Chapter Eleven

All the Pain
~ Jessica POV ~
 
I sat crisscross on the bed I was sharing with Yoona, wringing my fingers in aggravation. Who the hell did that Chinese toad think he is? He's only known my beloved Wu Fan for a couple of months, I've known him for five years! I glared holes into the wall, thinking of how much I wanted that stupid Huang Zitao to just disappear. Yoona walked in then, strategically carrying two mugs full of hot chocolate. She smiled sweetly at me and I could only manage a grimace. Her smile faltered slightly, but she handed me the cup nonetheless. Im Yoona was my 'beloved' cousin. Even though I fabricate my love for my cousin, she is absolutely oblivious to it and does everything I tell her to. She's the perfect little slave.
 
"Yoona. How do you like Huang Zitao?" I asked, eyeing her thoughtfully. She sat down at the edge of the bed, a pink flush had enveloped her cheeks. She took a careful sip from her mug and looked at me, a small smile gracing her lips.
 
"I think he's nice and his cheeky attitude is really cute." She said, unknowingly helping create a horrid plot in my mind. I looked her in the eye and gave her a devastating smile.
 
"Why don't you go for it? You're really pretty and nice, I think he'd go for you." I said, taking a sip from my mug. Yoona blushed bright red and then began to fidget. She was about to say something when Rasa and Zico walked in. I grimaced at them both, but was glad to have lackeys that do what I tell them to. Rasa glanced over at me and I smiled at him.
 
"Rasa, I need you to do something for me." I said, gazing at him innocently. He turned his entire body towards me and I had his undivided attention.
 
"I need you to 'accidentally' hurt Zitao today during volleyball. Make him vulnerable. Can you do that for me?" I asked, softening my voice and pouting out my lip. He looked stricken for a second and I quirked an eyebrow up. Was he going to disobey?
 
"Can you?" I said, my tone changing from soft to demanding and the blonde flinched. I saw Zico turn around and sit on the floor. He was probably glad to not be on the recieving end of my anger.
 
"Why can't you just leave him alone?" Rasa muttered. I had just barely caught what he had said and my anger burned. I jumped up and stormed over to him. I slammed him into the wall behind him and grabbed him by the collar.
 

"Do you really ing think you have a choice? Do what I said now, Rasa. Who are you to disobey me?" I practically yelled in his face. The blonde cowered away from me, and nodded his head. I stood up straight and smirked.

"Good." I said, going back to my bed. Yoona ran up to Rasa to comfort him.


~ Tao POV ~
 
I grabbed a bottle of tea from the fridge and turned around quickly, bumping into someone. Whoever I bumped into tumbled to the ground and gasped in pain.
 
"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" I asked as I helped the girl I then recognized as Im Yoona off the ground. She smiled up at me and patted herself.
 
"No harm done." She said with a cheeky grin. I smiled at her and helped her make two cups of hot chocolate before going back to my room. Kris had still been asleep, so I nudged at him with my foot and he groaned. He turned over to look at me and then flopped back down.
 
"It's nine in the morning. Rise and shine, Krissie." I said, nudging him again until he finally rolled out of bed and escaped into the bathroom to quickly shower before the other two woke up. I walked over to the closet and pulled out a navy blue turtle neck and a gray vest, and then walked over to the cursed dresser and swiftly pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a pair of socks. I quickly pulled on my jeans and buckled my belt before pulling my turtleneck over my head and fixing my hair.
 
"You're getting ready for the day already?" I groggy voice asked me as I was pulling on my socks. I looked up at Baekhyun who had detached himself from Chanyeol and was now sitting up in bed. I nodded at him just as Kris walked out of the bathroom. He had a white button up and black jeans on.
 
"I'm gonna get something to eat." He said, patting me on the head on the way out. I pulled on my converse sneakers and started to tie them.
 
"Do you love him?" Baekhyun asked out of the blue. The shock of his question nearly sent me falling face forward.
 
"Pardon?" I asked, I could feel my face grow very hot. Baekhyun smiled at me and got up to sit next to me.
 
"You heard me, Panda Peach. Do you love Krissie?" My face showed no sign of cooling down so I contemplated the bacon strip's question. Did I? I felt extremely attached to the blonde idiot. But did I love him? Probably. Maybe I did? I frowned and looked up at Baekhyun.
 
"I'm not sure. Maybe I do?" I questioned myself.
 
"Don't hurt yourself thinking about it. If you really do, the feeling will come naturally to you." Chanyeol's deep voice spoke up. Baekhyun cheered and pounced on his boyfriend, kissing the taller boy on the nose.
 
"Good morning, cutie." Baekhyun said, earning a cheesy grin from Chanyeol. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and they were staring into each other's eyes, making me feel hella awkward. I coughed awkwardly to tell them that I was still there and they both looked at me, slightly embarrassed.
 
"Let's go shower, Channie." Baekhyun said, pulling the taller boy out of bed and leading him into the bathroom.
 
I finished tying off my sneakers and pulled the quilted gray vest over my head. I wasn't going to dress completely for winter and freeze by sweat, but I wasn't going to under dress to the point where I practically froze. I pulled on my gray beanie and rolled the sleeves of my sweater up three-forths of the way. I kept my wrists bare and wrapped a navy blue scarf around my neck. Kris walked into the room holding a plate covered in eggs, bacon, hash browns, and different fruits. He offered me the plate and I took a wedge of watermelon from it, staring at him thoughtfully.
 

Did I?


The pair of idiots emerged from the bathroom surrounded by a dense mist. They were giggling loudly, not aware of my presence at all.

"Baek, why do you have a limp? You were fine before the shower. Did you slip?" My voice managed to shock the two, and they turned to look at me, looks of complete surprise on their faces. Then Baekhyun processed my questions and his face turned into the equivalent of a tomato. He sputtered some unintelligible words before I smirked at him and stood up.

"I'll leave y'all to get ready. You might want to hurry though. They'll be cleaning up breakfast any minute." I said as I walked out the door, leaving a red-faced Baekhyun and a flabbergasted Chanyeol behind.

I found Kris sitting on the couch in the living room with a newspaper in his hands. He looked very focused on whatever it was he was reading, so I took a gander at it as well. It was, in fact, the weather for this week. I felt my face blanch as I took a look at the temperatures for the next three days. Today and tomorrow, the high would be 9ºC, but the next couple of days would be -3ºC and below. With the chance of rain. So cold and wet? Goodie.

Kris folded the paper and looked up at me, finally realizing that I had been standing there. He was momentarily surprised, but then smiled at me.

"The competition will be starting soon. You want to go ahead and go out?" Kris asked, standing and stretching his legs out. I grimaced, but nodded nonetheless. I latched onto his arm and we exited the warmth of the cottage and stepped out into frozen sadness.


This is a two parter since the day obviously isn't even over yet.

Yes, I'm doing this by day. I want it to be as close to a real experience as possible.

<3