ALWAYS

IN THE DARKNESS
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Do you know how it feels when you’re falling in love with someone who you shouldn’t fall for? I knew. But none can change the fact. The only thing that can I do now is walk out from his life. Maybe someday, I don’t know when, this pain will vanish and when that time comes, we can meet again. He doesn’t need to do something. He doesn’t need to say something. I don’t need words. I don’t need an answer. I don’t need a reason. I just want him to know that I love him. That’s all.

“Josephine…” whispered him on my ear.

It felt like a dream but his soft hot breath on my ear and his warm body wrapped around mine proved that it was not a dream. It was real.

“I miss you…” whispered him again.

I pushed him lightly and looked at his face. There was nothing change on him except faint dark circle around his eyes. They seemed darker than the last time we met at Seoul two years ago.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Looking for you.” He flashed a smile that I missed the most.

“What?” I almost shouted.

“Not here, my Josephine. Can we talk in somewhere else?” His wet and cold palm brushed my cheek.

“Let’s talk in my place…” I replied him and I didn’t know why I suggested my apartment out of all places around there. I felt like I wanted to bang my head on the wall nearby. Stupid me!

He smiled brightly. “Show me the way.”

We walked together under each other umbrella to my apartment.

“So this is your apartment?” asked him once I opened the door and let him going inside.

“Yes. It’s small but comfortable for me.” I said while put my wet umbrella into rack, took off my wet boots, and hanged my wet cloak. “Just sit wherever you want.” He nodded and put his wet stuffs beside mine. “What do you want to drink?” I walked to kitchen.

“Anything is fine”, shouted him while took off his wet cloak and hanged it beside mine.

I washed my hands and started to boil the water. I took out the tea boxes from my bag and put them on table. I was searching for two cups when he walked into kitchen.

“It’s a nice room. Do you live here alone?” asked him while put the cupcake box on table beside tea boxes. “Whoa! Earl Grey!” He shouted. “and his wife? I can’t believe you buy these teas.”

“Yes. I’m the single owner of this place.” I put two cups on table. “They sold them in cheaper price than usual, so why not?”

He chuckled a bit. “Okay. And what is it?” asked him while pointed to the cupcake box.

“Just a cupcake. But I bet now the cream is messing. Which one you want to drink?”

“The husband”, said him while gave the Earl Grey Tea box to me. “Can I open that box?”

“Sure.” I took the tea box from him and put a spoon tea of loose tea into his mug.

He opened the cupcake box. As expected, it was in a mess. The blue cream spread on here and there. “Awful”, commented him.

I peeked into the box and sighed. “What a waste. It was pretty when I bought it.”

“But it still edible though.” He closed the box and put it back on table.

I sighed in relief because he didn’t realize there’s a candle inside that box. My kettle was whistling. I jumped slightly and approached it. I turned off the stove and brought it on kitchen table.

“Oh, let me help you”, said him while tried to take the kettle from my hand.

“Nah, it’s okay. You’re a guest here.” I poured the hot water into the cups.

“If you say so…” He walked through me and then back with a jar of sugar in his hands. “Still a spoonful of sugar?” asked him while opened the jar.

I nodded slowly. “Still remember it, huh?”

He added a spoonful of sugar into my cup and then two spoonfuls of sugar to his cup. ”Yes. As clear as it’s happened yesterday…” He smiled and looked at me.

I startled for few seconds before gained my sanity. “Ah…” I blinked. “You have a good memory there.” I looked down to the cups and stirred the tea.

“Thanks.” He replied shortly while put the jar on table. Then I saw it. A little shinning thing was lingering around his finger. I took a deep breath and gave his tea.

“Wanna standing here or sit on couch?”

“Hmm…” He closed his eyes and inhaled the scent of bergamot. “I guess couch isn’t bad.”

“Okay.” I walked to the middle room and sat on couch. “Please sit down.”

“You didn’t feel lonely?” asked him while sat beside me.

“Excuse me?” I blinked in confuse.

He chuckled and then sipped his tea. “Well, you lived alone in this apartment. You didn’t feel lonely?”

I shook my head lightly. “I always busy with my works so I never feel lonely.” I sipped my tea and put the cup on table. “So, how are you, Hyun?”

He put his cup on table and flashed his smile once again to me. “As like what you see.”

“Well, you look okay.”

“It’s not just okay, my Josephine.”

“Huh?” I frowned.

“Never better.” He grinned while made a peace sign with his fingers, indirectly showed off that ring.

 “That ring?” I asked bluntly.

“Huh? What?” He blinked in confuse.

“Is that your wedding ring?” I repeated my question slowly and unconsciously gripped the edge of pillow on my lap.

“Ah! This ring?” said him while pointed that ring. I nodded. “It’s not my wedding ring.

Please log in to read the full chapter