Chapter Six

All the Pain

hAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US TO YOU WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRTHDAY SO WE COULD  KISS HAVE TAO TOO. Wait wat.

Happy Birthday, Krease.

(◕‿◕✿)


I changed quickly into the black sweats that Luhan handed me and found them to be too short but not tight. They stopped just in the middle of my shins and I pulled my converse back on and threw on a black muscle tee that Luhan had also thrown at my face. I took off my beanie and placed it into Luhan's locker, which he decided to gracefully share with me. He noticed my terrible beanie hair and giggled at me, successfully making me blush. 

 
He threw a red snapback at me and I stuck my tongue out at him, putting the hat on backwards before walking with him outside.
 
"What do you want to do first?" I shrugged at the deer's question and looked around, eyeing the martial arts area. I really wanted to kick someone's , but I also wanted to play basketball. I glanced in between the two and frowned.
 
"I want to do the obstacle course and I saw you staring at the martial arts area. Which shall we do first?" He smirked at me and my eyes shined at him.
 
"Jiǎndāo shítou bù!" We both shouted at the same time. We both threw scissors. 
 
"Bù!" Both rock.
 
"Bù!" I threw paper and he threw rock.
 
"Awe! Best two out of three!" He shouted, childishly stomping his feet and pouting. I smirked at him and held out my hand for another round.
 
"Jiǎndāo shítou !" We cried together, this time he threw scissors and I threw paper. I frowned and he seemed pleased with himself.
 
"Jiǎndāo shítou !" He yelled by himself, throwing rock as I threw scissors. 
 
"." I groaned. I hated losing.
 
"Woo! To the obstacle course!" He grabbed me by my wrist and started skipping to the line, dragging me behind him again. I watched as the martial arts areas grew smaller and smaller and whimpered. I looked forward and saw how the line wasn't that long, mostly because the course looked absolutely terrifying and looked at Luhan. He definitely didn't look like the type that would like this kind of thing. I frowned and looked up as the next challenger got ready to go. 
 
I gasped as I saw that it was Kris and immediately tried to not look at him. The ing ert. I looked back up for an instant and saw him staring at me. When he noticed that he had my attention, he smirked and started. I watched as he soared over the first part, which was only a topsy turvy see-saw that required long legs. He practically flew over the rope portion that looked a little more than difficult and then he made it to this water part that had a giant twisting oval. I'm pretty sure even I couldn't do that, but he managed just fine.
 
My jaw dropped when he made it over the fourth part, which consisted of four foam cogs with holes in the middle. They spun and the beam under them that was meant for walking was only one foot in width. Under that was water and he easily terminated that course. He made it to the fifth portion, which were four giant balls that he he had to jump on without slipping. He flew past that and hit the final buzzer, beating the course with a time of 1.35.67. 
 
He walked away from the course, throwing his eating smirk at me, before sauntering off to his stupid group of friends. I rolled my eyes and turned around, noticing that Luhan began to tremble in fear.
 
"Lulu? What's wrong?" I placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned to look at me. His eyes were filled with tears of fear and I felt very alarmed.
 
"W-we can't do the course. I just watched someone break their wrist. How about we do something else?" He didn't wait for my answer, but instead pulled me behind him until we made it to the basketball court.
 
I watched as the first team played easily, not even worrying about beating each other. They laughed and played for the joy of the game. The buzzer went off and I stepped up to be placed in a group. Luhan was a few people over and Kris walked up from behind to stand next to me, scaring the hell out of me. We were placed in two groups and I was luckily with Luhan and against Kris. We ran at each other, I was dribbling the ball and I easily passed everyone on the opposite team. Luhan swiftly ran up and helped me with an alley-oop.  
 
Everyone ooed and awed and I rolled my eyes. Basketball was nothing, seriously easy and fun. I stole the ball from another player and started to dribble away, seeing that I was getting cornered by two other kids. I looked quickly to the side and saw that Luhan was open. I bounced the ball in his direction and he easily caught it and chucked it from the middle of the court. I ran quickly and grabbed the ball out of the air and did a layup.
 
