Chapter Five

All the Pain
I stayed like that until the sun rose the next day, not sleeping even a wink. I groggily pulled myself out of bed to shower and head down to the restaurant. I dressed primly in black skinnies and my Gucci sneakers and a black button up. I slid my glasses onto the bridge of my nose and put in my black onyx stud earrings. I covered the bruise on my cheek and walked into the living room. I steeled myself before throwing the door open and nervously glanced around to see if the coast was clear. I locked the door behind me and sprinted down the walkway until I was safely in public.
 
I quickly walked to the restaurant and entered. I was greeted by a smiling Baekhyun and was told to head in to the kitchen to see Kyungsoo. He had me fill out an application and he put it on file immediately putting me into the computer.
 
"Here you are. Baekhyun will walk you through the art of waiting." He handed me a black apron and made a grand flourish with his hand, showing me the way out. I tied the apron around my waist and found a pen and pad.
 
I totally did not expect to start the same day and was completely overwhelmed, but managed to keep going until the end of my shift. I trekked tiredly into the kitchen and hung up my apron.
 
"Holy crap I didn't think this would be so tiring." I groaned, Baekhyun laughed behind me.
 
"You'll get used to it. But you were really popular with the female customers today."
 
He handed me a wad of cash and my eyes widened.
 
"What is this?" I asked, hesitantly taking it.
 
"Tips. Duh." Baekhyun stated with a roll of his eyes. I silently counted the cash and was surprised to have ₩ 42486.
 
"Holy ." I muttered. I stored the tips into my wallet and looked up at the clock. It was already really late, 11 PM. I helped Baekhyun clean up shop and moved to the kitchen. 
 
"Need any help cleaning up in here?" I called. Kyungsoo popped his head around the corner and beamed at me.
 
"Thought you'd never ask. How about helping me with some dishes?" I smiled at him and rolled my sleeves up.
 
"No problem." I began scrubbing the dishes to a sparkling perfection and wiped down the counters until the entire kitchen was gleaming. I said goodbye to my friends, deciding that it was for the best that I didn't tell them about Kris and went on my way home. 
 
I stopped by a mini-mart and grabbed some gimbap and a bottle of lychee and aloe juice before making a hasty retreat to my apartment. I peered around the corner and saw no one, and feeling much like Altair in Assassin's Creed I crept over to my door without making even the slightest noise. I soundlessly unlocked my door, glancing around me, before entering and quickly locking the door behind me. No way in hell did I want that blonde ert breaking into my home or coming anywhere near me.
 
I ate and drank quickly before taking a shower and jumping into bed, dreading the school day that was gaining up on me. 
 
~ Le Time Skip ~
 
I woke up with a slightly raging headache and groaned loudly. I rolled onto my back and swiped my hand over my face and glanced at the clock. It was 6:50 AM and I was going to be late as hell. I bolted out of my bed and quickly got ready for school, deciding on a red sweater and the usual black jeans. I choked down some Advil and slipped on my converse for a change, grabbing my backpack and and beanie before hauling out of my house. 
 
I pulled the beanie on over my hair and checked the time on my iPod, 7:16 AM. Crap. I flung my backpack onto my shoulders and got ready to start sprinting to school when the sound of a car horn scared the absolute piss out of me. I even squealed like a damn girl. With my face turning crimson, I looked behind me at a very sleek looking red Ferrari. I stood in awe for a moment before I noticed who the driver was. Kris. I grimaced and turned around to continue my running when a deep and still very alluring voice called out to me.
 
"I could give you a ride, you know." I looked at him through the open window and eyed him suspiciously.
 
"Why would you help me after you beat the ever living out of me and then forced your kiss on me?" The blonde shrugged and looked troubled. Seems like he didn't really know what he was doing either. I rolled my eyes and hesitantly got into the passenger seat.
 
"This is the only time I'm allowing you to help me, because let me just tell you how much I don't trust you. Mood swinging ." He just smirked at me before stepping on the gas and speeding off. 
 
I quickly got out of the car before anyone could see us and starting walking away without so much as a thank you for the ride. I didn't want to be seen with him, hell I didn't want to look at him.
 
"Hey, don't tell anyone about where I live." I turned around to face him and he had that troubled expression on his face again. I eyed him up and down, wondering how he could afford a Ferrari but couldn't afford to live in a more grand home.
 
