Tug-of-War

Confessions of a Boyish Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Long time no see, Amber. I missed you."

 

 

 

 

What in the name of tarnation is going on?!! A minute ago, I was chasing that annoying dragon and the next thing I know, I was standing in the middle of the court... In between these two tall dudes who are apparently, trying to kill each other with their stares...  

 

 

"Uhm... Hello, Minho." I muttered as I tried to break the dense atmosphere. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

 

 

I could feel everyone shift their gaze towards me. I tried to avoid their stares but I ended up looking at Kris who was looking at me with confused eyes. I tried looking away but I could still see that his eyes were still on me.

 

 

"Amber, can I talk to you for a minute? There's something I have to tell you." Minho spoke not taking his eyes off me. I looked at him and he seems sincere. Like he really wants to talk to me. "Well, uhm..."

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's go somewhere else." Minho said as he walked towards me. He then held my hand as he tried to lead me away from everyone but he wasn't able to since Kris grabbed my other hand, holding me in place.

 

 

 

 

"Where do you think you're going with my girlfriend?" Kris gave him a deadly stare and I could feel his grip tightening on my wrist. 

 

 

 

"Really Kris Wu? Your girlfriend? You really think I'm stupid enough to believe you?" Minho smirked as he tugged on my hand. "I just wanna talk to her, dude. Let go. You can't hold on to something that isn't really yours." He gave Kris a mischievous smile as Kris gave him an even deadlier glare.

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about and I honestly don't care about it, but this is my girlfriend we're talking about here, Choi Minho." Kris growled. "You better get out of here before I beat the hell out of you."

 

 

"Really, Kris? What? Afraid that Amber might ditch you for me like what your ex-girlfriend, who is currently my girlfriend, did?" Minho laughed sarcastically. "What a coward."

 

I was stunned. My whole body just froze right there and then. I wasn't even able to speak. The way they stared at each other was so intense and their grip on my hands was getting stronger and stronger by the minute. After a few seconds, I finally mustered up the courage to take a look at Kris. I looked into his eyes and the first thing I saw was pain. What Minho said really got to him. All the hurt and agony he suffered when Jessica went away was coming back to him. His face was blank but his eyes showed sadness and pain. I know that I'm not really his real girlfriend but that doesn't mean I shouldn't care for him, right? I tried to give him a small smile as I turned back to face Minho who was still wearing the sarcastic grin on his face.

 

 

 

"Kris. I think we have to leave. I'll have to talk to you next time, Minho. Please excuse us." I grabbed Kris' hand as I hurriedly pulled him out of the building. I didn't stop until we reached the parking lot. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was to take him far from Minho because I knew it would spell trouble if we just stayed there.

 

 

"So, you know him?" I was catching my breath when I heard Kris speak. His voice was thick with coldness that instead of calming down, I felt more tensed.

 

 

"Yeah. I met him during the first day of class." I answered. "It's kinda funny though because I thought he was also studying here... It was only during your last game when I realized who he really was..."

 

 

"So you mean to say you met each other during the last match?" 

 

 

"Y-yeah... Before the match... But I swear, it was just a friendly chat. Nothing more" I explained.

 

 

Wait. Why am I saying this to him??? Why am I explaining??? And why is he asking about this all of a sudden??? Is he jealo-?!! Wait. That's not possible, Amber. He's just asking you this probably because he loathes the guy and doesn't want anyone associating with him. Right. That's why.

 

 

"But why didn't you tell me earlier?!! I don't want you to be hanging around with that guy, Amber. It's dangerous. He's dangerous." Kris looked at me with a very serious stare. His hands already captured my cheeks so I have no other choice but to look at him too.

 

 

 

 

Our faces were a few inches apart and I could feel his nose near mine. His eyes were still focused on mine, looking at me intently. I could feel a shiver running through my spine. The wind was blowing towards us so I could catch a whiff of his musky scent. His hands were still holding my cheeks as he tried to bring me closer to him. He then rested his forehead on mine and whispered something that made my heart skip a beat.

 

 

 

"I don't want you to ever leave me, Amber."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------KRIS' POV--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Long time no see, Amber. I missed you."

 

 

What?!! He knows her?!! Damn!!! I could feel my eyebrows frowning and my shoulders tensing. The hell is wrong with him?!! Is he really trying to get into my nerves!!! First Jessica, now Amber?!! Seriously dude!

 

 

"Uhm... Hello, Minho." Great. They really do know each other. Damn it. "Wh-what are you doing here?" 

