Christmas Ball

Sugar Coated Luhan

Before I start, I reviewed my fanfic, and I didn't notice that I spelled "awkward" wrong. I'm really sorry. 

Luhan's P.O.V.

So, it's finally the day, isn't it?

I went downstairs, getting my tuxedo. I attempted to fix my tie but it's always wrong.

"Jjeolbae!" I shouted. She just asked what I wanted to say. She's still at the living room, fixing her dress.

"Could you help me with this necktie?" I asked her. She immediately popped from the living room and looked at me. She was clinging at the door while her eyes are focused to me. 

"Huh?" She asked innocently.

"I said help me fix my necktie." I replied. 

"Arasso." She said and showed to me fully. She was wearing the dress that she just bought. Her hair was tied like a princess---no. Like a Greek goddess. She wore a tiara with it and a bracelet.

I was startled by her while she approaches me slowly. I just heard a snap which caught my attention.

"Hey, give me the tie already." She said. I was quickly set off from my thoughts and handed it to her. She then went behind me and fixed the tie.

"Turn around." She said which I followed. 

While she was fixing my tie, my eyes darted on her beautiful face. Innocent yet beautiful. She let out a small curve on her lips which froze me. 

"Hey, where's Mrs. Lu?" She asked me. I was taken by her actions and didn't respond immediately.

"Hey. I said, where's Mrs. Lu?" She asked again. 

"Oh. She went to visit appa. It's somehow a surprise. She said that they lost contact a week ago that's why it seemed suspicious." I replied to her.

"Ah. I see." She continued fixing my tie.

"It's done." She said to me.

"Oh, thanks." I said to her. She went back on her business....But I noticed that her ring wasn't with her. I told her to wear it always.

"And Mrs. Lu, why are you not wearing your ring, I might ask?" I inquired.

"I'm gonna wear it later." She replied. She was picking one of her necklaces.

"What to wear...what to wear." She mumbled to herself.

I quickly grabbed a box from my pocket and opened it. It revealed a necklace. It was my mom's. 

=Flashback=

"I heard that your prom's tomorrow." Mom said.

I nodded.

"Since I'm gonna go off tomorrow, give this to Jjeolbae." She said to me.

She handed me a small blue box. When I opened it, I saw a necklace.

""But why?" I asked her.

"This is one sign that I approve her as your girlfriend---soon to be, I may say." She said to me.

"Now. Take care of that, sweetie." She continued.

"But mom, we're not yet togetheer~" I said and did aegyo.

"Yet." She said and climbed upstairs.

"I need to sleep now." She said and drifted to sleep.

-End of flashback-


I approached Jjeolbae and wore the necklace to her.

"What is this?" She asked me.

"Omma gave this to you. Aren't you happy?" I asked her.

"Oh. Is that so? Tell her thanks. And thanks for wearing this to me." She replied. Then, she looked at the mirror. She was...how would I put it in words? I'll just simply say...perfect.


Then, I went near her and placed my hand on her neck.

Jjeolbae's P.O.V.

I was looking at the necklace. It was beautiful. Then, my thoughts were interrupted by someone.

It was Luhan. He placed his hands around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked me.

"Yeah. It is. Luhan, stop doing that." I said to him. But somehow, it made me happy inside.

He released his hands.

"Sorry about that." He said when I heard a honk of a car.

I peeked through the window just to see Kris. I forgot that he would pick me up.

It's still six o'clock and the event starts at seven. He's so early.

Then, I bid goodbye to Luhan and reminded to fetch Jee Soon. 

Inside, I felt empty. And somehow, jealous.

"Let's go?" I asked Kris.

He nodded. He was on a red sports car and he's wearing the prince charming costume from Cinderella. Although for normal people, it looks ugly, for him, it was just perfect.

"Still startled by my looks?" He said which made me chuckle.

"I'll get on then." I replied to him with a smile.

We sat down and talked about various and random things. We went to school for about 10 minutes. It's just near.

We just got in time for the registration. We were approaching the counter when Jee Soon and Luhan came.

"Stick with the plan." He said to me.

"Good luck to us." I said and let out a laugh.

Then, we went to the venue. The music has already started. We just waited and sat on a table. Many people have already gathered. While they were chattering, I admired the place. It was covered with different kinds of curtains, just like a fairy tale.

We were interrupted by the MC.

"Are you guys readdyyyyyy???????" He shouted which earned a lot audience. Screams and howls were heard.

Then, the music has started. I stood up and waited for the four to come.

Luhan's P.O.V.

We'll be sticking to the plan.

"Jee Soon. Stand by there." I said to her. Then, after a while, Himchan, our cast, arrived.

"Annyeong, Himchan. You'll be my partner, right?" She asked.

"Hah! You? Me? Gonna be partners? Look at yourself first, miss." Himchan shouted, gaining a crowd. Then, he took a glance at me and gave the signal.

Kris's P.o.V.

There, the four have arrived. They confronted Jjeolbae immediately.

"Hey, miss." Kaoru said.

"Wanna dance with us?" Hikaru asked while the three surrounded her.

