you very much, I’m not really skilled in anything…”

“It’s alright, you can do the basic stuff for me. Or, you can just stand there and watch me. I’ll introduce you to him properly too. What do you say?” Kyuhyun asked, liking the genuine smile that the younger was sporting.

“I’d love to!! Thanks, Kyu!!” Donghae squealed, throwing his arms around Kyuhyun’s body and hugging him tight. He suddenly realized what he was doing and immediately let go of the stylist. “S-sorry.”

Kyuhyun leaned down to connect his lips with Donghae’s forehead briefly. “You don’t have to be,” he breathed, making the younger blush. “I like you.”

Donghae’s breath caught in his throat. “Kyu…”

Kyuhyun reached for Donghae’s trembling hands, holding them tight. “I like you, Hae. I really do. I’m hoping that you’ll give me a chance. Although I don’t really know what your ual preference is…”

“I’m… I’m not as… um… straight… as you think… I am…”

“That’s great,” Kyuhyun smiled, tugging gently at Donghae’s hands, pulling the younger closer to him. “I know I might be dangerous, and the fact that Siwon is still after me also inevitably puts you in danger as well. But I promise to protect you at all costs... and I guess what I really wanted to say is… Donghae, will you be my boyfriend?”

Donghae’s eyes grew big and a little watery, hesitating with his answer. Kyuhyun waited patiently for his response, perhaps just a little anxiously.

“Kyu…”

“Yeah?”

“Ilikeyoutoo.”

Donghae averted his eyes from Kyuhyun, feeling his face heating up in embarrassment. He felt himself enveloped into a hug, so he hugged back. “Is that a ‘yes’?”

The younger nodded shyly, and Kyuhyun pulled themselves apart, holding Donghae’s chin so that he could look into his eyes.

Then, softly, gently, and slowly, he dipped his head down so their lips could meet, closing his eyes at the same time. Donghae’s eyes fluttered shut as well, feeling the elder’s lips against his own, taking in the wonderful peaches and apricot scent that was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun kept the kiss sweet and chaste, pecking continuously at Donghae’s mouth.

Little did the newly formed couple know that the director was just standing at the door to their lockers unseen, smiling sadly at the youngest male in the room.

I think I like you too.

* * *

Kyuhyun and Donghae pattered out of the lockers after a while, meeting up with a smirking Eunhyuk who apparently just came out of his office.

“I see what you did there…” Eunhyuk whispered to Kyuhyun in a singsong voice, making the younger clear his throat awkwardly. Eunhyuk stopped teasing and he turned all serious suddenly, the smile vanishing from his face. Donghae was a little shocked at the transformation, and he wondered if his boss was bipolar all the time.

“Kyu, Min has just arrived with his manager, and the commercial rep is asking for you. He wants to discuss his concepts with you, it seems.”

Kyuhyun nodded and gave Donghae a reassuring smile before heading towards the lounge. Eunhyuk then focused his attention on Donghae.

“I assume Kyu has already told you he wants you to be his assistant for today?”

Donghae nodded, nervously wringing his hands together. “Yes, sir.”

“Your first job is to see to the client. Go and help Sungmin and his manager; get him drinks and stuff like that. Make him comfortable. Understand?”

“R-Really?”

Eunhyuk frowned. “What do you mean?”

“I’m actually going to… help… with Sungmin-sshi… in person??”

“Yes, what’s the big deal? We get famous customers all the time. You’d better get used to it.”

Donghae bowed, his heart thumping twice as fast. Okay, so he got a little upset over the kissing thing yesterday, but Sungmin was still his celebrity crush, and the thought of meeting… and serving… the supermodel finally sank into Donghae’s excited little fanboy mind.

“Yes, sir!!”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. How typical of a fan meeting his idol.

“They’re in the exclusive VIP waiting room upstairs. The photoshoot is going to be up there too. Kyu should also be there already. Now, go.”

Donghae didn’t need to be told twice. He galloped up the stairs happily. Once he reached the top of the stairs, he gently knocked on the door to the VIP room.

“Come in.”

He opened the door hesitantly and stepped in, sighing in relief when he saw that Kyuhyun was also in there, but he was busy discussing something with another man. Donghae’s eyes flew around the huge room, immediately spotting Sungmin perfectly poised on the cushioned sofa and his manager sitting on a dressing chair across the supermodel.

Sungmin smiled and waved politely at Donghae, while the latter bashfully waved back. Kyuhyun spotted the younger and gave him a small smile, making Donghae feel all warm and bubbly inside.

Approaching the supermodel, Donghae took a bow. “My name is Donghae, and I’ll be assisting Kyuhyun-sshi today. Uhm, may I get you something?”

The supermodel chuckled, and Donghae could barely hold himself from squealing out loud at the beautiful gurgle. Sungmin’s voice sounded so much better in real life than in all the commercial shoots on television.

“Aww, aren’t you such a cutie!!” Sungmin giggled, clapping his hands together. Donghae felt his ears burning up from Sungmin calling him a cutie in front of everybody. What was he supposed to say in return?

“Uhm, thank you?”

Sungmin laughed again. “You’re so adorable. No, I don’t need anything at the moment, thank you very much, Donghae-sshi.”

Kyuhyun just finished discussing with the commercial rep and walked over to the duo, wrapping his arms around Donghae’s waist and maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter