Welcome to My Life

Confessions of a Boyish Heart

 

 

----------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV--------------------------------------------------

 

10 AM- INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

 

 

-Announcing the arrival of flight 486 from Los Angeles, California-

 

 

"Omigosh, did you see that?"

 

 

 

"Is that a girl or a boy?"

 

 

 

"I think she's a girl... she's too pretty to be a boy."

 

 

 

"No, he's a boy... He definitely is... Look! His chest is flat..."

 

 

 

 

"Here they go again..." I thought to myself. Everyday, it was the same scenario. Everywhere I go, people would turn their heads towards me and start blabbering about my appearance... I'm walking down the Arrival area of the airport here in Korea while everyone still has their eyes on me. I could see them through my peripheral vision. It was getting on my nerves that I turned around only to see them look away... "Is this their first time to see a girl dressed as a boy? Argh. People nowadays."

 

 

 

 

 

I continued walking down the lobby with my head down trying to avoid everyone's eyes... "All I have to do is avoid their stares and everything's gonna be fine." I took a deep breath and nodded. I continued walking and was halfway down the Arrivals Lane when a familiar voice suddenly appeared out of nowhere...

 

 

 

 

"Over here, Am!"  

 

 

 

 

I turned around and saw four beautiful ladies...

 

 

 

 

 

"Luna! Sulli! Victoria! Krystal!" I screamed catching the attention of almost everyone around me... But I didn't care. I had four of the best people in the universe right in front of me...

 

 

 

 

 

"I missed you girls!" I gathered them in a bone-crushing hug. "It's been what, five years? Oh my frickin llama! You guys look amazing!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, we know!" Luna replied with a smile. "But look at you! You've transformed into a pretty boy!" She stared at me from head to foot and the others did the same. I just shrugged my shoulders and gave them a gummy smile.

 

 

 

 

 

"We almost didn't recognize you, you llamaface!" Krystal teased.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah! What in the world happened to you!" Sulli asked as she held my chin and tilted my face. I took my revenge by messing her hair like a puppy which made her pout.

 

 

 

 

 

"Long story. I'll tell you guys later... " *sigh* "It's been a really long time since we were together. I really, really, really, really, really, really missed you guys!!!" I shrieked.

 

 

 

 

 

"We better go girls. We have a lot of things to talk about." Victoria said as she helped me with my stuff. We proceeded towards the exit area when we heard some loud whispers (I'm sure they were meant to be heard. After all, who whispers and can still be heard by someone 5 meters away?) from a group of girls staying near a bench in the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

"Look at that tomboy with four girlfriends! Isn't she disgusting?"

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. It seems like she's a player... And those girls are allowing themselves to be manipulated by that tomboy!"

 

 

 

 

"Eww. I would never, ever be with a tomboy... It's just disgusting. What would other people say? That I have low standards?" She chuckled and high-fived her friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was hurt by what they've just said. I mean, I know that I should be immune to it since I've been hearing a lot of negative reactions about my appearance but hearing someone judge my friends because of me was a different story... It seems like I would be the reason why they would be judged by others... It would be fine if they would just dote on me because I know that it wouldn't be a big deal but bringing down the people close to me was an exception. I don't want that to happen...

 

 

 

 

Victoria, who seemed to read my thoughts, dropped my bag and faced the whispering girls with her hands on her hips.

 

 

 

 

"If you have nothing nice to say, you better shut your mouth. Yes, she may appear boyish but at least she's not a judgmental like you. She didn't even do anything against you and yet you judged her for what she looks like. You said bad things about someone you don't even know! How dare you! And correction, she's not a tomboy, she's just boyish and we are not her girlfriends, we are her best friends so don't you dare mess with her or with us because I'll certainly make sure you won't be able to open you little mouths again." She glared at those girls and spoke to them sternly.

 

 

 

 

Sulli, Luna and Krystal also stepped forward and gave those girls their death glare while I just stood there. Transfixed by what was happening in front of me. A dark aura surrounded them and if those annoying girls were smart enough, they should get a clue and leave the airport before my friends do something they would regret.

 

 

 

 

"What are you waiting for? Apologize to her!" Krystal said in an angry manner. The annoying girls mumbled something which sounded like an apology and just stood there. Like their waiting for the sky to fall or something. "Now, get lost!" Victoria-unnie said through her gritted teeth and the girls scampered. She then turned to face the rest of us who were right behind her.

 

 

 

 

"Urgh! The nerve of some people!" She said as she flipped her hair and plucked my bag from the floor.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah! How dare they say that to our Ambie! Luna chimed.

 

 

 

 

"I would've yanked their hair one by one if they didn't run away!" Sulli said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Don't worry, Amber. We're here for you." She patted my back and I smiled at her.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. We love you no matter what!" Krystal said as she hugged me which caused the others to hug me too.

 

 

 

 

"She's right. So don't worry about what they said about you~ we know you're not like that. You're a smart, funny, talented and dorky girl who is not comfortable of wearing feminine stuff and acting girly... we know that you're not really a tomboy, you're just boyish... and we love you for that~" Victoria smiled and hugged me even tighter. Those things she said about me really cheered me up. I felt really lucky to have these girls beside me~

 

 

 

"This is why I love you girls!" I smiled at them and hugged them back. "Ahh, it feels so good to be back here with you!" A wide smile appeared on my face as I hugged them back.

 

 

 

 

"So, shall we head out now?" Sulli asked.

 

 

 

"Yeah. I'm hungry!" Luna pouted and held her stomach.

 

 

 

"Ok fine. Let's go~" I said and we walked towards the exit gate together with a huge smile on our faces. 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my life. Sometimes, I get judged by my appearance... People say rude things about me just because I look like a boy...They judge me without even knowing who I really am... But these girls, they know me more than anyone else does and they understand me... They even defend me from the people who try to judge me. They know my secrets and my abilities but most of all, despite my flaws, imperfections and my weaknesses, they love me and accept me for who I am... They are definitely my best friends... the girls closest to my heart~  <3

 

 

 

I am Amber Josephine Liu, 18 years old, boyish and oftentimes mistaken as a boy.

 

 

 

 

Welcome to my life~  ;)

 

 

=====================================================================

 

First chapter is done! :D Hope you guys liked it. This is still the introduction of the story so Kris won't be here yet but he'll make his appearance on the next few chapters~ :)

 

And oh, THANKYOU FOR READING COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING!!!! *throws confetti*  :D :D :D  Hope to see you guys on my next update~   ;)   YOU GUYS ARE DAEBAK!!!!

 

Awesome people of the universe! =D

 ^___________________________^