Secret Act

Sugar Coated Luhan

 

Annyeong, chingus! This chapter's pretty day-accurate this time. Since it's nearly Christmas, here's an update~! Saranghaee~

--A week later--

Jjeolbae's P.O.V.

So, it's finally Christmas. I won't get to go home. My mom and I aren't on good terms though. Dad's overseas. Aish, whatever. There, I plugged my earphones out. I was listening to EXO's First Snow. As expected, they're good.

"Jjeolbae! Tomorrow's the ball." Kris reminded me.

"Yeah. Tomorrow's Christmas too. I should be out tomorrow, roaming by myself around the park." I replied to him and chuckled.

Then, he sat beside me. Making himself comfortable, he spoke to me.

"Stick with the plan, okay?" He said to me. Although this one's somehow called cheating, we've got to win.

"Where are the actors?" I asked him.

There, he called a few of his friends.

"Sora, Hikaru, Lee, and Kaoru." He introduced them to me.

"Oh. Nice to meet you. We just did this since the baby Kris pleaded." They said.

"So don't you mess this up." He told them.

They placed an 'ok' sign and went away.

"Won't this get messed up? What if one of my friends come?" I asked him.

"I'll make sure to let them go away." He replied.

"That boy wouldn't probably mess this up." I said to him.

"Who?" He inquired.

I went to whisper in his ear and covered it by my hand.

"Luhan." I said lowly.

"I hope so." He said.

Luhan's P.O.V.

"How could we win?" Jee Soon asked me.

"We'll cheat?" I invited her.

"No problem for me." She said.

"But what should we do to win?" She then continued.

"Let's try and do this. You'll get rejected by one man and will embarrass you in front of many people, then I'll protect you. Is that alright?" I suggested. This is one way that we could win.

She nodded happily.

--------

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

We've just finished practicing. I walked by myself since Kris needs to talk with the 4. By the way I say four, I'm actually referring to the ones who will help us in our plans.

Kris already bought his tuxedo. All I need is to find a matching one. There's no time to ask a tailor to sew. I need to drop by a shop. Why should I forget a special detail?

Then, I proceeded. Kris and I decided to use gold and silver. But what should I wear?

It's now 5 o' clock, and the stores close at 10. That means, I could still wander around to search. I've decided to drop by the house to pick up my money. Then, I hurried to the shop.

I passed by the mall. I saw gowns but....they're too short. Sleeveless are fine but I can't afford to find a gown.

"Searching for gowns?" A voice asked me. I turned around and saw.....Luhan.

I just nodded.

"Me too." He continued.

"You're searching for gowns too?" I said sarcastically.

"Tuxedos, of course. " He replied as he ruffled my hair.

"Aigooo." I said as I fixed my hair.

Finding nothing, I've decided to search for more stalls.

"I'm going. Annyeong~" I greeted him as I went out.

I just hopped to another one when I've figured that he followed me. I just scratched my head and told him not to.

"Following me, aren't you?" I asked.

"I need a girl to accompany me. I need opinions too, you know." He said.

"And I'm sure you need me too." He replied.

"Tsch." I said and checked out a few dresses. But nothing fitted me. Some are too short, some are too ruffly. Those are only worn by people who wants to gain attention. I don't want my dress to stand out, you know? I just wanted a simple one.

"Our theme's fairy tale, right?" He asked me.

I nodded in approval.

Wait.

Does Kris know about this?

"Wait. I'm just gonna call Kris." I said to him.

Riiiing....riiing~~

"Hello, Kris?"

"Yeah. Jjeolbae. What makes you call me?"

"Do you know that Fairy Tale is our theme?" 

"No. But I chose the prince charming's costume from the Disney shows."

 "Whew. I really thought that we would be out of place."

"Don't worry. hahahaha! We'll be standing out tomorrow. Because of our faces."

"Only you would stand out because of your face."

"Eh? You don't know you're beautiful?"

"What? Of course I'm not."

"You are. Believe me. I'll be hanging up now before you could argue that you're not."

"Ah. Whatever Kris. Alright. Bye!"

-----

Whew. That was near.

"How was this?" Luhan asked me. He already picked one. He was wearing a light blue suit.

It fits him well.

Somehow

.

.

.

Perfect.

Aish. What am I thinking?!

"Mm. That's fine." I said to him.

"Really? Maybe you're just joking around for you to win, huh? " He asked me playfully.

"Aniyo. This is an honest answer, you kid." I said and left out a chuckle.

Then, he changed into his normal clothes and paid for it.

