Tao's Brilliant Plan

Confessions of a Boyish Heart

 

DO NOT READ... MAY CONTAIN THE AUTHOR'S FEELS

 

 

 

(Just kidding, I know you're still gonna read this. You love me that much... XD HAHA)

 

 

HEY GUYS!!! ^_^ You might be wondering why I'm writing (or typing) on the upper part when I don't usually do it but lemme let you some good news... THIS IS GONNA BE A DOUBLE UPDATE. *Throws confetti* TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XD XD XD

 

 

This is my little gift to everyone of you for making this story reach 5600+ reads, more than 150 subs, and for keeping up with your lazy author who doesn't update on sched. (^-^) Teehee. It's been ten months since I wrote this and honestly, I think I haven't been very active as an author considering that I only have less than twenty chapters when this story is already almost a year old. XD *slaps self* but honestly, I sincerely just wanna thank all those who are reading this and those who are always commenting on every chapter  ( I see you guys! ^-^ HI! PS. You already know who you are! XD )  and for all the upvotes... I just... Ohemgee... dem feels you guys give me... (T^T)  #DRAMA MODE   HAHAHA! XD

 

I just hope you guys enjoy reading this like how Luhan enjoys his mayo :3 mehehehe

 

 

Okay, here it goes! XD

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I paced back and forth my room... It's almost midnight but I still can't fall asleep... Blame it on that guy who drowned me in an overflowing sea of feels a while ago.  :")  Gosh. Now I'm even talking like Sulli. Ew.

 

 

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I picked it up to see who was calling when my screen flashed his name.

 

 

***Giant.Dragon Calling***

 

 

HOLY FUDGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO???!!!!!!

 

 

I could feel my heart pumping like crazy as I stared at my phone... What do I do?!! 

 

 

 

Oh snap. Let's just get this over with... I muttered as I pressed the 'answer' button.

 

 

"Hey, Amber." Kris spoke up first and I swear, my ears melted. His voice was just so dead y. 

 

 

"He-hey Kris." I answered, trying to act nonchalant. "What's up?"

 

 

"Nothing... Not that much, actually..." His voice trailed off. "Listen, Amber, do you wanna go somewhere right now?"

 

 

 I was about to say yes when I suddenly remembered what Victoria unnie taught me earlier...

 

 

*************************FLASHBACK***************************

 

"Listen Amber, now that you've finally admitted to yourself that you like him, there are a few things you have to remember..." Victoria unnie grabbed both of my cheeks to make me pay very close attention an what she was about to say... the other girl were already in the car but Unnie stayed for a little while because she said she wants to talk to me about something.

 

 

Turns out, she just wanted to talk about this thing. ( -,-)

 

 

"What is it, unnie?" I asked but I sounded kinda weird because Vic-unnie was squishing my cheeks.

 

 

"You should never give in easily to what he wants... In short, you have to play hard to get sometimes... So that the guy will be aware that you are not the kind of girl who can easily be pushed over... You have to show him that you are not like other girls who can easily be maneuvered by guys. Okay?" Vic unnie said this with so much conviction in her voice. I couldn't help but furrow my brows...

 

 

"So, you mean, I have to ignore him sometimes?" I asked. 

 

 

"Yes. That's right." Unnie replied.

 

 

"But why?" I asked again. I just don't get it...

 

 

"Amber, you really don't know anything about this do you?" Vic unnie gave me a sly smile. "Ladies don't depend too much on a man... You should show them that you have to be your own person sometimes. You will also know if the guy really likes you because if he really does, he's really gonna exert more effort just to be with you." Vic unnie winked and I realized that there was some truth in what she was saying...

 

 

If he really likes me, then he will do anything and everything just to be with me...

 

 

"Unnie!!! Let's go!!! It's getting really late and Sulli is already drooling all over me! Palli!!!!" Krystal's shrill voice broke through my thoughts as I turned to face Victoria unnie who was already on her feet.