I saw Kris glaring at me and I smirked back, taking the water bottle that Luhan handed me. I chugged half of it and set it back down, wiping away the sweat with an offered towel. We got back onto the court and Kris ended up starting with the ball. He was much quicker than I and he continuously knocked me to the ground whenever I got close enough to steal the ball. I managed to slip in right between a dribble and stole the ball, immediately passing it to Luhan. Luhan dribbled up the court and I managed to slip past Kris and ran quickly to the basket. He threw the ball at me and I attempted to get the ball in the hoop, but it was knocked out of my hands and I was thrown to the ground yet again.
 
Unfortunately, I landed harshly on my left wrist and I definitely heard something crack. I gasped in pain and pulled the injured hand to my chest. Luhan ran to me when he noticed something was wrong.
 
"What's wrong, Panda?" He crouched down next to me and noticed how pale I was.
 
"Holy crap!" I felt my body break out into a cold sweat as I looked up at Luhan. 
 
"He broke my wrist." I whispered in shock.
 
Luhan's eyes widened a fraction and glared at Kris. He pulled me to my feet by my good hand and walked me to the school infirmary. As we passed Kris, Luhan very loudly cursed at the blonde.
 
"ing ." We continued to walk as I cradled my wrist with my other arm. The nurse wrapped my wrist up but insisted I go to the hospital to get an X-Ray and a cast. Kyungsoo demanded that he take me despite my outright refusal to do so.
 
"We'll go as soon as school lets out." The bug eyed boy announced at lunch. I nodded grimly, having a terrible hatred for hospitals. They were too clean and reminded me of death. I ate my lunch quietly, wincing every time I felt my injury throb. I cringed and dropped my chopsticks, gaining the attention of my friends. They all turned worried eyes on me. Yixing picked up his backpack and dug around for something. He made a small 'a-ha' sound when he found what he was looking for and he slid a bottle of painkillers my way.
 
I gratefully took the pills and choked them down quickly, wanting the pain to end. I saw the eyes of all of my friends widen into matching pairs of horror and suddenly my chair was pushed so hard that my body slipped out of the seat and I fell on my on the hard tile floor. I looked up and saw Kris smirking down at me. I stood up quickly and all of my sense left me. I felt hot tears sting my eyes and I felt them slide down my cheeks leaving burning trails. I raised my good hand and smacked him hard across the face.
 
"You're a piece of ."
 
I stormed off, ignoring all of the teachers warnings to stop and ignoring my friends and the surprised look on Kris' face. I hated him to my very core. I fled the school, leaving all of my belongings behind. I quickly ran home and locked the door behind me. I cowered under my blanket again and cried in agony.
 
Was the tall blonde idiot making it his job to make my life ing miserable? I lay there for hours until I heard a knock on the door. It was a very urgent pounding and I assumed it was one of my friends. I slowly walked to the front door, feeling nauseous and light headed. I unlocked the door and pulled it open, revealing a frazzled looking Kris. My blood ran cold and I fell to the floor, scooting away from him. He frowned at me and began to advance. I tried to kick him but he grabbed my foot and pulled me closer.
 
He pulled my up into his arms bridal style and walked me out of the door.
 
"Where are you taking me?" I muttered, feeling the tears rise again. He didn't answer, but placed me in the passenger seat of his car. He buckled me in and came around, letting himself in.
 
"I'm taking you to the hospital. I didn't know that I might've broken your wrist. I found out after I decided to bully you a bit after you stormed out. That slap hurt by the way. Your friends told me and then they yelled at me. I'm sorry."
 
The apology is what really threw me off. I looked up at him and noticed that his face was flushed. I giggled lightly and glanced at the road. I felt my blood run cold again as I saw that we were nearing the hospital. I felt myself beginning to hyperventilate and I looked at Kris. He noticed my distress and frowned.
 
"If you panic a lot, you'll just faint. I know how hospital phobias work." He grimaced, revealing that he too, hated hospitals. At least that made two of us. 
 
He parked the car and helped me out, leading me to the front door. As we approached my heart started to speed up to the point that I thought I would have a heart attack and then the world finally turned black around me.
 
