Kyuhyun's Past

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 4 new subbies and thanks to sujumadness, marjorine and annazzzzz for upvoting!! ^_^

This chapter consists mainly of flashbacks from Kyuhyun's POV, hope you guys aren't too confused after reading it... XP

 

 “Bummie-yah, look at me.”

Kibum blinked away his unshed tears and raised his head to look straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“Don’t cry, Bummie-yah,” Kyuhyun whispered, holding Kibum’s chin and hypnotizing the elder with his dark, mysterious eyes. “Smile for me, please?”

Kibum forced a wan smile before his eyes drooped back to their original position. He couldn’t help feeling desolate even though today was supposed to be his big day.

Kyuhyun knew the smile was fake because the elder’s eyes never even lit up. Usually, Kibum wore such a beautiful smile on his handsome face that would make Kyuhyun feel butterflies in his stomach every time he saw it. Today Kyuhyun could not see life in Kibum’s eyes at all. They were a pair of the dullest, saddest-looking eyes he’d ever seen before in his life. Seeing his love like that made his heart shatter into pieces. How much he wanted to just swoop down and kiss him senseless right then, but this was not the time to do it. He had to get his boyfriend ready for the wedding.

And the worst part of all, Kyuhyun was not the groom.

“Bummie-yah, please, be happy? Today is supposed to be all about you, you know…” Kyuhyun tried starting a light conversation with the elder; he didn’t know if any of the henchmen were eavesdropping on them. “You really ought to smile at least, or else other people, especially the guests, won’t buy it.”

Kibum shifted in his seat and took in a deep breath, trying to will away the tears he felt gathering at the corners of his eyes. “You know I don’t want this, Kyu-ah.”

“I know,” said Kyuhyun, quietly. “I never thought it would turn out this way either.”

“It feels so itchy,” the elder complained, tugging at his frilly collar underneath the white tuxedo he was wearing. “I don’t want to go through any of this, Kyu-ah… Please…”

“I’m sorry, I can’t do anything about it, Bummie-yah…” Kyuhyun replied, a single tear rolling down his cheek. He hastily wiped it away before he thought Kibum saw it.

Every time Kyuhyun dreamed of Kibum getting married, it was getting married to him, and not to anyone else. He never thought he would live to see the day when his beloved would be walking down the aisle, into someone else’s arms, instead of his. The mere thoughts of it stabbed like a thousand knives into his heart. At first when he heard of it, he wanted to cry, he wanted to yell, he wanted to scream out in frustration and agony. He was heartbroken. But it wasn’t Kibum’s fault at all; he didn’t cheat on Kyuhyun. On the contrary, he was forced into marriage.

To Choi Siwon, the most feared underground mafia boss of all Hong Kong.

Kibum suddenly laughed miserably, startling Kyuhyun from his thoughts. His heart just couldn’t hold on any longer.

“Bummie?”

“I can’t believe it. Kyu-ah, do you know how much I hate my father right now?”

“Bummie don’t say that—”

“No!! I can freaking say what I want!! It’s because of the stupid bastard that I am now in this mess!! Do you know how much pain I’m in right now, Kyu?? Do you even feel what I’m feeling inside me?? I didn’t want all of this!! Why??? Just, why????? WHY???”

Kyuhyun kept quiet and just let his soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend lash out in fury. Actually, he understood how he felt; it was just like a sense of déjà vu all over again. Kibum knew his past, but he was just heated in a moment of anger and spilled out all those hurtful words on his father, not bothering anymore that he was also tearing open Kyuhyun’s healed wounds in his heart.

Sighing, he grabbed hold of Kibum’s clenched fists and pulled the man back down on the chair, caressing the soft knuckles he loved so much, knowing it was the last few moments he was able to spend with Kibum alone again.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s father had been a gambler. However much Kyuhyun’s mother tried her best to stop her husband’s gambling addiction, it never worked, and his father would be back at the game even worse than before. When his father went bankrupt, he started borrowing money from illegal money-lenders to continue feeding his bad habit. Choi Siwon was one of the people he’d borrowed money from. At first, Kyuhyun’s father was really delighted when it paid off a little bit, but when he was demanded to pay up his debt, he realized that even with what little money he had won, it still wasn’t enough to cover all his debt. Even after he sold his house and possessions, the funds still weren’t sufficient. After many life-threats from Siwon, the mafia boss himself, he struck up a deal in desperation to save his own skin.

He would hand over his only son to them.

At that time, Kyuhyun was barely eight years old.

Siwon agreed to the transaction and thus, a scared and howling Kyuhyun exchanged hands. Siwon took a liking to the boy and looked after him well, but Kyuhyun had never quite known anything outside his mafia world. He was particularly trained in the areas of hand-to-hand combat and even obtained a black belt in both taekwondo and judo. He was especially of great use to Siwon, or godfather as he called him, whenever he needed to ‘take someone down’. Kyuhyun always succeeded in his ‘missions’, and that alone was enough for Siwon to dub him his favourite godson of all.

He had always had a thing for fashion and style. He never formally went to college, but picked up his talents from books, magazines, television programs and the like. Being a stylist was his cover every time he thought the police had their eyes on him, and he was never found out.

 

 

Kib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter