A day in the past

Who you truly are

A peaceful melody filled the atmosphere as Jasmine leaned on Yongguks shoulder. A big sigh from Jasmine here and there made Yongguk worry though it might not be anything or so he thinks.  But what if this was his chance to get back into her life, what if she was wounded badly just enough for him to get back in. Just a scratch would be all it takes for him to enter because the barrier between them was no more than something like tissue as of right now. Though how will he perforate her wounded heart once more. The question still remains within Yongguks mind.

‘For now, just stand down, soon enough I’ll take my chance’ Yongguk thought.

Jasmine closed her eyes just for a moment she hadn’t realized she was leaning on Yongguk until open her eyes. It seem like she was there for quite a while now. Did she fall asleep?

“You’re awake,” Yongguks deep voice filled the silence.

“How long have I been out?” Jasmine yawned

“I good 20 minutes, I thought I was going to have to carry you home.” Yongguk giggled.

“You make it sound as if I were heavy.”

“Well…”

“Hey! I'm not that heavy!” Jasmine hit him on the shoulder.

“Hahaha I know you aren’t heavy, I was teasing you.” Yongguk rubbed his shoulder.

“I don’t want to go home…” The short moment of what seemed to be an illusion of happiness vanished. Reality struck her like a lighting bolt and she realized how much it did hurt.

“It’s ok I can stay with you if you want me to.” Yongguk sounded hopeful

“I want to but…”

“You don’t want to give me the wrong idea, I get it. Is there any place you want me to take you?” Yongguk was patient.

“Jongup, I want to be with him.”

“Ah. Him.”

“Why are you making it sound like that?”

“Well. I never really liked the kid.” Yongguk looked the opposite way to hide his annoyed expression.

“Because you thought he liked me while me and you dated.” Jasmine said bluntly

“Right. But we aren’t together anymore it shouldn’t concern me.”

“Yeah…too bad we aren’t.”  Her voice was barely audible but Yongguk still heard every word.

“My car is at the other end of the park, let me hold your bags.” Jasmine was doing as told. Yongguk was still curious as to why she was crying. “Did your parents kick you out?”

“What? No.” Jasmine was confused

“Then what’s wrong?” Yongguk wanted information so badly

“Don’t ask me that Guk. Not right now.”

“It’s ok, I'm sorry I asked. Wanna eat something before going to Jongups house?”

“Will you pay?”

“Of course I'm inviting you aren’t I?” A smile crept onto Jasmines face when Yongguk said that.

“Is that so. Then I want ice cream.” Jasmine loves ice cream. When Yongguk and her were dating they would go for ice cream every Saturday the whole year even though it was cold at times.

“Just like before.” Yongguk looked up at the sky

“Just like before,” Jasmine repeated. “Except its Sunday not Saturday.”

“That is very true. Then again things aren’t the same anymore,” Yongguk turned to Jasmine who was already staring at him. She offered him a gentle smile. Is it possible that she has forgiven him for all that happened? Up until now she never talked to Yongguk but once in those 2 years since they broke up. Is it ok for them to become friends?

 

“What do you want to get?” Yongguk knows the answer to that yet he still asked

“The usual.” Jasmine was checking her phone. 5 missed calls 8 messages, all from Himchan and some from Daehyun. The look in Jasmines face was obvious she was hurting.

Jasmine please…we need to talk, you cant do this to me. Darling I love you

The last message crushed her but she couldn’t go back to him, he doesn’t love her. Yongguk sat down opposite of her with 2 big ice cream bowls. One was the color of mint with chocolate shavings all over it and a cherry on top and the other was pink with red chunks of strawberries with a cherry on top as well. Putting her phone away Jasmine smiled remembering the good moments between them. Why did they break up again? Somehow that question passed Jasmines mind.

“You remembered, I'm glad. I would have felt annoyed telling you one more time.” Jasmine took a spoon full of the mint ice cream.

“Of course I did. How could I forget?” Yongguk ate some of his.