"You won't regret it, I promise." Sora added.

"Just dance with us." Lee continued. Jjeolbae put out the act of being scared. I was about to stand up when I saw another scene--Jee Soon, being embarrassed in front of many people. By one man.

Luhan's P.O.V.

I was about to stop Himchan when I saw Jjeolbae being surrounded by four men.

"Jjeolbae!" I shouted.

Then, I immediately approached her and pushed the boys out.

"What are you doing with my girl?" I asked.

"Ah..Eh...Nothing. Guys, let's go." Kaoru said and all of them left.

Kris's P.O.V.

"What are you saying? She's my girlfriend! And be a gentleman, dude." I said to him while shoving me away. Then, he went to go on his partner. Looks like he got scared.

"This is your fault, Kris. You made me jealous. Why did you not ask me in the first place?" Jee Soon asked.

"Because I thought you already have one." I defended.

"I'm sorry for making you jealous." Jee Soon said to him.

"Nope, not a problem. Just don't do it again, will you?" I replied. Then, we went off together. Oops... I forgot about Jjeolbae. But when I looked, Luhan was with him.

"Wait...I thought you were with Luhan?" I asked Jee Soon.

"The scene before was just an act. But you ruined the plan." She said and the both of us laughed.

Luhan's P.O.V.

"Don't hang out with other boys without me again, get it?" I reminded Jjeolbae.

"Okay, appa." She said sweetly.

"Aish. Why didn't I ask you to be my date in the first place? Anyway, at least we're together now." I said to her.

"By the way." I said to her.

"What?" She asked me.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked.

Jjeolbae's P.O.V.

"Uhm.....No!" I replied which made his mood gloomy he looked down at the floor.

"Just kidding! Of course! Look at your reaction." I said and laughed.

"Aish. Jjeolbae, you're making me angry, aren't you?" He replied and made his face closer to mine.

"Oh. Stop it. " I said as I shoved his face off.

"Just kidding. By the way." He said and took out a box from his pocket.

"How many boxes do you have there?" I asked jokingly.

"This is the last one, promise." He said. The box unexpectedly slipped of his hand.

"How clumsy." I commented.

He knelt and picked it up.

"Omoooo!!!!! Is Luhan gonna propose to Jjeolbaeeeee?"  Xiumin shouted which caught attention.

So, we caught attention a while ago, and then now.

The crowd's now looking at us.

"WOOAAAH! WHAT AN UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS!" The MC shouted.

"N--noo! The box just slipped! There's nothing for you guys to be bothered about!" I shouted. Gosh, this is embarrassing.

Shouts were heard. Now, the people are around us, forming a circle.

JUST.WHAT.HAPPENED.

"Just play it off." I whispered to him. He just nodded willingly.

"Jjeolbae......" He said sweetly and paused. What a great actor we have here.


"will you be my girlfriend?" He continued.

It's somehow awkward. I just covered my mouth to portray an overwhelmed look.

I nodded slowly.

"Yes!" I shouted and knelt. Then I hugged him.

"Well played." The both of us said in sync. Then, we earned shouts, screams, and many more.

It's now time for the dance part. Our grades rely on this.

MC: Now, it's time for the ball.

Sir Minho: Yes, it is. AND DON'T FORGET! YOUR PROJECT RELIES HERE! 

Crowd: Wooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!

MC: Let the real party begiiiin!


We danced together. Of course, when I took a peek at Kris, he was dancing well. He's now having a good time with Jee Soon.

"Dance well." Luhan said to me.

Then, the first song played. He placed his hand on my waist and the other one on my hand. I placed my other hand oh his shoulder.

"I guess this couple would get the best grade." Sir Minho whispered to us and all of us chuckled.

"It's nice having you as my partner." Luhan said to me.

"Yeah. I know right? And by the way, I didn''t knew that both of us put up a fake act a while ago." I replied.

"I didn't expect you to cheat too." Luhan said and smiled. YES. HE SMILED. I don't know why but my knees felt weak. My stomach kept on getting butterflies.

Luhan's P.O.V.

She smiled back. Yes. My heart melted and its pace gets faster and faster.

"We have to act again, don't we?" She asked me.

"Yup. Good old times." I replied.

"We need sasaeng control!" She cheered and I just let out a chuckle. She's cute the way she is.

"I know right?" I said and laughed.

-----

MC: Sooo~ it's finally time for the awarding!
MC2: Yuppp! And the winner would be given a crown for the girl, and a cloak for the boy.

MC: I heard that they would also be given extra points for their grades.
MC2: Yup. And the winners are really obvious.

MC: Who is iiiit?


Then, the sound of drum rolls surrounded the venue.

"Here it iiiiiiiiiis!" The MC shouted.

"The prom queens and kings for this year!" The second .

"JJEOLBAE AND LUHAAAN!" Both shouted.

Our eyes widened in shock. We looked at each other and smiled. Then, we went up the stage.

"Since PDA is not allowed in this school, we would just award you directly!" They shouted.

One of the best days. Yeah.

How was it, guys? >_<