Change

Confessions of a Boyish Heart

 

 

---------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV---------------------------------------------------

 

"You're his what?!!" Sulli shrieked as she dropped the spoonful of ice cream to the floor. I tried to shush her but it's too late. All eyes were on us as we tried to awkwardly apologize to the other customers. We're currently at the ice cream parlor a few blocks away from school and I told them everything that happened last night. Yep. Everything. Even the part where I sold my soul to the drago-I mean- the part where I agreed to be his girlfriend.

 

"But why did you agree?!!" Krystal was half-screaming at me. "You know you could've just said no." 

 

 

"You're right." I sighed as I absentmindedly plowed through my ice cream with my spoon. "I could've just said no. But how can I say no to someone who was in dire need of my help?"

 

 

"Was he really that desperate to ask for your help on this situation?" Luna asked. and I nodded. "Well, we can't do anything about it now... You've already given Kris your word. I guess you just have to go with it. You'll be getting something out of it anyways..." She said pertaining to the condition we had. I sighed for the nth time today. Damn, what did I get myself into???

 

 

"Just make sure you don't get hurt in the process..." Victoria said as she sipped on her mocha frappe. "I don't really mind you acting as his girlfirend but just make sure you know your limitations and don't let yourself get hurt." She smiled as she held my hand. 


 

"Vic-Umma's right, Ber. You better take care of yourself. Don't let it get the best of you~" Luna chimed in.

 

 

"Plus, this is just temporary, right Ber?" Sulli said as she placed a hand on my shoulder. I honestly feel uncomfortable about this whole pretending thing but part of me says that it's gonna be fine. After all, I'm doing this to help someone in need. It's not like I'm gonna do something illegal, right?

 

 

"You're right. It's just temporary..." I sighed and looked at the four girls around me. "But you girls are gonna help me get through this, right?" I gave them a pitiful look. They looked at one another then finally turned towards me again.

 

 

"Of course, Amber. We'll help you on this one. That's what friends do~" Luna beamed and so did the others. "Thanks, girls! I always knew I could count on you!" I pulled them together for a group hug.

 

 

"You're welcome Amber~" Victoria said as she ruffles my hair. "I believe that you already know what's right for you so you can count on me this time."

 

 

"Aww, thanks, Unnie~" I beamed. We were busy chit-chatting about random stuff when my phone suddenly beeped. I clicked on my screen and saw that the text came from the dragon captain.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 message received

Sender: Giant.Dragon

 

Amber, be in the gym tomorrow, 2PM. Don't be late.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

"Yah, is that how a guy texts his girlfriend?!" I turned to my left and saw Krystal peering into my phone. Then I realized that the four of them were huddled around me.

 

 

"Tch! That guy really! Even his texts are emotionless! Now I begin to wonder why you ever said yes to the deal, Amber..." Luna's eyebrows were crossed and irritation wasa evident in her tone.

 

 

"Wait, so you guys are gonna meet tomorrow huh?" Sulli interjected. "Girls, can we talk for a minute? Excluding you, Amber." She said with a grin and whispered something to the other three. I tried to eavesdrop on them but they kept blocking me. After a few seconds, they looked up and looked at me with such manic glint in their eyes that I began to feel that something was going to happen. And it's not gonna be good. They were slowly inching towards me and I felt goosebumps around my body. "Y-yah, what are you girls up to?!" I nervously muttered as I slowly backed away from them.

 

 

"Get ready, Amber. We're gonna sweep that dude off his feet." Krystal smirked and I could feel the dark aura from her radiating throughout my whole body...The last time I felt something like this was during the Midsummer's Dance where they forced me to dress up and even applied makeup on me. Please don't tell me that it's going to happen again!!! I mentally prayed that this wasn't what was going to happen but as always, I was wrong.

 

 

"Amber Josephine Liu, brace yourself." Sulli said as she and the others dragged me out of the door and into Victoria's mini cooper. They shuffled in after me and they held my hands real tight to stop me from wriggling free. After fifteen minutes, I found myself inside Victoria's room specifically infront of her make-up table where I saw  hundreds of bottles and containers of eyeshadow, blush on, mascara, fake eyelashes, concealer, eyeliner, lip gloss and a bunch of other stuff which I am not familiar of...

 

 

"Time for a fabulous make over, Amber dear!" The four of them  squealed like it was something to excited about. My eyes widened in horror as I realized what they were about to do to me. At this point in time, there is only one word flashing inside my brain...