 

 

Now this douchebag of a person is really pushing it. He wants to talk to Amber and now he's pulling her towards him. I don't know why but I felt the sudden urge to knock this guy out of his wits. Every inch of me was itching to punch him but I know I have to hold on to my sanity because of Amber. I could see that she was already frightened enough and I didn't want her to feel more tensed. Instead, I grabbed her hand, stopping Minho from taking her away.

 

 

"Where do you think you're going with my girlfriend?" I gave him a deadly stare as I gripped Amber's hand tighter. I won't let him take her away from me. Never.

 

"Really Kris Wu? Your girlfriend? You really think I'm stupid enough to believe you?" Minho smirked as he tugged on Amber's hand. "I just wanna talk to her, dude. Let go. You can't hold on to something that isn't really yours." He gave me a mischievous smile. How the hell did he find out about the deal??? I tried to act as if I didn't know anything and I gave him an even deadlier glare.

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about and I honestly don't care about it, but this is my girlfriend we're talking about here, Choi Minho." I growled. "You better get out of here before I beat the hell out of you."

 

 

"Really, Kris? What? Afraid that Amber might ditch you for me like what your ex-girlfriend, who is currently my girlfriend, did?" Minho laughed sarcastically. "What a coward."
 
 
 

That shut me up for a moment. Was I really treating Amber like Jessica's replacement? Is that what they think I'm doing? Because for me, being with Amber is something else. She's something else. Because being with her feels like a dream. I know I shouldn't be saying this because she's not really my girlfriend but she makes me feel like what we have is real. That I'm really her boyfriend. And this makes me feel happy. She makes me happy. And I will do anything and everything just to keep her by my side. I know it sounds selfish because she isn't really mine but I want her to always be with me... I won't allow her to be taken away from me... Especially by this Choi Minho. Never.

 

 

But before I could say something, Amber spoke first.

 

 

 "Kris. I think we have to leave. I'll have to talk to you next time, Minho. Please excuse us." she grabbed my hand as she hurriedly pulled me out of the building. She didn't stop until we reached the parking lot so now she was panting and catching her breath. I was sorta happy she took us out of there because now I could ask her all the questions crowding up in my mind. Especially about how she knew him and why she didn't even say a word about it.

 

 

"So, you know him?" I didn't know why but my voice sounded cold. I guess it's because I was kinda pissed she didn't say anything about it.

 

 

"Yeah. I met him during the first day of class." she answered. "It's kinda funny though because I thought he was also studying here... It was only during your last game when I realized who he really was..." What?!! What was he doing here? But most importantly, THEY MET EACH OTHER DURING THE LAST GAME WE HAD??? BUT THAT WAS WHEN AMBER HAD A MAKE OVER?!!!! HE SAW THAT TOO?!!! @#$%$# WHAT THE HELL!!!

 

 

"So you mean to say you met each other during the last match?" I asked her again just to make sure. I wasn't just hearing things, wasn't I?

 

 

"Y-yeah... Before the match... But I swear, it was just a friendly chat. Nothing more" she explained. AND THEY EVEN TALKED TO EACH OTHER. WOW.

 

 

 

 

"But why didn't you tell me earlier?!! I don't want you to be hanging around with that guy, Amber. It's dangerous. He's dangerous."  I couldn't help but feel jealou- wait. No. I am not jealous. I just want to protect her from that douchebag named Choi Minho. Yes. That's what I'm doing. Nothing more. I'm not jealous. I repeat, I AM NOT JEALOUS.

 

 

I cupped her face and looked at her intently. I felt her slowly relax to my touch. As I stared into her big brown eyes, I could feel myself relaxing minute by minute. Her eyes really has this certain calming effect on me. Everytime I stare into them, it's like the world slows down to a stop and nothing else exists except for the two of us. I look into her eyes and I feel like everything's gonna be alright. 

 

 

Her pink cheeks turned to red as I pulled her closer to me. I rested my forehead on hers and i could smell the vanilla scent I love the most. I took a deep breath and inhaled her intoxicating scent.

 

 

 

And damn, I would give up everything just to have this girl beside me forever.

 

 

 

"I don't ever want to lose you, Amber."

 

 

 

I pulled my face slightly away from her as I looked at her eyes once more. My gaze then fell on her pink lips. I stared at it for a minute before I decided to move closer and close the distance between the both of us...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"DUIZHANG!!! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!!!" 

 

 

 

Perfect. Just perfect. 

 

 

 

I was so close to kissing her when I heard the sound of 11 boys shouting. Great! Now the moment's ruined!!! I tried looking at Amber and I could see that her face has gone even redder. She was stunned and was slightly agape. An atmosphere of awkwardness hung in the air as we pulled away from each other. 

