This is Competition!

Some Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Binhwan fic about Jundong/Bobdong and a surprise bonus! You can choose which couple you want to end up together!

 

Bobby is Hanbin’s best friend.

Junhwe is Jinhwan’s best friend.

And Donghyuk is both Hanbin and Jinhwan’s favorite member.

So naturally they set their favorite member up with their best friend.

And then everything changed when the fire nation attacked war broke out.

 

Hanbin and Jinhwan are lying in bed after another long night of practicing; their legs are entangled and Jinhwan comfortingly runs his fingers through Hanbin’s hair.

He’s half asleep, listening to the steady breathing of his boyfriend when Jinhwan speaks up.

“Donghyuk is really cute.”

He hums in agreement, too tired to respond with words.

“I think I’m going to set him up with Junhwe.”

He hums noncommittally again before his brain fully registers the words that have tumbled out of the other’s mouth. “What?”

“What what?”

“What did you just say?”

“Oh. I’m going to set Donghyuk and Junhwe up.”

“You can’t do that!”

“Why not?”

“Well, for one, Junhwe is sassy and a bad influence. He’ll end up corrupting Donghyuk! Second, it’s pretty obvious that Bobby is the best choice for our baby.”

“… You know Chanwoo is the youngest right?”

“He’s tall so it doesn’t count.”

“…”

“…”

“Anyway… What do you mean Bobby is the best choice? He’s an immature troublemaker. Donghyuk deserves someone who’s tall and mature and able to take care of him.”

“Kimbab is all those things, well, except for tall.”

“Whatever. I’m setting Donghyuk up with Junhwe.” Jinhwan crosses his arms as if to show it’s final.

“No way. I’m setting him up with Bobby.”

 

The Battle of Breakfast Seating

 

They all stumble out of their bedrooms, shuffling quietly towards the kitchen for breakfast. Both Hanbin and Jinhwan have not forgotten their conversation last night, already plotting to get their favorite member to fall for their respective best friend. Jinhwan ushers everyone to sit down, purposefully leaving the seat between Donghyuk and himself empty.

“Junhwe, sit right here!” Jinhwan calls out, patting the empty chair enthusiastically.

Even though there’s still a bleary look in his eyes, Hanbin is still very sharp in the morning. “No! Junhwe, sit next to your leader. I want to talk to you about your dancing!” He pathetically lies, sleepy grin on his face as he looks up at the younger male.

“Uh…” Junhwe looks between both of them, unsure who to listen to.

At that moment, Bobby stumbles out of the bathroom, rubbing his eyes furiously. “Bobby hyung! Sit next to Jinhwan hyung! He has something to tell you!”

“What? No I don’t!”

“Yes he does! So you should sit between him and Donghyuk and talk.”

They argue back and forth, unaware that Donghyuk has finished his breakfast in that time and has already left his dishes in the sink.

When they do notice, Junhwe took the recently vacated seat and Bobby sat next to him. So no one got to sit next to Donghyuk that morning.

Hanbin: 0 – Jinhwan:0

 

The Battle of Dancing Partners

 

Everyone is gathered in the practice room, going over songs and moves when their choreographer walks in with a new routine he wants them to try out. He mentions they’ll need someone light to throw in the air for the move and someone stronger to catch them. Hanbin automatically volunteers Donghyuk and Bobby.

“Donghyuk and Bobby will do it! Donghyuk’s really skinny and light and Bobby’s been working out a lot.”

“Sure—“

“No way! It should be Junhwe. Junhwe’s taller and bigger so he’ll be sturdier.” The two of them are glaring at each other now.

“Bobby and Donghyuk already have great chemistry!”

“Junhwe and Donghyuk are the same age and thus best friends.”

“Enough!” Their choreographer darts between the couple, “Jinhwan you’ll do the flip and Hanbin you catch him. And that’s final.”

Hanbin: 0 – Jinhwan: 0

 

The Battle of Shopping (Or Jinhwan Plays ing Dirty)

 

On one of their rare days off, most of the guys are lounging around the apartment watching the latest drama on the shared TV. It’s quiet except for the occasional chortle of laughter from one of the funny, overly dramatic scenes.

“I’m going out shopping and getting some lunch afterwards. Anyone want to come?” Jinhwan comes out wearing a nondescript black sweater and torn jeans (Hanbin is about 85% sure it’s his sweater given it practically engulfs the older male). Most of them are quiet and Hanbin just waves at his hyung because he’s focused on writing another song. He’s so focused he doesn’t realize that Jinhwan grabbed the ’97 pair and rushed out the dorm.

An hour later he does realize what happened when he looks up from his notebook to see Bobby dozing on the couch and Yunhyung and Chanwoo are eating snacks at the dining table. “Where’s everyone else?”

“Jinhwan hyung took Donghyuk and Junhwe shopping.” Chanwoo casually replies, not really looking up from his phone.

“What!”

“Uh… Jinhwan hyung took Donghyuk and Junhwe shopping.” Yunhyung repeats slowly, both of their eyes are wide, unsure of how to respond to their leader’s outburst.

Hanbin ignores both of them, quickly grabbing his phone and pressing the touch screen a bit too hard to call his boyfriend.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?”

“Why, hello, oh dear boyfriend of mine. Where am I? Why I’m out with my two favorite people in the world, Donghyuk and Junhwe.”

“This is playing dirty.” He grits his teeth.

“Whatever do you mean? I just simply took my two favorite dongsaengs out for some light shopping and lunch.”

“You can’t just take the two of them out! That doesn’t give Bobby a fair chance.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about… Oh! Junhwe just put his arm around Donghyuk! Got to go. I love you! Bye! By the way, I us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter