My Heart ~ Seven

My Heart

Sihyun's Point of View
It was a winter day, snowy and sparkly all around the sidewalk. I stared outside the cafe window, admiring the scenery. Three years had passed, I was in my second year of university. Of course I was still with Kyuhyun, same with YoonHee, MinMi and HaeRi. In fact, I was waiting for HaeRi at the cafe with Kyuhyun as they were twenty minutes late. "I'm leaving." Kyuhyun stood up. "Prince Kyu~~ Just wait a bit longer~?" I gave him my cutest face. He sat down again and pinched my red cheeks. "Don't make that face again, I'm serious." I pouted, it was cuter than before. "Or that one."

Nari and Donghae arrived a few minutes later. "Mianhae, Sihyun-ah, Kyuhyun oppa." She said to us. I shook my head to say it was okay. Kyuhyun, on the other hand jokingly got mad at Donghae. "Hyung, you better have a good excuse." Donghae shrugged. "What can I say? We took a quick detour." Nari blushed, I cringed. "...Please tell me you just went to the aquarium or something." I said. "Not exactly, I bought her a promise ring." My eyes lit up. "Let me see!" I grabbed Nari's hand, it was a silver ring with a blue topaz jewel in the shape of a heart. Kyuhyun showed off my own ring. "Oh yeah, well I have an engagement ring." Donghae rolled his eyes. "Psh. Whatever, Kyuhyun." The two boys pretend fought to make me and Nari laugh. "Our boyfriends sure are a good match with us." I nodded in agreement.

"Du du du~" I hummed a small tune as I washed my hands. We decided to go to the theme park, there was always a nice wintery theme during the... well, winter. I came out of the washroom with Nari. "Okay, we're ready." Donghae gestured to the door before us. "Then let us depart." This time Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "Cough! Grandpa! Cough!" Donghae donned a crackly voice. "What was that, sonny? I can't hear ya!" Everyone laughed.

"So, ferris wheel?" I turned red. Ever since that whole "awkward moment" between Kyuhyun and I a few years back, even though he was my boyfriend, he and I were still a bit nervous about the thing. I wouldn't admit it though. "...Sure..." Kyuhyun nodded silently and slowly. Nari nudged me. "Something wrong?" I shook my head. "Nope, none at all! Let's go!"

 
Donghae and I stepped into the ferris wheel's carriage. "Hey, aren't you going to come?" Nari shook her head frantically. "Just a second, I think I dropped my ring!" Donghae's eyes went a bit wider than they were supposed to. "What?" Kyuhyun was also not in the carriage yet, he was tying his shoe. The attendant was about to close the door. "Uh... Kyuhyun, help Nari look for the ring!" Kyuhyun looked up. "What? Oh, okay." He almost looked relieved that he wouldn't have to ride the ferris wheel. The door latched and Donghae and I went up.
 
I was sitting on the opposite of the carriage to Donghae. "Sihyun-ah, I have something to say." "I know! Don't worry, Nari will find it." Donghae took out the ring out of his pocket. "You mean this one? But that's not what I want to talk about." I gasped. Why did he have it? But I nodded my head. "Okay. What did you want to say?" Donghae came to my side of the carriage. "Wah, oppa, you're shaking the carriage!" I braced myself. "It's okay." Donghae pressed my lips to his. It was wrong. But also exciting. Thrilling. A guilty pleasure.
 
"WHAT THE HELL?!" I heard a voice shout as some latches unlocked. It was Kyuhyun. I was really worried, did Kyuhyun see me and Donghae... you know. I was ready to apologize, I didn't even know why I didn't push him away. Didn't I do the same to Kyuhyun a few years ago? "Hyung, why do you have the ring?!" He yelled, pointing out the jewelery that just fell out of Donghae's pocket. I sighed in relief but I felt terribly wrong. Donghae, looked happy, almost smug. It gave me a chill up my spine. "Whoops. Oh right, you gave me the ring before you went into the washroom so it wouldn't get scratched." Nari gave herself a facepalm. "Oh."
 
Kyuhyun's Point of View
Ever since the day we went to the amusement park, Sihyun felt distant. She wouldn't even let me hold her hand and she would always go to bed without any word. "Is something wrong, Hyunnie?" I played around with strands of her hair. She didn't turn my way but she spoke. "Kyu oppa, did you ever even have the thought of cheating on me?" I was a bit taken aback. What? "I admit I have thought about it but I wouldn't. It would make you as unhappy as me if I caught you cheating. But I know you would never do that." Sihyun didn't respond, that was a sign I should just shut up and go to sleep.
I swear I could hear some silent crying that night.
 
Just by chance, I managed to see Sihyun after school. She said she had plans with Hyun Mi. I didn't mean to follow her but the way she sneaked around made me wonder where she was going. "Donghae oppa..." I heard her say. "I -" Her words were interrupted by something, I didn't know what. She was behind a wall, definitely with Donghae. I took a peek and saw... them. Sihyun and Donghae, embracing, kissing and they both seemed to be fully knowing what they were doing. "Oppa..." Sihyun trembled. "I don't want to cheat anymore. I want to go back to Kyuhyun." Go back? I scoffed and confronted them. "Sihyun... Will you make your mind up?! If you can't, this is goodbye. And you, hyung..." I went to go punch him. Sihyun stopped me. "Wait! Kyu!" I turned to her. "Go away." I pushed her away. I turned around. But I spoke before I left. "You can throw out that ring, it's nothing now." I heard no footsteps behind me, I was let down.
 
I found my apartment empty of Sihyun's things when I returned from work. Her house key was left on the kitchen table. I figured she went to live with Donghae. That would be hard. They lived next door, I would never face them again. I sat down on my couch. Something felt wrong. Sihyun would usually be leaning on my shoulder. I thought to myself that it was for the best, she was probably happier with Donghae anyway. "Kyu oppa~! Kyu oppa~!" Her voice rang in my head. I slid into my bed and thought about her the whole time. The bed felt empty and alone. Sihyun was no longer swimming around my thoughts anymore.
She was flailing.
Sinking.
Drowning.