Dating, Dating

Never Planned to Fall in Love with You [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days simply flew by and it was already the end of the week. Kyuhyun knew something was up between his boyfriend and the director; however he chose to keep mum about it, seeing that Donghae wasn’t telling him anything about it. He knew the younger would tell him everything… eventually.

It was Valentine’s Day on Friday, and Kyuhyun purposely brought Donghae out to an expensive restaurant for dinner that evening. Donghae’s eyes nearly popped out when he saw the price range, but Kyuhyun assured him that it was alright to order anything he liked on the menu. After a very pricey dinner (Donghae already tried ordering the cheapest things they had), Kyuhyun insisted on dessert although the younger protested, simply because the stylist saw that extra shine in Donghae’s eyes seeing the variety of chocolate desserts on display at the counter. They ended up sharing a heart-shaped moist chocolate brownie with hot chocolate sauce, served with a side of vanilla ice cream, also drizzled with the rich sauce. Donghae thought he died and went to paradise when the brownie simply melted on his tongue, drowning his mouth in that sinfully delicious chocolate taste. Kyuhyun smiled at the blissful look on his boyfriend’s face each time he took a bite. Donghae would close his eyes to savour the moment, and the stylist couldn’t help thinking how cute he looked when he did that.

Kyuhyun drove him out to the Han River after eating, where a few other couples were also spending the last of the day together. The day wasn’t completely over yet, and the sky was an intriguing mass of colours with blue, pink and purple hues. Gradually the night began to fall, a dark and velvety blanket with hints of stars sparkling throughout the sky like tiny little diamonds shimmering in the dark.

It was beautiful, albeit a little cold. Kyuhyun acknowledged the fact when he felt Donghae shivering, and he was about to take off his jacket to drape it on the younger’s shoulders when he felt Donghae’s hand stopping him. Kyuhyun looked at his boyfriend in surprise who only shook his head, a worried look on his face, silently telling him it was alright. The stylist smiled and ped his jacket nonetheless. Instead of taking it off, he pulled Donghae closer and wrapped the jacket around his chilly body. Donghae let his head rest on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and they stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other’s presence. The younger could see his condensed breath mingle with the elder’s own in swirly white mists, and for a moment there he simply stared at Kyuhyun’s lips, wanting nothing more than to kiss them. He blushed.

“Hae.”

Donghae lifted his head to look at Kyuhyun and he found their lips meeting. His eyes fluttered shut and he smiled into the kiss. They disconnected after a short while and Kyuhyun began peppering kisses on the younger’s cheeks, nose, corners of the mouth and everywhere else except his lips.

“I love you.”

Kyuhyun pulled away to look Donghae in the eyes with a loving gaze as he repeated those three words again. Donghae wanted to say the same to Kyuhyun, that he loved him as well, but then suddenly Eunhyuk’s face flashed though his mind at the spur of the moment, making him hesitate. The stylist detected the hesitation and nodded sadly.

“It’s okay, Hae. I’ll wait till you’re ready to say them back to me. I still love you,” Kyuhyun whispered, resting their foreheads together.

“I-I’m sorry, Kyu.”

“I understand.”

About twenty minutes later, Kyuhyun decided that it was getting quite late already, so he brought Donghae home. They shared another goodbye kiss before the younger retreated into his home while Kyuhyun drove off into the night.

That night, Donghae could barely sleep a wink. He wasn’t exactly looking forward to the next day very much, especially since it meant he would somehow be cheating on Kyuhyun while he went out with Hyukjae on that pretend date just to make Halmeoni happy. Kyuhyun was not exactly the type to be jealous, and he was pretty sure the stylist would understand once he explained himself, but Donghae still couldn’t get away that awful feeling in his gut he felt for keeping Kyuhyun in the dark.

After endless tossing and turning around in bed, Donghae finally fell into a fitful sleep, dreaming of going on dates with first Kyuhyun then Hyukjae and Eunhyuk, and then all of them turning on him together when they realised he’d been cheating on them with one another.

Poor Donghae. The guilt was eating him alive.

 

* * *

 

“Hae, I can’t do this anymore. I’m breaking up with you.”

“No, please Kyu, I’m so sorry… Kyu… Please don’t go…”

 

“KYU!!!” Donghae screamed, turning over to grab a hold of Kyuhyun’s jacket. He tugged at the clothes, yelping in surprise when he found himself tumbling out of bed onto the floor.

“Kyu… hyun??”

Donghae stared blankly at the blankets and bedclothes in his grasp. His mind was still rather disoriented and it took him a moment to realise it was only a dream. Or a nightmare.

He picked himself and the sheets off the floor, throwing his alarm clock a glance.

“Shoot!! Hyukjae’s gonna be here any minute now!!”

He quickly threw his bedclothes onto the bed and dashed into the bathroom to clean up. He was freaking late, and he didn’t want Hyukjae to find him in such a dishevelled state. At first Donghae thought he wanted to skip the morning shave, but after rubbing his chin and wondering how the stubble miraculously grew overnight he decided he couldn’t skip after all.

