Love? Yes.

Who you truly are

It’s been 2 weeks already since we got here. It’s been boring since my mom works. I go to the lobby to draw every day and every day that I go Himchan goes. I try to go at different hours but it’s as if he’s waiting for me because to matter the time he always appears. I've created these weird feelings. Every time he arrives I get butterflies and my heart starts beating fast. I think I like him. I don’t want to admit it though. So today I’ll be at the lobby again, I'm kind of excited to see him again.

"Hey Jasmine." My heart beat became faster. It was as if my ears and mind already programed his voice because with just his voice I already knew it was him.

"Hey Himchan." He sat down next to me. Oh man why does he have to smell so nice?

"What are you drawing today?" He asked with a smile. Oh man ok, ok stop trying to kill me with that smile.

"I guess you'll have to see when I finish."

"Aww why do you always say that?" He made puppy eyes. No! Don’t do that. Ok, fine! I admit it! I like him! So what? I know he doesn’t like me back. I started to draw. He was patiently leaning over watching me draw.

"And done!"

"Oh wow! You surprise me every time, but why swans making a heart?"

"I don’t know. Whatever is on my mind is what I draw."

"I’ve noticed something."

"What?"

"You've been drawing things that represent love. Are you in love?"

"Yes, I am."

"Really? With who?"

"I’m in love with the actor/rapper Choi Seung Hyun."

"Oh come on. I’m serious."

"No, right now I don’t like anybody." You liar.

"Oh hey I have to go." Aww why? Don’t leave.

"Oh ok see you later."

"I have to tell you something. Come down to my room at 4 pm ok." I nodded and he went.

Ok. I’m here in front of his door. I’m nervous, I don’t know if I should enter. He is staying alone and if I enter that means we will be alone. Just the thought of it makes me get butterflies in my stomach. I knocked the door. He opened the door and he was rubbing his eyes.

"You were sleeping? I’m sorry I’ll come back later." I turned around to leave but he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"No sorry I fell asleep waiting for you." We sat at the couch.

"I can’t stay long so make it quick. What is it you want to tell me?"

"Wow. You’re so cold." He gave me a smirk. "Ok here I go." He took a deep breath. "I like you."

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. Did I hear what I think I heard? Was this a dream? Wait no; it’s too good to be true. This only happens in fairy tales.

"Say something." He said.

"I don’t believe you."

"Why not? I’m being honest."

"I don’t, how can you fall so easily?" Yet I think I was the first one to fall.

"I fell because of you. I'm not someone who falls for someone easily; I like you and I’m not lying."

"This isn’t true, something like this doesn’t happen in real life, at least not to me." I got up. "I’m leaving."

"Why can’t you accept reality?"

"Because it isn’t true." I started to get teary eyes when he grabbed me by the shoulder and turned me around.

"If you don’t like me then why are you crying?"

"I never said I didn’t."

"So you do?"

"I didn’t say that either."

He got closer to me. He rested his hands on my waist and began getting closer. My heart was racing, fast and furious. I felt his breath on my lips and he kissed me. His lips on mine, I never thought of it. It was as if my body was acting on its own. I raced my hand and placed them behind his head. I kissed him back. His blond hair going in between my fingers, how I’ve always wanted to do this. He broke the kiss and stared at me.

"If you didn’t like me why did you accept my kiss?"

"Because I do like you."

"Then why did you block yourself from the truth?"

"I was afraid."

"Of me?"

"Of loving you." He kissed me again.

"As long as I'm with you, you don’t have to be afraid any more. I’ll protect you at all cost."

I began to get teary eyes. Himchan wiped them with his thumb.

"Never cry because it hurts me." I nodded and hugged him.

"I love you” he said.

”I love you too." They hugged until he broke the hug.

"How long will you stay here?" He asked 

"A month. But I'll convince my mom to stay one month more."

"Yea I'd like that." He said satisfied that he got what he wanted. Like always.