 

 

"Uhm, Amber... I-I'm sorry.,, I didn't mean to do that all of a sudden-" I tried to explain but I was cut short.

 

 

"No, no. It's okay. You have nothing to worry about Kris." She hurriedly explained.

 

 

"I understand if you feel angry or something. It was really my fault so..."

 

 

"No, it's okay. Really." She gave me a small smile although I doubt if it's true because her face still seems to be flushed. "Uhm... I think I'll have to go ahead, Kris. You're teammates are already looking for you..." She said as she turned around to leave but before she could take a step forward, I grabbed her hand for the second time that day.

 

 

"I'll take you home." I said gripping her hand tighter as I took her with me.

 

 

"B-but how about your practice? I can go home by myself, Kris. You don't have to worry about me." 

 

 

"Yeah but aren't boyfriends supposed to take their girlfriends home?" I answered with a grin on my face. "Come on, Amber. Let's go."

 

 

I placed my arm on her shoulder as I led her to my car. But before we drove away, I sent one text message to all the 11 boys in my team...

 

 

 

To: EXO members

 

YOU GUYS ARE SO DEAD.

 

 

*Message sent*

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"OMG." 

 

 

That was all Krystal, Sulli, Luna and Victoria could say. The five of us are seated on my bed after I called them to my house for an emergency meeting. After Kris dropped me off earlier, I immediately called them up because I really needed someone to talk to about our little incident earlier.

 

 

"I know right." I answered as I took another bite of my chocolate chip cookie. 

 

 

"Gosh girl! You are so lucky!!! Two super handsome boys are fighting over you!!! OMG. This feels like a scene from a manga or something." Luna shrieked as she shook my hand.

 

 

"Watch it lady, my arm's about to come off." I said while patting her in the back. "But seriously girls. It was really messed up a while ago. It's as if they were gonna kill each other with their stares or something..."

 

 

"But you have to admit, it's quite flattering to have two kingkas  ready to kill each other because of you~" Sulli chimed as she started poking my sides. "Yah! Choi Sulli!" I screamed as tried to capture her hands but it was all in vain. She was just so persistent. Good thing I was able to move out immediately before she could do any further damage. We were all giggling and playing around before we decided to sit down again and get serious.

 

 

"But to be honest, I felt kinda guilty, you know. Because after all, Minho's still my friend yet I left him there but on the other hand, I'm just relieved because nothing bad actually happened." I said while twirling the Peppero stick I was now holding in my hands. Now that I think about it, it seems quite rude of me to leave my friend like just like that. But at least I did it to avoid trouble...

 

 

"You were happy because nothing happened or is it because of what happened between you and Kris???" Krystal teased and I could feel myself turning red again. Why does she have to bring this awkward moment up?!!

 

 

"Yah, Amber. Tell me the truth. Are you already falling for Kris?" Victoria gave me a serious look as she asked the question. I tried to think about it for a moment. Was I really falling for him?

 

 

Well, before, I wasn't that sure. But after what he whispered to me a while ago, I think I already made up my mind.

 

 

I took a deep breath and looked at Victoria Unnie straight in the eye.

 

 

 

 

"Yes unnie. I think I've fallen for him." 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TAO'S POV------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Yes unnie, I think I've fallen for him."

 

 

I heard Amber's voice loud and clear. You see, I asked Victoria noona if she could keep her phone open during their conversation because I wanted to hear the words straight from Amber's mouth. And now that she's said it, I felt a  smile slowly creep into my face.

 

 

 

Time to proceed to the next phase of the plan. I said to myself as I pressed the 'end call' button.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AYO WASSUP! :D

 

I know this chapter is long overdue and I'm really sorry guys. It's just that college isn't treating me really well right now with the midterms coming up. -.- But now I'm back and I hope that I could update more often now than before~ (^-^) So, what do you guys think about this update??? Any guesses on what Tao is actually planning for the two? Please do comment your thoughts below! and Thank you to all the subs, upvotes, comments and reads guys! =))) I really appreciate it~ <3 I hope you guys bear with my sometimes-short-and-always-late updates and for my wrong grammar usage in some chapters. Teehee. ^_^ 

 

Well, its 2:26am now where I am and I still have a 7am class later on so I guess I'm off. XD I hope you guys enjoyed this update~ Bye for now and see you on the next chapter! :)

 

 

KRISBERFIGHTING<3                       #LostintheGalaxy

 

P.S. OMG HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS PIC OF OUR YI FAN??? (I'm sure you have) but LOOK AT DEM MUSCLES!!! Oh my poor fangirl heart! *faints*