Meet the Duizhang

Confessions of a Boyish Heart

--------------------------------------KRIS WU'S POV-----------------------------------------

 

10 AM- SM UNIVERSITY 

 

 

 

 

 

"Duizhang? Duizhang? Are you awake?" Tao's voice was ringing in my ears. I got up and stretched my arms. I was at the rooftop of the Music and Arts Building. I must have dozed off because my body was slumped on one of the benches there. I rubbed my eyes and saw that it was not only Tao who was there... The whole basketball team was in front of me... 11 boys who had a serious expression on their faces.

 

 

 

 

"It's been a month, Duizhang... How are you?" Suho asked. 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, Duizhang. You can talk to us about it." Chen said as he patted my back.

 

 

 

 

"We would rather hear you get angry with us than for you to be silent." Baekhyun chimed in.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun's right, Duizhang. We're worried about you. You haven't attended our practices and you're always by yourself these days... Is this still about Jessica?" Chanyeol said. My head immediately jerked up at mention of her name... How could she do this to me? I gave her everything she wanted yet she still left me because it was all a lie.

 

 

 

 

Her crush was the team captain of the opposite team. He asked her to make me fall in love with her and for her to gather all the information from our team... I was stupid for thinking that we could actually last forever and that she was the right one for me.. I just found out about her scheme when I overheard her talking to him on the phone an hour before the game... And yes, because of my sudden outburst of emotions, our team was not able to win against the rival. It was a painful loss for our team because we have been preparing for that game for quite some time... But what really hurt me the most was when he left with her in his arms. I was just standing there... watching them leave the gymnasium together... I felt a slight pang in my heart as I saw him put his arm around her... But I realized that she never really did love me... That she didn't even care even the slightest bit about me... That she messed around with my feelings... I was really hurt but I had no right to be because in the first place, she was never really mine.

 

 

 

 

 

My thoughts were interrupted by Lay who suddenly spoke.

 

 

 

 

 

"She hurt you, Duizhang. She played with your feelings. She made you fall for her and left you. She's not worthy of your tears. She's not worthy of your time, She's not worthy of your love." Lay said in a very serious manner that everyone was silent for quite a while...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wow... That was so deep bro~" D.O patted Lay's back. 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. It struck a chord in our hearts man!" Sehun pointed to his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

"You should totally apply as a life coach or something... That was straight to the heart dude!" Sehun praised.

 

 

 

 

 

Lay looked around as if everyone was saying alien things. "What are we talking about?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-________________________-    

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, everyone's faces became like this. Even I had to give a point to Lay for breaking the serious atmosphere. Soon everyone was laughing at the guy who was so forgetful, he even forgot what he just said.

 

 

 

"Seriously Lay, you're so forgetful!" Suho commented.

 

 

 

 

"You had one of your finest moments right there bro! And you blew it!" Kai said as he was laughing out loud.

 

 

 

 

 

"But back to the main topic," Xiumin said as he turned towards me. Everyone suddenly grew quiet, waiting for what Xiumin was about to say. "What we really want to say is that we're here for you, Duizhang. We'll help you to get over this." He smiled as he was speaking.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. We still have other games to look forward to, Duizhang!" Chen said as he put his arm on my shoulder. "You still have to lead us to the championships, remember?"

 

 

 

 

"He's right! Forget about that player, Duizhang! She's out of the picture already ever since she went with that gorilla-looking guy from the other team." D.O laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

"Duizhang, you better get up. We still have to practice for this Saturday's game." Tao extended his hand to help me get up.

 

 

 

 

"Come on, Duizhang! We really need you!"

 

 

 

 

"We can't do this without you!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

The other guys were shouting from behind Tao's back. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I saw Tao looking straight into me.

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, Bro." Tao said as he smiled at me.

 

 

 

 

 

"Fine." I said, taking Tao's outstretched hand. The whole team cheered as they rushed towards me and started hugging me. I found it kinda weird at first but I realized how much they actually cared for my well-being after the incident. They knew it was gonna be hard for me to recover from this but they still tried their best to help me.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks a lot, guys." I said as we broke the hug. "I really appreciate it."

 

 

 

 

"Don't mention it, Duizhang. That's what friends are for." Baekhyun said as he hit my fist with his.

 

 

 

 

"We're EXO right? Of course we care about each other!" Kai commented.

 

 

 

 

"Ok, let's do this!" Suho shouted and we gathered our hands together in a circle. "We are..."

 

 

 

 

 

"One! EXO!" Everyone shouted as we raised our hands high up in the air. For the first time in many weeks, I no longer felt alone... these 11 guys really know how to make someone feel better. They may not be perfect but at least they don't judge you for your imperfections... we've known each other for a long time that we learned how to deal with one another... Just like a pack of wolves. When one has a problem, the whole pack will know about it and will try their best to make that one wolf feel better. Well, I guess you could say that we are wolves... 12 wolves who act as one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am Kris Wu. 19 years old. Captain of the Basketball team and the Duizhang of EXO.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Aaaannddd Chapter two is done! :D I'm so sorry for the late update guys! I decided to change the storyline a bit by adding Jessica Jung from SNSD. I know, I know, this is supposed to be KrisBer fanfic but I just wanted a little twist... ;) 

 

 

Oh, and one more thing, let me say THANK YOU FOR THE SUBSCRIBES, COMMENTS AND READS awesome people of the universe!!!  ^_^  You guys are really amazing! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! *cyberhugs*

 

 

Hope to see you real soon! =)))