 

 

 

HELP.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------KRIS WU'S POV---------------------------------------------------

 

*Message sent*

 

 

Finally. After typing and re-typing, I was able to press send.Why do I find it so hard to send a frickin' message to her? I thought as I kicked a can in front of me. I mean, I shouldn't be such a perfectionist over a text message, right? Why can't I just say 'Hey there!' or 'Yo! See you on Saturday!' Why am I becoming like this when it comes to her?! I mentally scolded myself as I was walking outside the gym. Apparently, practice just ended and I'm headed home. Well, at least I was able to send it... *sigh*

 

 

"Kris oppa!" My  ear twitched as I heard some squeals from behind me. Fangirls. I said to myself. I smiled and turned to face them. "Hey." I greeted and they squealed. Well, apparently, we have to treat them well since they support us in our games and they cheer us on. Greeting them and mingling with them is the least we can do to repay them for their love and support towards our team...

 

 

"Oppa, can we take a selca together?" One girl asked as she took out her phone. "Sure." I replied and took a picture with her. The others also wanted pictures so  had to stand there for about thirty minutes just to be able to accomodate everyone.

 

 

"Thank oppa!" They said as we finished our photo session. "You're welcome." I smiled.

 

 

"Wow oppa, even though you just came from practice, you still have the energy to make other people happy... Amber Liu is really lucky to have you as her boyfriend~" Another girl with curly hair spoke. Wait. What?

 

 

"What was that again?" I asked the curly-haired girl. How did they know about that???

 

 

"She's your girlfriend, right oppa? The news is all over the campus. Apparently, someone saw you guys 'dating' in a resto last night and that the other members of the team were also present..." The girl fiddled with her phone for a minute before handing it over to me. "See, it's even the hot topic on the school website..." I took her phone and saw a picture of me holding Amber's hand with the rest of the team members behind us.

 

 

There were hundreds of comments posted majority of them were debating whether our relationship is true or not or whether we looked good together or not. Some were congratulating us while others were bashing her. Damn! Why are these people so judgemental! I said to myself as I continued reading their posts. Apparently, the girls were not happy because she became close to us even though she is just a new student and she even became my girlfriend. Well, not really, because it's all fake but what they know is that she is and that's what makes them angry.

 

 

"Uhm oppa? Are you ok?" I snapped back into reality and realized that these girls were still infront of me. "What? Oh. Yeah." I stuttered. "Here's your phone. Thanks." I said as I handed the phone back to the girl and ran hurriedly towards the Arts and Sciences building. I could hear disheartened sighs from behind me but I had to continue running. I had to see Amber.

 

 

I went inside hoping to see her but one of her classmates told me that she and her friends left early. I tried calling her but I think she turned off her phone because I couldn't get through. I shook my head in annoyance as I headed out of the building. Guess I'll just have to wait for her tomorrow then...

 

 

 I placed my hands on my nape and started walking towards the car park. Aish. I hope she doesn't get to read all those rude comments they posted about her... Honestly, I felt really guilty that she had to go through all of this just to help me out when she could have said no... Now she's being hated by people because of me. She doesn't deserve all those insults and criticisms. Now she's gonna get hurt because of me. I don't want that to happen to her. I ran my fingers through my hair and exhaled deeply...

 

 

 

 

Ugh, Amber Josephine Liu, You should've just said no.

 

 

 

============== The Next Day (Saturday) 2PM ===============

 

 

"Ok guys. This is it." I said to my team as we huddled together. We were about to begin our game so I called in my team members for a little team talk. "We just have to play like we usually do. No pressure. I know we can beat this team if we work together." 

 

 

"Yes, Duizhang." The team replied. "Good. Now let's go." I said as I led my team out of the locker room. As we were walking towards the court, I kept on checking my cellphone for any new message from her. Well I guess she won't be able to come. I silently murmured as I shoved the cellphone back inside my pocket.

 

 

"Waiting for her to text you, Kris?" I turned to my left and saw Tao walking beside me. "No. Not really." I denied.

 

 

"Too bad." Tao said as he fished his phone out of his own pocket. "Because Krystal just texted me that they're already here." I peeked into Tao's phone and saw a text from Krystal saying that they're already sitting on the bleachers. I involuntarily smiled as I pictured Amber sitting there and cheering for m- I mean- the team...

 

 

"What's with the freakishly huge grin, Duizhang?" Suho asked as he placed an arm on my shoulder. "It's nothing." I said while shrugging his arm off. 

 

 

"I bet it's because of Amber~" Lay said while poking me on my side. "You like her, don't you, Kris?"

 

 

"You don't have to state the obvious, Lay." Chanyeol added.

 

 

"Yah, I don't like her, understood." I said in a serious manner. "If that's what you say~" Kai retorted as we reached the court where a lot of people, mostly girls, were cheering for us. I smiled and waved to a few people in the audience while scanning around looking for her. I looked around but I didn't see any short-haired girl in the bleachers. Where is she? I decided to just sit down on the bench and wait for the other team but as I walked toward the bench, I heard someone calling me...

 

 

"Hey Kris." I sighed. I know that voice. It 's her.

