TRAPPED IN PARK

IN THE DARKNESS
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I was back again to Seoul. I couldn’t believe that I would step my feet in this city again, in this country again. I walked out from arrival gate while dragged my case. I switched on my phone and checked it. No missed call and no new message. I sighed while put my phone into my pocket. Then suddenly someone pulled my backpack and in the next second someone hugged me. I gasped.

“Unnie~!” shouted two cheerful and familiar girly voices right on my ears.

“I miss you…!”

“I miss you too…!”

I chuckled. “Jinri! Sunyoung! Hi, girls! I miss you both.” I smiled and looked around. “Only you two? Where’s the other?”

“The bride still has a fitting session”, said Sunyoung.

“And Soojung still in out of reach”, said Jinri.

Both of them giggled. I blinked in confuse.

“Eh? Out of reach? Why? What happened with her?” asked me.

“Don’t worry, Unnie. Soojung is fine. Her plane just not landing yet”, answered Jinri.

“She’ll arrive tonight”, added Sunyoung.

“Ah! I see…” I nodded. “But, where was she? She wasn’t in Seoul?”

“Nope, she was in Hawaii for two weeks.” Sunyoung giggled.

“Two weeks? For job or vacation?” asked me. I was really curious.

“Umm… short of”, added Jinri. Both of them giggled.

“Yah! Why you both gigging like crazy? Tell me!” I said.

“Later, Unnie. Don’t worry. Once we arrive to hotel”, answered Sunyoung.

“Let’s go to hotel!” shouted Jinri while dragged me to park lot.

“Hotel?” I blinked in confused.

“Yah! Don’t tell me you didn’t read her e-mail carefully!” scolded Sunyoung.

Crap! Yeah, she is right. I didn’t. Well, Jieun wrote too long like an essay. I was too lazy to read it word by word. “Ah, o-o-of course I read it all, but ummm… I’m hungry. How about eat first then go to hotel?” I smiled sheepishly.

Jinri clapped her hands. “That’s good idea, Unnie! I’m really…” She looked down and shut once she saw Sunyoung glared at her.

“We can eat at hotel, Unnie. You should fitting your dress now, okay?” said Sunyoung with her famous i-will-kill-you-if-you-do-not-do-what-i-am-saying smile.

I gulped and nodded slowly. “Okay.”

They helped me to put my luggage into the car. “Whoa! Is it your car?”

“Yes! It’s mine!” said Sunyoung cheerfully.

“She’s so lucky cause she got that nice ahjumma”, murmured Jinri while got in the car.

“Nah! You’ll get your car soon once you get your license!” said Sunyoung while sat on driver seat.

“Aish! But it is really hard to pass that ahjussi!” Jinri pouted.

I chuckled and got into the car. I looked outside through the window. “It doesn’t change a lot.”

“What?” asked them.

“This city, Girls!” I chuckled. “It seems like what I saw before I went to U.K.”

Jinri giggled. “Of course, Unnie. You only go for two years. It indeed doesn’t change a lot.”

“Except if you’re gone for ten years, maybe it’ll change a lot”, said Sunyoung jokingly.

We are laughed.

“Here your room, Unnie!” said Jinri while opened the door for me.

I smiled. “Thank you.” I looked around. It was a good room with two beds. “Whoa! So comfy!” I jumped on the bed. “So who’ll be my roommate?” They giggled again. I frowned. “Yah! Stop giggling around and tell me!” I grabbed pillow and threw it at them.

Sunyoung caught the pillow and threw it back to me. “You’ll have this room alone if your roommate can’t attend the wedding tomorrow.”

I caught the pillow. “Huh?” I blinked in confused. “You meant Soojung?”

They giggled again. “Not Soojung, Unnie. But another one”, said Jinri.

“Well, since you were the last one who confirmed that you can come, Jieun suddenly booked a room with single bed but none room left. This room was originally booked for someone but since that person didn’t confirm to attend the wedding yet, so she put you in this room”, told Sunyoung.

“So? Who’s my roommate?” I asked in curiousity.

“Hmm… it’s hard to tell”, said Jinri.

“Eh? Why? I just need a name, three syllables. What’s so hard with that?” I protested.

Suddenly the bride herself barged into the room and hugged me tight. Well, she literally tackled me till I felt on bed.

“Yiyun! Finally! My maid in honor! I miss you so much, Girl!” shouted Jieun right on my ear.

“Yah! Are you trying to killing me!” I yelled back.

She stood up and gave me a bag. “Try this! Your dress!”

I dumbfounded. I sat up and stared at the bad in my hands. “What?”

“Hurry!” yelled Jieun while grabbed my hand and dragged me to bathroom.

“But!” I got pushed into bathroom.

“Try it! I want to see! Still there’s a time if you’re not comfortable with the size”, shouted Jieun.

“Aish! She never changes at all.” I mumbled while took out the dress from the bag. My eyes widened. “Omo! Gosh! This is so…”

I was speechless. It was a beautiful dress I ever saw in my life. It was indeed beautiful. A long light pink dress. But it was too revealing to me. The cut wasn’t really that low but, oh well, I was a tomboy, okay. Wearing tank-top was too revealing to me and this dress was so… I even couldn’t imagine myself if I should wear it tomorrow in front of all people there.

“What should I do? Aish!”

Suddenly someone knocked the door.

“Yah! Liu Yiyun! Hurry up! We can’t wait forever! Are you alive there?” called Jieun.

“Five minutes more!” I yelled back. I changed my outfit into that dress. “Aish! It’s so embarrassing!”

I slowly opened the door. I even didn’t take a glace on mirror. I suddenly didn’t have any brave to keep my head up and faced them.

“I know it looks hilarious but don’t laugh at me, okay? I…” I kept blabbering while kept my head down.

“OMO! YIYUN!” screamed Jieun. “THIS IS PERFECT, GIRL!”

“So beautiful!” said Sunyoung.

“I never saw Unnie so beautiful like this”, said Jinri. “You should wear dress often, Unnie!”

“Eh?” I looked at them and surprised. They even didn’t laugh at me. They were enchanted.

“Turn around! Is it perfectly fit on you?” asked Jieun.

I slowly turned around. “I guess yes. It’s not too tight or too loose.” I nodded.

“How about this one?” said Sunyoung while put a pearl necklace around my neck.

“And this earrings!” said Jinri while gave them to me.

“I should wear it?” I asked.

“Yes, baby girl!” squealed Jieun.

I chuckled and put that white earrings on my ears. Jieun dragged me to the mirror. For the first time I felt brave enough to look at my reflection and I was surprised. I saw a beautiful girl on there.

“Is that me?” I widened my eyes. They were laughing behind me.

“Of course it’s you, Unnie”, said Jinri.

“Beautiful, right?” said Sunyoung.

“I told you since ages ago, try to wear one and you’ll know how beautiful this tomboy girl in girly outfit”, said Jieun while smiled. I smiled back.

“Now the heels!” shouted Sunyoung.

I widened my eyes. “Wait!” I turned back and faced them. “Can I just wearing the flat one? I don’t want wearing that hellish shoes! I’m not that short, by the way.”

“But, Unnie…” pleaded Jinri.

“Hell no!” I protested. “What if I can’t walk properly. What if I tripped and felt and sprained my ankle?”

Please log in to read the full chapter