"It's none of my business anyhow." I muttered before continuing to walk off.
 
Baekhyun squealed when he saw me and ran up to give me a hug, leaving Chanyeol behind who glared at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and hugged my shorter friend.
 
"You look a lot better even today and I just saw you yesterday." He exclaimed, giving me his adorable eye smile.
 
"I didn't sleep very well, actually. I kept having nightmares." I frowned to myself. Yeah, nightmares of a crazy blonde chasing me down halls and .
 
I looked up from Baekhyun to see Kyungsoo, Yixing, Minseok, and Luhan approaching us quickly and I waved at them. They converged on me with hugs and greetings and telling me how much better I looked. And I wanted to cry over how much they cared for me. So much more than my parents and I had to fight back the hot tears that threatened to overflow. My God, what a sap these people were turning me into. 
 
The bell rang and Luhan grabbed my arm dragging me to my first class.
 
"So today we have gym with all of the other senior classes which you have no choice in being a part in, Mr. Genius. This happens every other week in the place of second period on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so try not to mutilate Kris if you see him. Meet me outside of your class so that I can guide you there, okay?" I nodded at him and entered my class.
 
First class went on swimmingly albeit very boring. Chanyeol didn't bother me although it did seem like he was glaring holes into the back of my head. When the teacher called for a short break, I turned around and looked at him. He seemed surprised that I had felt him glaring and I sighed heavily. I stood up out of my seat and walked over to him, pulling up a chair. He narrowed his eyes questioningly at me and I sighed again.
 
"Why do you keep on glaring at me?" I asked, not hesitating to get to the point. He looked taken aback and leaned back in his chair. He frowned at me and looked away. I saw how his ears turned red.
 
"You're too close to Baekhyun." He mumbled. At this I couldn't help but allow the bubble of laughter from escaping. He glared at me and everyone in my class turned a startled eye to me.
 
"He's just a friend who's been helping me since I moved here. Jesus Christ, don't get so defensive. I'm not gonna steal him away or whatever. Bacon is all yours." I smiled widely at him and went back to my seat as the teacher arrived.
 
I could still feel eyes on the back of my head, but they weren't cruel, they were curious. I ignored it and stared out the window towards the field, noticing a bunch of activities had been put up for gym, I assumed. There was a vast and very difficult looking obstacle course and a place roped off with a bin that had long sticks in it. For some type of martial arts maybe? There were other things too like soccer and basketball and I think I even saw a teacher setting up for rugby. This school was no joke with its athletics.
 
"Mr. Huang! Please pay attention!" A ruler was slapped onto my desk, pulling me out of my observing, and I looked up at the teacher.
 
"I'm sorry, miss." I said quietly. She looked somewhat appeased but glared at me anyway and continued on with her lesson.
 
When the bell finally rang I got out of my seat and was stopped by Chanyeol.
 
"Zitao. I'm sorry for being ty to you. You mean a lot to Baekhyun even though he's only known you for a little while, but I don't want to up with him since I love him, so I'm really sorry and I'll be a lot nicer to you." I was surprised and very taken aback, but I smiled at the happy virus nonetheless. He reached out his hand which I took and shook in truce. 
 
"I know Kris can be an , but you really do get used to him and he does grow on you like a fungus. He may seem like an right now, but he gets better once he allows someone under his skin. Also, I wasn't a part of that whole thing with kicking your . So I'm apologizing for them. Also, I'll tell Jongin and Sehun not to hold you down like that again. I'll tell Jongdae and Junmyeon not to mess with you either. I don't want Baekhyun to hate me, so I'm going to do my best to make things right. See ya in gym." He waved at me and fled the room.
 
I shook my head from the shock that I had just went through. He was going to stop the bullying for a boy that he loved? My eyes followed Chanyeol out of the room and my heart swelled with the respect that had grown inside me for the older. He was a very good kid who I could tell by the way he acts is the type of person to bring out the best in another. If he saw something good in Kris, then I could only assume that there was something good inside of him. 
 
I walked out into the hall and was grabbed by Luhan who then began to pull me towards the gym area. What fun this was going to be.

Don't start feeling all warm and fuzzy for Krissie yet. He may or may not do something stupid in the next chapter.

Yeolie is such a sweetie, Bacon is so lucky. <3 

I love y'all.

<3