 

 

Yeah! I'll be there in a minute!" She shouted back. "Always remember what I told you, okay?" She said while pulling me close to her for a hug.

 

 

"Bye Ber. Take care!" She waved as she exited the door. A few minutes later, I heard the sound of a car revving and the gates closing. My mind was still replaying the jist of our conversation earlier...

 

 

 

If he really likes me, then he will do anything and everything just to be with me...

 

 

If he really likes me, then he will do anything and everything just to be with me...

 

 

If he really likes me, then he will do anything and everything just to be with me...

 

 

***********************END OF FLASHBACK**********************

 

 

"Uhm... well... I'm kind of busy right now..." I stammered. "Maybe next time?"

 

 

"Oh, okay." He replied. "It's just that... I- I really wanted to see you."

 

 

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him say the last line... OMFUDGE!!! His voice was softer than normal but I swear I heard him say that line... I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and my breath became erratic... KREASE WU Y U DO DIS TO ME!!!

 

 

"What- What was that again?" I asked him, just to see if he's really gonna say it again. 

 

 

"Nothing, nothing." He immediately answered and I could hear the panic and embarassment in his voice. "Uhm, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" He said, obviously trying to avoid a more awkward situation...

 

 

"Okay." I grinned. "See ya. tomorrow... Bye bye!"

 

 

"Bye..." He replied and I pressed the 'End call' button and I couldn't stop smiling... 

 

 

 

Kris Wu, you really are something else... 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------KRIS WU'S POV---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"See ya tomorrow... Bye bye!" 

 

 

"Bye..." I replied and the call ended.

 

 

3...

 

 

2...

 

 

1...

 

 

WHATTHEHELLDIDYOUJUSTSAYKRISWU!!!!!!!!!!! I banged my head on the steering wheel of my car. I mentally cursed myself a million times for being so stupid. 

 

 

Why the hell did I say that?!!

 

 

Anyone who sees me now must think I'm crazy or something. Here I am. parked outside Amber Liu's village, pounding my head on the steering wheel while scolding myself... Yeah, this is so not my style...

 

 

I tried calling her back but she didn't answer. I tried calling her a second time but she still didn't answer. Is she asleep already? But we were just talking to each other a while ago...

 

 

 When I tried to call her for the third time, I noticed a bright, white light headed straight towards me.

 

 

At first, it was far from me but it was moving at an inhumane speed. I decided to move out of my parking space but I remembered that while I was pounding my head, the key fell down on the floor of my car. I quickly grabbed the keys and placed them inside the key hole but it was too late... the car was already a few feet away from me. I placed my hands over my head as I prepared myself for the crash...

 

 

 

*Scccccrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccchhhhhh*     (tires squealing. Believe me. >_< )

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------AMBER'S POV---------------------------------------------------

 

"Woah!!! What the-?!!" I woke up with a startle. I was fast asleep on my bed for the last few hours when my phone started ringing like crazy... before I could press the "answer" button, the ringing stopped. I checked my phone to see what the fuss was all about...

 

 

 

19 missed calls??? At the ungodly hour of 2 in the morning??? Who the hell wants to talk to me that badly?!!! I said as I scrolled through my phone and I didn't even have to scoll down to the end to discover who my caller was... 

 

 

Huang Zi Tao.

 

 

The hell is this dude's problem? I muttered as I tried to call him back. After a few rings, he picked up his phone. 

 

 

"A-amber?" He stuttered.

 

 

"Tao, what's up? Wait. Are you crying?" I asked after hearing him sniff... "What's wrong?"

 

 

"Amber, it's Kris..." Tao answered. "He's- he's *sniff* in the hospital right now..."

 

 

"What?!!" I immediately got up from my bed and grabbed my wallet. "What happened?!! What's the name of the hospital???" 

 

 

"We're at the SM Hospital... The one near our school... Apparently, he got involved in a car accident a few hours ago..." 

 

 

The phone fell from my hand to the floor and I felt the world spin around me... No, this is impossible... this is not happening...