 

 

I decided not to turn around immediately just to appear cool. Instead, I took a deep breath and prepared to talk to her in a slightly-annoyed-yet-not-really-angry tone and my infamous pokerface. "Yah, what is wrong with you? You didn't answer your phone yesterday and..." I was not able to finish my sentence because when I turned around to face her, I was smitten. Metaphorically speaking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Woah." I muttered under my breath. She looks amazing. I didn't know that she would look good with long hair... Although she was wearing loose clothes and a cap, her feminine side was very evident. She looked really cute and girly with her long hair braided and placed on her side. I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful lady in front of me...

 

 

"Uhm, Kris. Are you okay?" She asked with a slightly worried face. Dang! Don't do that! You're making me fall- urgh!

 

 

"Uh, yeah. I'm okay. I'm fine." I stuttered. "Uhm, so... How are you?" I asked trying to break the awkward atmosphere around us.

 

 

"Uhm. I'm okay." She said with a smile. 

 

 

"You look great." Wait. What did I just say?! 

 

 

"Th-thanks... Well, Krystal, Luna, Sulli and Vic experimented on me a little bit yesterday." She answered and I could see a hint of pink appearing on her cheeks."looks like it turned out pretty good."

 

 

"It really does." I said as I moved closer towards her."It really suits you." I said while looking into her eyes. She was looking at me too. We stood there for a few seconds, frozen. It seems like nothing else existed except for the two of us. We didn't mind the loud screams of the audience or the sound of balls being dribbled as my team started to warm up. There was only the two of us. "Uhm, you were about to say something to me a while ago, right?" Amber asked me as she tried avoiding my gaze. I guess she felt a little awkward about our little moment a while ago.

 

 

"Oh, that was nothing. Don't mind it." I smiled. "So, does Operation Pretend To Be Your Girlfriend start now?" She whispered and I was again reminded of the deal we had and the bad things that people were saying about her.

 

 

"Uhm Amber, if people are gonna say bad things about you, please don't listen to them. Don't mind them. But if you get tired of dealing with it then you are more that welcome to back out of the deal. I would understand."

 

 

"Who said anything about backing out?" She said with a genuine smile. "It's gonna take more than words to bring me down, Kris. And I am not the kind of person who doesn't stick to her word. If I promised to do this for thirty days, then I'll do it for thirty days. Understand?" She said as she shuffled my hair. "Now I think I have to go because the game's starting... Good luck!" She walked towards the bleachers leaving me speechless...

 

 

There you go again, Amber Josephine Liu... You're making me love you.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV-----------------------------------------------

 

 

Woah. What the fudge did I just do? I said to myslef as I was walking towards the bleachers. I think this whole pretending-to-be-Kris Wu's-girlfriend act is really getting into me. I even shuffled his hair OMFudge!!! What was I thinking?!! Gaaaahhh Amber Josephine Liu!!!!

 

 

I decided to head to the rest room to compose myself before going back to the bleachers. As I stood there infront of the mirror, I saw how my whole image changed. It's amazing how simple hair extensions can change a person's look dramatically. Even though I still had my boyish clothes on, it was really obvious that I was a girl because of my hair. Too bad it's just extensions...

 

 

"You look great."

 

 

"You look great."

 

 

"You look great."

 

 

Now this line is replaying all over my head. Ugh. Kris Wu! Why are you doing this to me!!! Argh!!!

 

 

Finally, after a few minutes, I was able to recover from my dilemma. I stepped out of the door and accidentally bumped into someone. "Omo. I'm really sorry!!!" I bowed toward the guy that I bumped.

 

 

"It's fine. I should be the one apologizing since I was the one who wasn't paying attention to where I was going." The guy said. Wait. He sounds familiar...

 

 

I looked up and saw a familiar face. At first, I wasn't really able to identify him but as soon as I took a closer look, I immediately remembered who he was...

 

 

"Oh my frickin' llama!" I said as I smiled widely...

.

.

.

.

.

"It's good to see you again, Minho!"

 

 

---------------------------------------------End of Chapter-----------------------------------------

 

 

It's been a long  time guys!!! Omigosh. It's been what, two months?!! 

 

I'm really, really, really, really, really sorry for not being able to update here often and for not posting the Valentine's Day special and for not ending this sotry on schedule. T^T It's because we just had out finals and our prom and we had tons of projects and school work to do not to mention all the tests and stuff~ I had to focus on school since I'll be graduating soon (this Saturday actually~ *yay!) and good grades are needed for me to be able to attend the university I want so I had to put this aside... 

 

But now that I have more free time, I guess I'll be updating more often to make up for all those months I've gone AWOL~  ^-^ I just hope that you guys still support this story~ :) Hope you guys enjoyed the update! Thanks for all the comments, reads and for being such understanding readers! :>

 

That's all for now guys~ See you soonest! ;)

 

KRISBERFIGHTING<3

 

P.S. Amber looks totally cute on the pic above~ ^-^ *squeals* and lols 2687 words?! 0.o