I've decided to check again for new gowns. But I found nothing interesting. So many ruffles. They annoy me so much. I really hate those.

"I'm gonna go now, Luhan. You've already picked yours." I said to him.

"I'm gonna go with you." He said and picked the paper bag up. Then, followed me.

"You sure?" I said as he went near me.

"Come on." He said and grabbed my wrist.

"Oii. Where are you taking me?" I asked him.

"We're going to a gown shop that my mother trusts so much. I can't buy my suit there since it only caters dresses." He explained.

Then, we went outside the mall and crossed the street. We went on a few alleys and saw a small market. Then, I saw an old-fashioned store. It displays gowns which fit my own style.

"It looks like the shop Olivanders from Harry Potter." I commented.

Then, he took out an angelic chuckle. It was so pure and somehow innocent.

What am I feeling?

It seems that my time stopped.

My heart beats faster.

Luhan's P.O.V.

After she commented about the shop, I chuckled.

Then, I looked at her. She was smiling.

It was so beautiful.

Not just the smile, but she herself. 

My time stopped. I want to feel this more often.

I grabbed her wrist, and then went inside the shop. I'm somehow happy that I'm now holding her hand.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." I said.

"Oh. Luhan! It's been ages since I last saw you!" She said. Her name is Lotta.

"Is this beautiful woman probably your girlfriend? " She asked me while looking at the lady beside me.

"Or perhaps....you're getting married?" She asked which made my eyes widen in shock.

Both of us trembled.

"It's..it's not like that, ma'am. It's still our prom." Jjeolbae replied.

"We're still second years, noona~ It's still early for us. " I said sweetly.

"And...and we're not yet together." Jjeolbae replied which made Lotta noona smile.

"If you say so.  Wait. Let me show you around." She said while opening a room with beautiful gowns.

Then, she let Jjeolbae enter and let me sit on the chair by the cash register.

"Wait for a while." She said and closed the door.

I wonder what's inside there.

Jjeolbae's P.O.V.

I entered the room to find out a large room of gowns, each placed neatly in a mannequin.

"Wow. There are so many gowns in here. They are all lined and sorted according to the style. And they're so beautiful! It seems elegant, ma'am." I said to her.

"Aw. Thanks for the compliment!" She said.

I was admiring the gowns when one struck me.

"That dress is so beautiful, Miss Lotta. Could I get that?" I asked.

"No problem! This was one of my masterpieces but they just ignored it. I'm glad somebody appreciates." She said to me.

"Really? They just ignore that? But it's so beautiful." I said.

"I know right?" She chuckled and removed the dress from the mannequin.

It was a gold dress, just like Cinderella's. It was embellished with silver and diamond beads. Its skirt was layered downwards, perfect for a princess coming down from the stairs. My heart really fell for the dress.

 

"Are you going to buy that?" She asked me.

"I would if it fits me." I said. She approved and let me enter the dressing room. We passed by Luhan but I just signalled him to wait.

Then, I came out, wearing the dress. I asked Luhan if it is okay.

Luhan's P.O.V.

I was waiting for her to come out. Then, I heard the door screech. I saw her. She's just like a princess. It really fits her perfectly. If I had only asked her in the first place, I wouldn't have to be regretting right now.

"How was it?" She asked me. Still mersmerized by my thoughts, Miss Lotta barged in.

"Still starstruck with the pretty girl under the pretty gown, aren't you?" She asked.

"Ah..It's good! Buy that now." I said to her. She nodded and went near the cash register.

"120 000 won." She asked her. Jjeolbae nodded and grabbed money from her wallet. She paid it without hesitation.

Then, Miss Lotta wrapped the gown carefully and handed it to Jjeolbae.

"It's hard to fold since it might lose its form. Take care!" She said.

We nodded and exited the shop.

"That really fits you well."  I said to her.

"Yours fit too." She replied and chuckled.

"Wanna bet who's gonna win?" I encouraged.

"What would be the prize?" She asked me.

"Hmmm....Being a slave is too common. How about....tagging along?" I said and let out a smirk.

"Either way, we're always gonna be together. " She replied. Oh. I'm busted. I just want us to be closer for the next few days.

"Here's the deal. If we won the contest, we would be wearing couple shirts. And if I lose, I'm just gonna treat you a meal.....for a week." I replied.

"Deal?" I asked.

"Deal." She replied.

Just imagine yourself being in that dress. It looks cute, doesn't it? Anyway, Merry Christmaas~ Since it's around 2 o'clock in the morning here, I'm gonna update later ^_^ It's our Noche Buena today. And yes, I'm a Filipino. But not a full one.