~ Le Time Skip ~
 
I woke up in an unknown bed and pushed myself into a sitting position with my good hand. I glanced at my wrist and found a blue cast wrapped neatly around it. I heard shuffling and soon Kris revealed himself from around the corner holding a tray and I frowned at him.
 
"Am I in your apartment?" He nodded. He set the tray down and I peered at it. Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I looked at him and he was blushing again.
 
"It's the only thing I can make." He muttered.
 
I began eating and it didn't taste bad at all. Quite yummy, actually. I finished everything without speaking and he took my utensils and returned quickly.
 
"I'm so sorry." He said again. This time I glared at him.
 
"First you kick my , then you force your kiss on me, then you break my wrist, and now you apologize? Are you suffering from some kind of personality disorder?" 
 
The blonde bit his lip, probably finally realizing how much pain he's been causing me.
 
"All I can say is sorry. I know that I was being a , but I'll try not to be anymore. I'm gonna try to make up for what I've done to you, I promise." His facial expression actually looked like it was reflecting guilt and I don't know why, but I couldn't find myself to stay mad at him. I relaxed my features and looked into his eyes.
 
"It's okay." I whispered. He smiled - note: he didn't smirk - but it failed to reach his eyes. 
 
He gently grabbed my bad wrist and brought it to his lips, kissing the cast tenderly. I blushed furiously at the gesture and looked down. He lifted my face up with his index finger under my chin and kissed my lips gently, surprising the right out of me. I felt my heart leap and try to break out of my rib cage, but I didn't push him away. My body wouldn't let me. Instead, my body decided to melt against him and he broke us apart shortly after.
 
His face was a dark shade of crimson and he looked away from me, making me giggle.
 
"Ai, face. You're kinda cute when you blush." He face flushed impossibly deeper and he shoved me by my forehead, making me giggle at him again for being so childish.
 
"Just go to sleep, damaged Panda." He muttered. I stuck my tongue out at him and whispered something along the lines of 'who's fault is it that I'm in this state?' and tried to throw my legs over the edge of the bed. 
 
The older looked startled and he grabbed my forearm.
 
"Where are you going?" He looked stricken and I raised a brow at him.
 
"You told me to go to sleep, so I'm going home." The blonde shook his head furiously.
 
"You need to stay here so that I can look after you for the night." I blushed at the prospect of sleeping in the same area as Kris.
 
"Where will I sleep?" He pointed at the bed.
 
"And you?" I inquired. He pointed to the bed again and I felt my face flame up.
 
"I-in the same bed?" He shrugged and looked at the mattress.
 
"It's big enough anyhow. So why not?" He stated. He patted the bed and I realized that I was still uncomfortably in jeans.
 
"U-um, jim-jams?" I questioned, realizing how I said that. I blushed furiously at my nickname for pajamas and looked down. Kris laughed with his whole being. The sound was deep and hearty, it felt warm and brushed the soul with an air of happiness.
 
"That's cute." He said. I blushed again as he threw me a pair of sweats and a tank top.
 
"They're jim-jams. Everyone is wrong!" I cried as I escaped into the bathroom to change.
 
I came out and he was still giggling about the jim-jam thing. I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted, stomping my foot when he wouldn't stop. He tried to control himself and the way his eyes glimmered with joy caused the air to stop in my throat. He was truly the most handsome creature I have ever come across. He patted the area next to him on the bed and I shyly approached, laying down next to him.
 
He pulled me into him and my head rested on his bare chest. He wrapped his arms around me and fell asleep almost instantly. I couldn't believe my life right now. I was sleeping in the same bed with possibly the most gorgeous man on this planet and he was cuddling me. I smiled inwardly before falling into a very comforting dreamless sleep.

hOLY  WHAT HAVE I DONE I ESTABLISHED TAORIS TOO EARLY.

No, there probably won't be . I lost my skill for that. sryntsry. 

But there will be new bullies.

Krissie is going to be such a sweetie from now on. 

aHMAHGAWD IM HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME RIGHT NOW.

I hope y'all like it.

Lurve ya <3