The minutes passed and they were talking like regular people having a great day. Laughing and smiling, yup that was just like the old days and it was a feeling of traveling back in time where everything was so perfect the flaws seemed like a mere illusion.  That was then, now it’s a whole lot different but somehow the same. Maybe it’s all in Jasmines head but she felt at home.

“Oh hold on. You got ice cream here.” Yongguk reached over the table wiping ice cream from the corner of her lips with his thumb. The action startled Jasmine and she only saw Yongguk his thumb. Her face began to turn red.

“I…uh I need to go,” she quickly said trying to hide her blush. They were more than half way done with the ice cream.

“Ok Lets go,” Yongguk, noticed her pink ears.

“Can I drive?” Yongguk looked at Jasmine confused.

“Can you what?” Jasmine wanted to laugh

“You heard me.” Jasmine giggled. She liked messing with Yongguk in that way because she knew his cars were the most precious things to him and she also knew he would never say no to her

“Y-yeah sure. Here,” Yongguk handed Jasmine the keys.

“I really like your new car Gukkie. When did you get it?” She said all at once while a little excited. Yongguk smiled, he felt happy. “I really liked your other one too, the Challenger but this Audi R8 is cute too.”

“Calm down child,” Jasmine felt embarrassed at her outburst. “But it’s cute. I know how much you like cars.” Jasmine buckled her seatbelt and so did Yongguk. The engine roared soon after. Going 50 mph Jasmine felt so much joy and happiness. Everything seem to have come to a stop and time stood still, it was only Jasmine and that car.

“Jasmine?” Yongguks voice interrupted her. “You might want to slow down.” Somehow during the time she was daydreaming she sped up quite a bit. “You’re going 70pmh on a 45 limit area.”

“Sorry…”Jasmine apologized as she slowed down. “ I don’t think this is a good idea.” She wasn't supposed to be here with Yongguk and to her it seemed like she was looking for comfort within Yongguk, the man she once loved.

“Of course not Jas, you’ll get pulled over.” Yongguk was gripping hard on his seat belt.

“I don’t mean that. I mean this. Me being here is a bad idea. I’ll go to Jongups house sorry for wasting your time.” The pain of reality struck her hard. Yongguk didn't say a word to her saying. Instead he kept quiet about it not wanting to alert Jasmine.

“Is it ok if I text you later?” Yongguk broke the silence just when Jasmine stopped in front of Jongups house.

“Yes. You can do as you wish, plus Id like you to text me. Don’t be a stranger anymore. Don’t get me wrong but I want to at least be friends you know?” Why is she saying this? Jasmine had no idea as to why was just blabbering.

“Thank you, I’d like to be friends too. I had fun today.” Getting of from the car Yongguk hoped for nothing though he was still determined.

“I’ll see you some other time when it isn’t a bad day for me ok.” She quickly hugged him and ran towards Jongups door. Jasmine mouth out a ‘bye’ while waving towards Yongguk and Yongguk smiled waving back. She waited till the taillights from his car disappeared.

Before she could think of knocking on the door, the door opens surprising Jasmine and making her jump.

“You scared me.” She said holding her chest.

“Sorry, I saw someone getting off from that car and wanted to know who, but its you. Not that I don’t want you here but why are you here? Weren’t you with Himchan?” Jasmine flinched at the sound of his name. Seeing Jongup he was either ready for bed or already in it. “Wait that guy just now kind of looked like Yongguk.”

“Because it was him and me and Himchan broke up.” Jasmine replied.

“I'm so confused.” He rubbed his eyes then heard Jasmine cry. The natural thing for him to do is to hug her to which he did.

“I don’t know, everything happened so fast. One thing we were happy then the other I’m eating ice cream with Yongguk. I’ve been so mean to Yongguk and up until now all he has ever done is support me without questions when I’m being destroyed.”

“Lets go inside and we’ll talk.” Jongup half dragged half carried Jasmine inside.

“Wait…. I need to…” The last thing he knew Jasmine was puking all over Jongups bushes. Everything seemed to come down on Jasmine all at once but what was this all of a sudden.

‘Oh please, please no, no, no. Don’t let it be that.’ Jasmine shook her head with fear that she might be facing with something she wasn't ready for.