 

 

"Amber??? You still there???" I could hear Tao's voice as I quickly plucked my phone from the floor.

 

 

"Ye-yeah... I'll be there in ten minutes." That was all I could say as I pressed the end call button. I immediately dashed out of my room and out of the house and hailed a cab...

 

 

The ride to the hospital was 30 minutes of total vulnerability... I wanted the driver to just race through the streets of Hongdae and get to the hospital in a flash but the traffic made it impossibleto do so. I was clenching and unclenching my hands, biting my nails and tapping my foot on the floor of the cab.

 

 

Anxiety was taking over me as I constantly checked my phone for any news regarding Kris... Please, please, please be okay... I muttered to myself as the cab finally stopped in front of the hospital. I hastily handed out my fare to the driver and entered the hospital... I immediately spotted Tao who was sitting near the entrance of the emergency room, his eyes were bloodshot red and his hands were trembling...

 

 

"Amber..." He looked up as I swear he looked so worried. I started patting his head. "Everything's gonna be alright, Tao... Don't worry..." But it sounded more like I was saying it to myself as I held back my tears...

 

 

"Where's Kris?" I asked him and he slowly stood up and held my arm.

 

 

"Follow me, Amber."

 

 

As we walked along the corridor, a lot of things suddenly came into my mind... I began to think of all the possible things that could've happened to Kris... I cringed at the thought of Kris getting badly hurt. Please be okay... I silently prayed as Tao stopped in front of a door. 

 

 

"He's inside, Amber... go take a look..." Tao spoke as he turned the knob and opened the door for me to enter. As I went inside, I realized that I wasn't alone, ten other boys were inside the room and all of them had a serious expression on their faces. Their eyes were red and swollen like Tao's... But my eyes were only searching for the one person I longed to see... 

 

 

And there he was. The freakishly tall guy my heart was looking for. On the bed. With a lot of tubes connected to him. There were bandages on his head and and bruises were visible on his face and arms... His eyes were closed but his chest was slowly rising and falling. But even with all the bruises and bandages and tubes and everything, he still managed to look effortlessly handsome. A tear slowly ran down my cheek as I slowly took it all in. What happened, Kris?

 

 

"Hey Amber." Suho greeted as he gave me a sad smile. 

 

 

"Suho..." I said as I patted his back. "How is he?"

 

 

"He's still unconcious... He's been like this for a while now." He answered. "He got involved in a car accident a few hours ago. It happened near your area... He was parked outside your village when a car driven by a drunk driver smashed into him..."

 

 

"The driver sped away after the incident and no one else was there so we couldn't have any witnesses..." Chen spoke up. "But they said that they will check the CCTV camera near the area to track the driver down..."

 

 

Tears were threatening to escape from my eyes as Suho and Chen spoke. I still couldn't believe it. Why did it have to be you of all people?!!!

 

 

"I know it's hard to believe, Amber, but we have to face reality..." Baekhyun said as he patted my shoulder. "Let's just hope Duizhang wakes up soon..."

 

 

"We'll leave you alone for a while... just call us if ever you need anything..." DO said as he and the boys left the room. I gave them a small smile as they walked out but as soon as the door closed. The tears I've been holding back were now rushing down my face...

 

 

 No, this can't be real... I can't lose you, Kris... I just can't...

 

 

I held his hand as I spoke. At the corner of my eye, I spotted his phone which was resting on toop of the bedside table. Out of curiousity, I took it. Good thing, it didn't have any password or pattern lock. I didn't know why but my hands were just scrolling idly throughout his phone. I soon found myself looking at his call log and more tears fell from my eyes when I notice the recent calls he made...

 

 

 

Recent calls: Amber Josephine Liu 11:57 PM

                     Amber Josephine Liu 11:56 PM

                     Amber Josephine Liu 11:55 PM

 

 

 

"Kris Wu, you stupid dragon..." I whispered as I touched his face.

 

------------------------------------------------------END OF CHAPTER-----------------------------------------------------