Chapter Sixteen

All the Pain

Hey~ It's been a hella long time since I've updated. I'm such an . Sorry guys, I hope this will quell some of your impatience (if that is a thing) with me for updating so slowly.


~ Kris POV ~ 

I stared out over the wading pool, trying to quell my growing anxiety. Why was I feeling so anxious all of a sudden? I glanced around the area in search of Tao, and when I didn't spot him even once, my anxiety became almost unbearable. I looked to my left to see a girl that I barely remembered to be named Coco.

"Have you seen Tao anywhere?" She glanced up at me and furrowed her brows. She turned to face me and crossed her arms. 

"I'm kind of new here, so I don't know very many people. I do believe, though, that I saw a boy get knocked out by a blonde dude. He got dragged that way." She pointed down the right hallway. "Probably in one of the back rooms." I felt my blood boil and I glared at her. Who the would see something like that and NOT tell someone?

"You didn't say anything to anyone?" She shook her head.

"I thought they were playing." She shrugged before ditching me and heading for the pool. I ran my hands through my hair, trying desperately to keep my cool.

"God damn it all to hell." I muttered between clenched teeth before darting for the hallway. I looked to my left and made short eye contact with Yixing who stood out of the pool, grabbed a nearby towel, and sprinted after me. "Why are you following me?" Yixing glanced at me as he ran and smiled softly.

"I felt like something was wrong since about five minutes ago, and the sight of you running made me realize my suspicions were correct." He stated bluntly. I couldn't help but smile at the absurdity.

"Ai, aren't only girls supposed to have that much intuition?" I joked, earning a slight chuckle from next to me. We continued to run until we made it into the hallway. "This place looks like ," I commented.

"This part of the pool house is down for renovations because of a water leak that caused a lot of damage," Yixing stated, looking around as he ran.

"Well, ignoring the damage, let's start looking in the rooms. You take the left, I'll take the right." Yixing nodded and began to search every room on his side. As I looked through each room, the heavy feeling in my chest grew heavier and heavier until it was almost difficult to breathe. ", where could he be?" I muttered. I looked down at my feet and much to my surprise and full blown anger, I began noticing small droplets of what could only be blood. I punched a wall so hard I thought for a moment that I might've shattered the bones in my hand. "Mother er!" I bit out through gritted teeth. I began to unceremoniously kick each door open until I heard a soft groan of pain further down the hall.

"Did you hear that?" Yixing asked me. I nodded my head and furrowed my brows. We sprinted further down the hall until the groaning became louder and I couldn't take it.

"Tao?" I called out, and as soon as I did, the cries became more insistent until they were coming from a door directly in front of me. I burst through the door and found Tao laying on the ground, hands and feet tied together. He was covered in deep cuts and his own blood. My heart dropped and I kneeled down next to him. "I'm going to get you out of here, Panda. Just bare with me for a moment." I said gently. As carefully as I could I lifted Tao into my arms with only a few whimpers of pain from Tao. Yixing wrapped his towel gently around Tao who tried to cuddle deeper into my chest. "You're going to be okay. I'm going to make this stop." I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and made my way towards the infirmary.

"I'm going to call up our friends and bring them here, alright?" Yixing called from the doorway. I only nodded and he was off. I gently placed Tao on one of the clean beds and sat beside him until the nurse arrived. 

"What have we- oh, holy . What the hell happened?" The nurse went from gentle and professional to down right concerned and informal. I knew I couldn't tell the truth to her, so obviously I had to lie.

"He got caught up in one of the rougher wave pools and got knocked around. He isn't a very good swimmer, so I'm not surprised this happened." I stated, earning a glare from the person laying down. The nurse raised an eyebrow at me, obviously not believing me. Tao cleared his throat and looked at her.

"It's true, miss. I made a horrible decision." He spoke. The nurse narrowed her eyes one more time before shrugging it off. She could disagree with me, but not with the injured person himself. The nurse carefully cleaned Tao's wounds, much to the younger's discomfort and bandaged him up.

"I'd advise taking him to the hospital for some of the deeper wounds. We don't have the authorization to do stitches here." The nurse said before leaving the room with her accident report. 

"I'm so sorry, Panda. I'm so sorry ty stuff keeps happening to you because of me." I bowed my head, trying to hide the tears that threatened to fall.

"Ai, you stupid dragon. Don't make that face. I hate it. You look ugly when you cry." Tao grabbed my hand and squeezed gently. "Nothing is your fault, everything is being caused by a series of unfortunate events. I can handle it." Tao tried to comfort me. I shook my head insistently.

"Tao, you can't handle it alone. How many times have you already been injured? How many more times will there be? I can't stand seeing you hurting." Tao lifted a hand and brought it to my cheek. 

"I'm pretty strong still, you know?" He pinched my cheek and I groaned in agony. I looked into his eyes and he smiled. I took his hand from my cheek and pressed a gentle kiss to the bandages surrounding it.

"Tao, about earlier this morning, I'm really sorry. I'm such an , and I hurt your feelings really badly. I'm the worst human being to walk this Earth. I am the scum of the Earth." I got on my knees and formally bowed down.

"A-ai, get up, you nerd. That's embarrassing." Tao stuttered.

"It's the only way I know how to apologize, though." I stated, my voice being muffled by the floor.

"Please get up, I have something important to tell you." His words caught my attention and I got back up into my chair.

"Surprise, you . You put these on my neck last night while you were drunk as hell." My heart dropped again and I felt sad.

"I'm so sorry. I practically forced you, didn't I?" I muttered, feeling extremely guilty.

"Kind of, but kind of not. I would have been totally willing to make out with you if your breath didn't smell like , and if you weren't drunk as ." Tao stated coolly and shamelessly. I looked up at him and smirked. He then rolled his eyes at me. "I'm injured right now, you know. I'm not kissing you now because it will probably hurt me. You're going to have to contain yourself for the next couple of days." I frowned at his statement, and he began to laugh. "Jeez, don't look so sad about it." He pinched my cheek again. 

"Who died?!" Chen yelled as he practically kicked the door open.

"I'm not dead, you ." Tao informed the idiot. 

"Lame. Plain old injuries are extremely boring." Chen exclaimed, earning a smack in the back of the head by Minseok. "Aish, I was only kidding."

"We know, that's why I smacked you." Minseok chirped cheekily.

"So what do we tell the teacher?" Kyungsoo asked, acting like the mom he was born to be.

"Tell him that I accidentally went into the expert wave pool like an idiot and got banged up a bit." Everyone nodded and left the room. I turned and stared at Tao, who stared at me in return. I smiled gently at him and grabbed both of his hands.

"I've got something important to tell you, too." Tao raised an eyebrow in question and looked at me curiously. I took in a few deep breaths of air and tried to calm myself down. I felt extremely nervous all of a sudden. What if he didn't accept my feelings? Utter bull. He's got to have feelings for me, right?

"Well, what do you have to tell me?" Tao asked, looking at me with confusion in his eyes. I cleared me throat quietly and looked up into his eyes.

"I fully, and undeniably, have fallen in love with you, Huang Zitao."


I literally wrote this in about 45 minutes. It's short. It's ty. I'm ty. I'm sorry. 

Please inform me of any mistakes and errors down in the comments.

And as always, subscribe and upvote if you enjoy this story so far!

<3