#3

Some Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wants to go home.

Sitting in a large leather arm chair at the head of the long conference table, he boringly stared at the middle aged board of trustees assigned to his enterprise.
He just wanted to go home. He wanted to sit on his couch, comfortably wrapped in a blanket with his husband in his arms while the kids are fast asleep in their respective rooms. Instead, he's stuck listening to middle aged men ramble on about the latest changes in the numbers. He doesn't really know what these numbers mean.

He half-heartedly listens to the balding man standing in front of the projector summarize changes in sales before he’s cut off by the resonating sound of a door slamming open. He lifts his head from the mahogany conference table to welcome the new intruder, only to be met with familiar brown eyes. And an additional four voices that resonate in the room.
"Mrs.- I mean Mr. Kim." His eyes flicker to one the trustees nervously stutter when addressing his husband.
"I was Mr. Kim before I got married. And still am." He politely replied but his eyes had a flicker of threat. "Anyway, I just need to steal my husband away for a bit."
The other trustees nod, well aware of his husband's temper and personality.
He flashes an insincere smile before pulling him out of his leather seat.
He's dragged to his high tower office before his husband plops down in his leather chair while the kids gather on the couch. He awkwardly stands in the middle of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter