Chapter Seven

All the Pain
I woke up in a very disoriented state and peered around the room. For a moment, I had forgotten where I was and looked around the room in curiosity. That flat screen T.V was definitely not mine. The sheets that I was nestled into were a velvet black and extremely comfortable, but I was thrown off by the warmth that surrounded my back. I furrowed my brows and turned around, only to stare into the sleeping face of Kris. 
 
I squealed and rolled, falling out of the bed and successfully startling Kris awake. That's when I learned that Kris is not a morning person. He glared down at me, as if he hadn't realized who I was and I slowly watched as recognition filled his eyes. He blinked rapidly and then really looked at me. His eyes then widened in shock and he leaned over the bed, grabbing my good arm and pulled me back into bed.
 
"Are you alright, Zitao?" He asked, his eyes actually filled with worry. I smiled slightly and pinched his cheek.
 
"I'm fine." His face erupted into a brilliant shade of red and he looked away from me.
 
"Go shower. We have school soon." He shooed me away to his bathroom and gave me clothes to wear. I showered quickly so that he would get to bathe as well and dressed hurriedly into the denim skinny jeans and white v-neck that Kris had lended me. 
 
I came out of the bathroom and had a giant blue overcoat thrown at my face. I pulled it away just as Kris walked past me to get into the bathroom. I pulled on the coat and waited for him to return, sitting on his bed. He came out with his hair wonderfully styled and in denim jeans, a white u-necked shirt that showed off his collarbones wonderfully, and a dark blue blazer. A low rumble of laughter came from the boy in front of me and I felt my face redden. I had been staring.
 
Kris grabbed my waist and pulled me flush against him, further making my face redden.
 
"Like what you see, my damaged Panda?" I knew that he had that stupid smirk on his face so I pouted up at him.
 
"You're a jerk." I pushed him away from me and stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled at me before grabbing his backpack and keys, motioning me to exit the apartment.
 
"My backpack is still at school." I groaned loudly and Kris took my hand, dragging me to his car. 
 
We made it to the school and parked in the practically empty parking lot.
 
I exited the car and started walking, but was held back. I turned to see Kris holding on to the sleeve of my coat.
 
"Yes?" I asked, curious. He looked down as if he were nervous and I raised a brow at his suddenly shy demeanor.
 
"Can we walk together?" He asked suddenly, making my eyes widen in surprise at the blonde.
 
"S-sure. I guess." I said, smiling at the boy. He grabbed my hand, much to my surprise, and started walking to the front gates of the school.
 
The weird stares of either shock, curiosity, or jealousy had me glaring at everything that could breath. I could understand their sudden fixation on me, however. I was, after all, holding hands with the most loved and feared person in the entire school. They'd ing choke on air if they knew that we had already kissed at least three times. Kris guided me to my first class and I caught the eyes of Luhan who was standing very close to a boy with rainbow hair. He caught sight of me and his eyes widened, giving me a deer in the headlights look. I wanted to laugh at him, but my lips were sealed as soon as Kris pressed his against mine.
 
Despite how enjoyable the kiss was, the audience was kind of freaking me out, so I gently pushed the blonde away and smiled at him. I shooed him away with a goodbye and immediately stormed over to Luhan, face red as a tomato.
 
"What the hell was that about?" Luhan asked, eyes still wide. I shrugged, not feeling like now was the right time to fill him in. I glanced at Sehun and recognized him.
 
"You're one of Kris' friends." I stated. He nodded and held his hand out to shake. I raised a brow at him and then glared.
 
"You helped him kick my ." I saw the guilt flash in his eyes and he shifted his gaze to the ground.
 
"I'm sorry." He whispered, and I immediately caught a lisp.
 
"Chanyeol threatened to have Baekhyun kick my if I didn't apologize. But even if he hadn't threatened me, I would've apologized." I nodded and clapped a hand on his shoulder.
 
"All is forgiven. See you lovebirds later." Both of their faces turned crimson and Luhan went to swipe at me, but I dodged it, cackling as I escaped into my classroom. 
 
I was watching the sophomores outside during gym rather than paying attention to the lesson when the teacher smacked her ruler against my desk. I looked up at her and she was glaring hard at me. I frowned at her and apologized. It didn't seem like my apology this time would appease her, so she had me stand up for the rest of the class. When the bell rang I gladly grabbed my things and bolted from the room. 
 
Just as I stormed out of the room I was grabbed by the waist and pulled around into a tight embrace. I knew it was Kris and my face heated up. We weren't even dating but he was acting as if we were. Is he insane? I pushed away so that I could stand up straight and glared into the eyes of the blonde.
 
