Pride

Who you truly are

Jasmine's head spun in circles to the point where it became difficult to stand. She sat at the edge of the sofa inside Jongup’s living room waiting for him to bring her a glass of water. At this point, Jasmine could not think of anything else other than THAT. What is she going to do if what she thinks is happening is true? Surely then, her parents might kick her out of her home.
“Jasmine, your water.” Jongup handed her the cold glass of water and sat on the coffee table in front of her. “Jasmine…are you…”
“I'm not!” Jasmine exclaims before he could even finish. “I'm just feeling under the weather, ok.” She drank water. 
“Jasmine, tell me what happened,” Jongup placed a hand on her knee to assure her that everything was all right with him. To let her know he is on her side no matter what, after all, he cared for her deeply. Jasmine could only look down to her hands holding the half empty cup. As she started to find where she should start her eyes pooled dripping tears down her cheek and onto her wrist. It became hard for Jasmine to speak for all these words were clogged inside . Jongup felt torn and sad to see the state Jasmine is in. He had hoped so much that Himchan would make her happy but here they are again, Jasmine hurting and Jongup comforting her sadness. 
“He never…loved me. It was all a misunderstanding,” her voice cracked dropping down more tears. 
“What do you mean Jas?”
“He never really loved me…he loved her and he pretended to love me because I look like her…”
“Who Jasmine, tell me,” Jongup became intrigued. 
Jasmine began on telling Jongup every single thing that happened when she found out about that other girl Himchan once loved, still loves. Jongup just sat there, holding her hands, hearing her story. Her brokenness was heard through every word she let out and yet Jongup managed to get lost in her words and eyes. Jongup didn’t know how to react to the whole situation or what he should say to her because her feelings became his. It became overwhelming to the point where he didn't want to hear anymore, yet he let her continue. Jasmine vomited everything to Jongup with each word being pierced into his heart making everything so painful. Jasmine paused to catch her breath but only releasing more tears, tears that dropped down onto Jongup's hands from her chin. Her tears felt warm yet cold on his hands and Jongup could only listen to her and see her face red and teary. He tucked her hair behind her ear in an attempt to comfort her.
“I don’t like seeing you cry,” Jongup finally spoke. His words were a trigger for more tears. She leaned on his shoulder, sobbing harder and harder with so much feeling in each tear. Jongup locked her in his arms hoping for her sobbing to cease, hoping to see the happy cheerful Jasmine he knows. 
It only took minutes for Jasmine to calm down but it was only because she had fallen asleep. Jongup carried her to his bedroom for her to rest and on his way, he noticed tears still streaming down her face as she slept. Jongup's heart hurt so much at the site of her brokenness. 

Himchan felt his world collapse in seconds and all because of some words that were misunderstood. He will not lie that Jasmine does look like the former Jasmine he dated once. He will also not lie that both are named Jasmine but it was all a mere coincidence. He didn't even think about it till Daehyun brought it up but deep down he knew. Himchan wondered so much why he came to loving Jasmine in such a short amount of time. Maybe, it is true that he loves Jasmine because of his former love. But no one will ever know till he admits it or accepts it because he is the only one who knows what’s in his head. 
“Himchan?” someone called out to him. Himchan turned to the direction of the voice seeing Daehyun. 
“What is it,” Himchan uttered turning his head back to the TV. 
“I wanted to let you know that Junhong and I think it's best if we leave. I have caused you enough trouble.” Himchan eyes widen for a second. He didn't want them to leave but his pride didn’t give him permission to asked them not to go because he thinks he doesn’t need them. Truth is, he needs them more than ever. 
“Have a safe trip back,” Himchan said not looking at them. Footsteps faded into the hallway as both Daehyun and Junhong headed for their bags. Himchan wanted to ask them to stay but he couldn’t. The words stopped and clogged at the pit of his throat. He wanted to set his pride aside but he couldn’t. He heard the door open and his body tensed gripping tighter on the remote. 
“I’ll see you next time,” Daehyun said. Himchan knew that if he didn't ask them to stay they would leave in this state and he would not see or talk to them for quite some time. 
“I’ll miss you,” Junhong said stepping out of the doorway and into the patio. It took Himchan seconds to overcome what he called his pride. It took great mental strength for Himchan to defy the laws of his pride. Without a second thought, he rose from his seat and ran out into the patio seeing them getting into the taxi.
“Wait!” Himchan exclaimed startling the driver. Daehyun immediately opened the taxi door getting out with a surprised look. Himchan caught up to them. 
“Himchan…what is it?” Daehyun became worried. 
“Daehyun…” Himchan couldn’t. He couldn’t tell them to stay but he knew he had to or he would break on his own. 
“What is it?” 
“Don’t go…Please,” he finally blurted out getting a surprised looked from Daehyun. 
“But, I thought you were mad at me.”
“I am, or I was. But…I can’t be left alone right now. You can’t leave me. Daehyun, I’ll break down even more. Please help me…” Himchan trembled and Daehyun knew how much it must have taken him to say these words. He knew Himchan’s pride too well but it was more than just pride. What Himchan is facing is a demon. A demon that he calls his own. A demon he does not know how to control. A demon that controls him.

 

___________

I'll try to update more *0*