Befriended

Who you truly are

"Ahhh the light, it’s so bright. Mom!!! The blinds close them!" There was no answer.

"Mom?"

I got up and saw a note on table next to bed.

It said "Honey I left early for work. I won’t be back till after lunch. I left you some money go to the cafe next to the hotel and eat something nice."

Oh right I had forgotten she had business here for a month at the agency she worked at. Well at least she left money. I'll go take a shower.

"Can I get 2 pancakes with milk, please?"

"Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you."

 I sat next to the window to admire the passersby. Person after person, always someone different, different in many ways. Oh! Look at that guy. Is he the one from my dream and the plane? Oh what are you thinking Jasmine, you're seeing things now. Are you telling me you've fallen for this mysterious guy whom you know not even his name? Ah man I’m hopeless.

I headed back to the hotel. Maybe I’ll watch a movie or something since I can’t go explore the streets. I was day dreaming, I didn’t pay attention to where I was walking when I entered the lobby of the hotel. Oh man not again, I keep bumping into people AND I keep falling to my .

"Are you ok?" A voice said.

I looked up. What is this? My day dreams have gotten too far. Maybe I was hallucinating or maybe it was real but the person in front of me was the guy from the airport, plane, and my dream. I stared at him not knowing if it was true. He spoke again and his voice brought me back to reality.

"Miss?"

"Oh yes. Sorry for bumping into you again."

"Again?"

 Wow! Did that really just slip out of my mouth? I’m so dumb. I paused looking for words.

"OH no sorry. It’s just that...” Before I could finish he broke me off.

"Wait I know you." I looked at him with a nervous look.

"From where?" I said with a shaky voice.

"Yes you were the girl from the airplane that was looking at me." I didn’t know what to say. It was him. "Oh my god and you are also that girl that I bumped into in Phoenix."

"OH yes! I remember!" I was happy. "I’m sorry. I bumped into you again. Oh and by the way I wasn’t "looking" at you."

"Right.... were you shocked by my good looks?"

 "You make me laugh" I felt myself blush because yes it is true.

"Oh and don’t worry I’m glad we met again. This may sound crazy but ever since I left the airport all I could think of was of that girl sitting at the window."

Is he for real? Guys are all the same, always saying whatever they want just to sound cool.

"Oh is that so?" I said.

"Yea I know it sounds crazy."

 Yea it pretty much does sound crazy. But wait, who am I to judge? That same thing happened to me. The guy from the plane wouldn’t leave my mind. Maybe he isn’t lying after all.

"Oh my bad, we've been talking and you’re still on the floor."

He stood up; he was kneeling next to me, and held out his arm. Palm facing up and I taking it.

"Feels like déjà vu huh?"

"Yea but this has happened already."

"I know" he smiled. It nearly killed me. "I’m HimChan by the way." He let out his hand.

"I’m Jasmine." We shook hands.

"What room you staying at?" He said.

"I’m not going to tell you"

"Why? I’m just asking."

"Well I don’t even know you, what if I tell you and you’re a bad man." I laughed.

"Oh come on do I really look like that kind of person. Look at me." I stared at him for a bit.

"Yea you’re right. You seem harmless. Like a puppy." He laughed; his laugh was so pretty and cute.

"Oh well I have to go. I’m staying on the 4th floor, room 789 if you want to stop by so we could know each other more. Bye see you around."

And he left. 4th floor? Room 789? That was the same floor I’m at and not to mention his room is right in from of mine, room 779.

Ahhh! It’s so boring its 1:30 and my mom isn’t back, what is holding her up. Whatever, I’ll just head to the lobby and draw. I sat at a one person sofa next to 2 others. I was facing the window looking for something to draw. I began drawing view I had of the lobby and the street.

"That looks pretty good." I heard a voice next to my ear. I turned around and it was HimChan.

"Oh hey." I said.

"I saw you coming down here so I came to see where you were heading."

"So you were stalking me?"

"No, no. Not at all. I just wanted to talk to you that’s all."

"I’m just messing with you kid."

"Yea" he laughed.

"So can I see your other drawings?"

"Yeah sure." I handed him the sketch book and he sat at the three people sofa.

"Sit next to me so you can tell me about them." He said.

"Alright." I sat next to him.

"Wow they’re all awesome. Tell me about this one." He pointed at the one of a girl with a butterfly flying away from her hands.

"Well that one... umm. You know, I don’t really know why I drew it. Let me see the date." I looked at it and it said May 2012. "Oh yes, last year It was a really bad month for me, so I drew it because I wanted peace, freedom."

He kept turning the page, drawing after drawing. Then he was looking at the drawing and suddenly I remembered what drawing came up next, his drawing.

"No wait you can’t..." He was already looking at it before I could even finish. He stared at it for a while.

"This drawing looks like me." I didn’t know what to do. I was embarrassed. "Wait!" He looked at me with widen eyes. "That’s why you were looking at me and you held a pencil and notebook on your lap."

"No. what are you talking about?"

"Yes. Even i remember I was reading and you even drew the book." I felt myself red but good thing I don’t become red.

"Ok, ok fine. Yes I that was the reason I was looking at you. So what?"

"Did you fall for me?"

"What? No. I was bored and I wanted to draw and well I saw you." He stared at me with those eyes.

"You like me?" He asked coldly.

"Why would I like? I burly know you."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"I didn’t fall into you when I first saw you."

"Yea that may be true but I...."

"Jasmine." Someone called me and I turned around. It was my mother.

"Hey your back" I got up and stood in front of her. She looked behind me.

"Who's your friend?" Himchan got up and shook her hand.

"My name is Himchan, nice to meet you."

"Hi there. Oh you’re so handsome." I looked at my mom and pinched her. She looked at me and giggled.

"I just met him right now." He looked at me and gave me a look that made it seem he wanted to say "you liar."

"Well it was nice meeting you Himchan. I have to get going." She smiled at him. "I’ll be in our room Jasmine."

"Ok." I smiled at her and she left.

"Your mom is young and beautiful."

"Yea I guess. Well I have to go." I got my book and pencil.

"Wait" Himchan grabbed my arm.

"What?"

"Well we're not done talking."

"Yes we are." And I took off.