"We aren't even dating, Kris. Why are you doing all of this?" I asked, curious. He blushed cutely and looked down.
 
"I thought that if I kissed you in front of everyone, it would kind of make it official." He muttered shyly. 
 
I chuckled at him. He smiled slightly down at me and tightened his arms around me.
 
"Then would you go out with me, Zitao?" I blushed as the actual words left his mouth, not expecting the butterflies that fluttered around in my tummy. I wanted to say yes, but I don't know what this unsure feeling was. I watched as Kris' became sadder and sadder as I continued to hesitate. I frowned at him and pinched his cheek.
 
"Under one condition, Krissie." He nodded fervently and had a determined expression on his face. I laughed at him, amazed by how his expressions and emotions could change so randomly.
 
"Prove yourself to me. If I find you worthy of my almightiness, I will accept you." His eyes widened and he nodded once. He hugged me tightly and then started pulling me towards the class that we had together.
 
Kris had forced the teacher to allow him and I to sit next to each other and now he was holding my hand under the table. He was running his finger over my cast, obviously still feeling guilty for breaking it. When the bell rang, he pulled me up and grinned.
 
"I'm taking you out to lunch." He stated, making me blush. He definitely made it sound like it was going to be a date. I nodded my head and he pulled me out of the building and led me to his car. 
 
He drove us to a small cafe that was only about fifteen minutes from the school. It was a small, white building that had lovely red flowers in pots decorated around the entrance. There were two long windows in the front and double doors made of mahogany. Kris opened the door for me and I went through, immediately picking a window seat. Kris came shortly after, handing me an Americano and a Panini that looked like it might have beef in it. I ate happily, enjoying the coffee as well.
 
I looked up to see Kris staring at me. I blushed, swallowing my food and looked up at the blonde.
 
"Thank you for treating me." I said quietly. He gave me a genuine smile that seemed to light up his eyes instead of the usual face smirk.
 
"You're welcome." He bit into his sandwich, giving me enough incentive to continue with my own. We didn't speak throughout the entire lunch, but somehow it wasn't awkward either.
 
"Do you want desert?" He asked me. My eyes shot up at him and I couldn't help but think of all the chocolaty sweet things that I could possibly devour. I heard chuckling and broke out of my trance.
 
"W-what?" I asked. He was holding his stomach, laughing beautifully. He wiped a tear from the corner of his eye and looked at me.
 
"You started drooling, so I take that as a yes?" My face heated up once again as I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.
 
He winked at me before standing and walking back to the counter. He whispered so that I couldn't hear him, making me pout more. He came back making an 'awing' sound as he saw me jutting out my lower lip.
 
"You'll love it even if I don't tell you what it is." He said, smirking again. I rolled my eyes at him, just wanting the desert. He stood suddenly, rounding the table and clasped his hands over my eyes. I squeaked as my sight was stolen from me and crossed my arms again. 
 
A delicious smell wafted up to my nose and I could feel myself drooling again.
 
"You'll like this. I don't particularly like sweets, but this is my favorite." He removed his hands from my eyes and I stared down at a crepe that had three different colors of creme inside of it. There was chocolate drizzle over the top and I anted to eat it right ing now.
 
"It's a banana, strawberry, and chocolate filled crepe. Enjoy." Kris said with a wink, sitting back down to enjoy his. 
 
I bit into the thin pastry, my taste buds immediately exploding with joy. It was pure bliss and I would've moaned if I wasn't in such a place as a cafe with another male. I ate it quickly, savoring every single bite. When it was gone I was so sad that I wanted to cry. Kris noticed my distress, having not even finished half of his crepe. I eyed it hungrily but he ignored me.
 
"You really like sweets." Kris stated with a chuckle. I nodded furiously and he smiled again.
 
"This will never happen again, mind you." He said as he passed me the other half of his crepe.
 
I wanted to cry with joy and I took it, finishing it quickly.
 
"That's good to know. That's one thing I know you like besides martial arts and basketball." I smiled at him, making the blonde blush. He grabbed my hand since we had to go back to school before lunch ended. He paid and led me out of the cafe and to his car, opening the passenger door for me. The ride back was silent, but comfortable. 
 
We arrived back at school, not aware of the glares of complete animosity following us through the school entrance.

Oh e, a cliffhanger.

I hope you guys realized that there is going to be a new bully.

This chapter took a while since I didn't know where I was going with it.

Congrats EXO for winning The Most Buzzed (or whatever it's called) over JB and 1D.

I hope to see you guys win more than 1 award at MAMAs.

<3