Shaving took a painstaking fifteen minutes since at first he mistook the toothpaste for his shaving cream and had to hunt for it for a few minutes. Then he found out that he had to change the razor blade and that took another minute or two. By the time he emerged out of the bathroom, he only had about two minutes to put together an outfit, brush his hair and eat breakfast before Hyukjae arrived. That was, if he arrived on time. Perhaps the twin would be a little late because he hadn’t been to his house before and needed directions from his twin. However Donghae’s little hopes of at least a few minutes more of extended time were dashed when he heard his dad outside, greeting someone who sounded exactly like Eunhyuk. Or Hyukjae, he couldn’t tell.

Donghae squealed and threw the clothes he was holding into the air. The normally messy room was even messier than usual now with the clothes all over the place, especially since Ryeowook hardly spent the night with him together nowadays.

He hurriedly pulled on an oversized sweater and hopped into a pair of snug jeans, wiggling his legs into the tight fabric and hopping about just to make the garment fit at his waist. He in a deep breath and buttoned up his skinny jeans, not daring to sigh too hard for fear of the button popping off.

(Perhaps he needed to hit the gym more often, he sadly thought.)

A knock sounded at his door.

“Donghae-sshi? Are you in there?”

Donghae was trying his hardest to breathe regularly with the tight jeans he had on, but he could barely talk. A squeak was more manageable, though.

“Donghae-sshi?”

“C-Coming…” Donghae managed to (not) squeak, making his way to the door. He swung it open by an inch and his date for the day gave him a smile.

“Are you okay?” Eunhyuk asked, his smile vanishing when he saw the younger’s constipated face. “Uhm, did I come too early?”

“Ahh, no… It’s fine…” Donghae gasped.

“Sorry, I uhh, started out early because I was afraid I’d get lost with hyung’s directions…”

 

Yeah right, Hyuk. You just couldn’t wait to see Donghae’s face again. But come to think of it, that was quite the perfect excuse…

 

Donghae walked cautiously to his bed and sat down slowly, holding his breath all the time. Eunhyuk peeked in and saw the mess in the room. He misunderstood the whole situation, including Donghae’s hobble.

“Did you and Kyuhyun… last night… uhh… get intimate?”

“WHAT?”

Donghae let out his whole breath and his belly strained against the jeans button, popping it off immediately. He shrieked and quickly pushed Eunhyuk out of the room (whom he still thought was Hyukjae) before his jeans came sliding down. He felt his face getting red with embarrassment over what almost happened and what the twin thought he did with Kyuhyun last night.

“Donghae-sshi? Seriously, are you alright?”

“Yes, yes I’m fine. Uhh, why don’t you wait at the living room for a while? I’ll be right out…” Donghae yelled through the door, now digging through the piles of clothing on the floor looking for a decent pair of pants.

“Do you need some help?”

Donghae sat in the middle of his floor and eyed the clothes messily strewn all over the floor. He’d never find an outfit decent enough in time, so why not. He quickly discarded the more embarrassing items before mumbling a “yes, I think so.”

Eunhyuk pushed open the door. Donghae had slipped into his pajama pants again and was rummaging through the clothes on the floor. The younger was still blushing a bright pink from earlier on.

“Wardrobe malfunction?” the elder asked in amusement.

“Yeah, pretty much,” Donghae sighed, giving up and sprawling on the bed.

“Here, let me help,” Eunhyuk offered, carefully stepping over the clothes on the floor and going through the younger’s clothes closet. He pulled out a grey-coloured T shirt and a pair of matching grey sweats, nodding in approval when he put the pieces together. He then proceeded to take out a red-checker jacket with blue denim sleeves and threw the coordinates playfully at Donghae.

“There, I think that’ll work alright. I’ll go and see if I can find you a suitable pair of shoes outside. I think I have a pair in my car that might just fit you quite well,” the twin said, before exiting and closing the door behind him.

Donghae stared at the clothes on his bed. Well, Hyukjae’s brother is an internationally celebrated stylist, so the younger twin’s fashion sense couldn’t be too bad, right? Donghae slipped easily into the casual outfit, happy that he didn’t have to hold in his tummy for these pants like the other pair of jeans.

He caught sight of himself in the mirror. Wow, I actually look really good, he thought. (Donghae's outfit)

Just then, Eunhyuk returned with a pair of white hip hop dancing shoes. “Here, I think they can fit you. These babies would complete your look.”

Donghae put them on and smiled at himself in the mirror. The shoes fit perfectly well. “Wow, Hyukjae-sshi, I never expected you to be carrying shoes like these wherever you go. They’re beautiful.”

“Thanks, you can keep them if you like them so much. Take it as my way of saying thank you for agreeing to go out with me,” Eunhyuk said.

“Really? Thanks so much, Hyukjae-sshi!! I love them!!”

“It’s no problem at all, Donghae-sshi. By the way, do you want me to do your hair for you?”

“My hair?”

Donghae’s hand flew to his hair, running through the strands. “Oh, right. Uhm, I kind of woke up late so I haven’t done anything to it yet…”

“Would you like me to do it for you?”

“Could you?” Donghae asked, curiosity sparked. “I thought it was Eunhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter