Scented

Some Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Different from usual; I decided to write a Junhoe <3 Donghyuk chapter. (with a cameo of Hanbin <3 Jinhwan and some subtle Donghyuk <3 Bobby). This is also a A/B/O (alpha/beta/omega) fic, which was a first for me but it was fun. It also deals with the soulmate universe; everyone has a unique scent but you're only drawn to your mate's (everyone else seems like they don't have a distinct scent. it makes them all neutral.) anyway, who knows. maybe ill do a prequel about Jinhwan and Hanbin. 

Donghyuk: Omega

Junhoe: Alpha

Bobby: Alpha

BI: Alpha

Jinhwan: Omega

Yunhyung: Beta

Chanwoo: Beta

 

 

He remembers asking Hanbin what Jinhwan had smelled like the first time they met; he tells him he smelled like the fresh crisp ocean air with an underlying note of honey. Jinhwan says Hanbin smelled like fresh laundry detergent with a citrus twist.

He doesn’t know what to do with the information as he ponders in school about scents. They discuss it all the time in biology. How everyone has a distinct smell but your mate will be drawn to it and vice versa. His teachers preach that now is the time you are most likely to meet your mate, to cherish your youth.

So he waits patiently everyday for his soul mate.

 

He sighs, staring out the window of the ice cream shop. He tries to ignore the whines of Hanbin and Jinhwan’s giggling. He watches as people walk by, couples joined together as they stroll along the sidewalk. He pauses when he sees Bobby. Kim Jiwon: the most popular boy at school and star basketball player. His friends and teammates surround him as they bounce a basketball on the street before walking in to the store.

He smells campfire and pine needles; it’s strong but is undercut by the subtle scent of peppermint. He loves it. It’s why he’s had a crush on Bobby for the last year, but the boy has not noticed him. He waves hello to Hanbin, his music partner, but doesn't do much else. Jinhwan looks at him when the group had stepped inside, knowing smile decorating his features.

“Donghyuk…”

“No, hyung.”

“Why not?”

“What’s going on?” Hanbin looked between them, confused as he scooped another bite of chocolate ice cream into his mouth.

“Donghyuk has a crush on—“

“Hyung!”

“What. No. Donghyuk’s not allowed to mate until he’s fifty. Or I’m dead.”

“Well, that’s unreasonable.” Jinhwan retorted, flicking his mate on the forehead.

“Oh my god; please shut up. Both of you.”

“Who is the mysterious alpha anyway?” Hanbin ignores him, asking Jinhwan.

“Bobby.”

Hanbin chokes on his soda. “What? That troll? Donghyuk, I say this as your hyung and as sort of your surrogate father—“

“You’re not my dad.”

“You can do better than Bobby.”

“Don’t say that! They could be mates.”

“If they’re mates, they should be trying to scent each other, and they’re not. So I assume he’s not his mate.”

“Maybe, they’re late bloomers.”

“Regardless, I disapprove—“

“What does Hanbin disapprove of?” Bobby swings an arm around his musical partner while his friends grab chairs to pull up to their booth. Donghyuk is immediately overwhelmed by the strong scent, blushing and keening at the smell.

“None of your business!” Hanbin argues, resulting in the two sticking their tongues out.

He recognizes Bobby’s teammates: Yunhyung, Chanwoo, and Junhoe. He knows Yunhyung is a year older, the same age as Bobby; Chanwoo is a grade below but a reliable player on the basketball team while Junhoe is in his grade. They don’t have any classes and have never so much said two words to each other.

But Bobby is now staring from across the booth, eyes crinkled into a smile that he couldn’t help but grin back.

 

Soon they’re hanging out with the basketball team everyday after practice. He gets to know Yunhyung and his passion for cooking. Chanwoo is very sweet but can be quite cunning that he reminds himself not to get on the maknae’s bad side. Junhoe seems quiet but always tags along close to the group.

And Bobby. Bobby always swings an arm around him. He cracks cheesy jokes and laughs with his entire body.

 

One day, after the boys ventured into the locker room to shower after their intense practice, leaving Donghyuk in the gym alone (Jinhwan and Hanbin have run away to find privacy in what he suspects is the storage room), he finds himself humming quietly as he waits. Eventually, Junhoe stumbles out, eyes dark as he sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter