STILL YOU

IN THE DARKNESS
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Do you, by any chance, already have someone you love?” asked him.

 “I do have one…” Then I could see a little pain flashed in his eyes.

“Aaaah… I… I see…” He whispered while took off his hands from mine. He grabbed his cup and leaned his back on couch. He sipped his already cold tea slowly.

“Hhhyun…” I called him softly.

“Hmm…?” He looked at me.

“Thank you…”

“For what?”

“For your dare to love me…” I smiled. “Thank you…” Then my tears started rolling on my cheeks.

Hyunsoo startled. “Josephine… why you…?” He quickly put his cup back on table and brushes his hand on my cheek, wiped my tears with his thumb.

I closed my eyes when he wiped my tears. His hand was so warm. It was so comfortable to me. I opened my eyes and everything was already blurry. The words that I kept on dreaming to be heard directly by my ears were finally came true. Seven years. Finally those words were out from his mouth.

“Yah! Don’t cry. What’s wrong with you?” asked him confusedly.

My heart was longing for his love for seven years. Once it came true, I didn’t know what should I do and what should I say. I didn’t know how to react. All feeling suddenly mixed into one. All I could do was crying and I didn’t know how to control my emotion anymore.

He gripped my shoulders. “Josephine, listen. Don’t feel guilty to me, okay? I knew and I understood that you love someone else…” He pursed his lips. “Maybe… I guess maybe I shouldn’t confess to you. I’m sorry but please don’t blame yourself. I’m okay. You understand?” I shook my head lightly and kept crying. “Josephine, please… stop…”

I put my arms around his neck and hugged him. I buried my wet face on his shoulder, crying silently. He gasped slightly. I thought he would push me away but I was wrong. He stayed still for few seconds before slowly wrapped his shaking hands around my waist. I could feel his trembling fingers touching my back. He rubbed my back slowly.

“Shhh… don’t cry, my Josephine. Don’t cry. You’re more beautiful when you smile…” whispered him.

I leaned up my head and pressed my lips lightly on his cheek. He froze for a moment. I looked at him. His eyes widened. His mouth opened slightly but he closed it again.

“You… by any chance… don’t want to know who is it?” I asked him.

He smiled faintly and cupped my face. “Is it even important for me?”

“Maybe…” I whispered.

“You… wanted me to ask it?” I nodded slowly. He sighed and looked at my eyes. “Who…?”

I took a deep breath. “Yyyou…”

“What?” He widened his eyes.

The love that I always dreamt

Please log in to read the full chapter